Ethereal Mod: Anyone like the idea?

Discussion in 'Working in Progress Mods' started by CinderTheCat, Dec 14, 2012.

1. CinderTheCat Squirrel

Hiya! My name is Cinder [herp da dur] and I'd like to introduce a new idea to your brains. :D

I was thinking of maybe modding something that would add an entirely new mode to Terraria. After hardmode and doing something somewhat similar to the Wall of Flesh sort of thing, you would be warped into a completely new world. Like, the entire terrain would change, etc. I envision it to look SOMEWHAT like Netherstorm from World of Warcraft. It'll have all new ores, mobs, generation, and elements of the game, really. It seems like a pretty darn cool idea in my head but i'm not sure that it would ever be able to happen in a game, let alone by myself. So a few of my friends are tagging along to help me with sprites, but I may need some other spriters aswell c:

Anyway. I have thought up a list of ideas, only scraping the surface, really. I don't intend for it to add much to the vanilla and hardmode [except for the mode's initiation in hardmode] but I might if you guys really want me to.

MOBS
    Corrupt Jelly
    Resembles a jelly cube from Spiral Knights. The main mob of the world, like Slimes.

Haunt
    A black soul-looking thing. You could relate them to Wraiths. Replaces Skeletons. [?]

Pterodactyls [because i can]
    Normal pterodactyls. Replaces Bats.

BIOMES
    Replacing hell will be Skeria, the Land of Ice. cx
    Replacing the Corruption will be ?
    Replacing the Jungle will be something to do with acidicness.
    Replacing the Hallow will be nothing! :D

BOSSES
    Hades - You all know who he is. He's come because you've frozen his world!
    Blind Cthulu - You get to face the real dude this time.
    Vomiter of Worlds - Hur hur, backwards EoW :D [?]
    Raithon - A cute kitten that is more than it seems.
    Cyborg of Flesh/Wall of Steel - [description to be added when boss decided upon]

[ALL ORE SPRITES ARE TEMPORARY]
    ORES/ALLOYS [ALL HAVE ARMORSETS]
    Nether Alloy - Made from combining Heine Ore with Ethereal Ore.
    Heinee Ore - Extremely rare, found in the lava layer. [hurr heinys]
    Ethereal Ore - The equivelant of Copper. >Pick, Hammer, Axe, Sword, Bow [IMG][IMG]
    Sereek Ore - The equivelant of Iron. >Pick, Hammer, Axe, Sword, Bow [IMG]
    Aarkeen Ore - The equivelant of Silver. >Pick, Hammer, Axe, Sword, Bow[IMG]
    Terehek Ore - The equivelant of Gold. >Pick, Hamaxe, Sword, Bow
    Neirek Ore - The equivelant of Demonite. >Pick, Axe, Sword, Bow
    Ikeree Ore - The equivelant of Hellstone. >Pick, Hamaxe, Sword, Bow
    Acbutes Ore - The equivelant of Cobalt. >Drill, Chainsaw, Hamaxe, Sword
    Oreiek Ore - The equivelant of Mythril. >Drill, Chainsaw, Hamaxe, Sword
    Kheerek Ore - The equivelant of Adamantite. >Drill, Chainsaw, Hamaxe, Sword

WEAPONS
    [IMG]
    Crystal Sword (not sure why this turned out so small! temporary sprite, i goose)
    Damage: Undecided
    Speed: Medium
    Materials: 1 Aarkheen Bar, 3 Sereek Bars, 3 Ikeree Bars, 5 Khereek Bars, 10 netherwood

NEW PWNHAMMER: Swaghammer. //shot (probably not lol)

IDEAS OUT OF DEVIANTART: [I posted a journal there >:u]
    none so far
  2. Cavious Demon Eye

This seems like a cool idea. Love to see this mod created.
  3. RussLeeIV Tim

I think it is an interesting idea. While reading I thought of an idea for moving between worlds. A portal that when used, saves your game and loads you into the other dimension / world and places you at a portal that would take you back. The first time the portal is used you could create the new world using your specific world generator saving global variables with the world names to switch between in each. This would only work in single player mode though, although maybe some of the others here may know how this might be made to work in multi player, not sure if a single person can host multiple worlds. I really dont do much with multi player.

Any hoo, I think you have a cool idea.
  4. CinderTheCat Squirrel

Thanks!
    I do want it to be multiplayer. However, what I plan to do for the multiplayer solution is when you defeat the entry boss, it instantly performs a biome change [such as the hallow generation from vanilla to hardmode] that changes the thing. When you destroy something that spawns on a floating island as a result, it'll add in the ores, and change anything else that wasn't affected by the biome change.

I also added two temporary sprites for Ethereal and Sereek ores.
  5. Skye.EXE Green Slime

Only ore sprites are currently temporary, I plan on giving them their own shapes because originality. :D
  6. >:SYNTAX Mouse

7. CinderTheCat Squirrel

A. You spelled it differently

B. You never put a copyright claim on it, and mine will both look different and have completely different stats.
    Bullseye55 likes this.
  8. >:SYNTAX Mouse

ok fine i was just asking :)
  9. CinderTheCat Squirrel

however, i'm not finished. cx
    I was wondering if you could maybe help me with coding? I've never made a mod before, and you seem like you're a pretty damn good one. cx
  10. >:SYNTAX Mouse

the c# or c++ i canot help you with but the .ini file yes i canjust tell me how strong you want the weapon to be and il work something out
  11. pionoplayer Giant Worm

this is a great idea, I've never seen anyone creative enough to try making an area where you could fight a new level of mobs without having them demolish you at your home base.
    good luck with this!
  12. SilverBird Blood Crawler

so the Wall of Steel?
  13. CinderTheCat Squirrel

no, it'll probably be like wall of demons or something
  14. Bullseye55 Fungo Fish

Cinder, if you need help with C# Tconfig coding, you can ask me, and I'll try to answer it. :)
  15. Skye.EXE Green Slime

I want something that can look 12x more gruesome than WoF. Because wof isn't as gruesome as it sounds.
  16. CinderTheCat Squirrel

i didn't really intend for it to be a wall of anything anyway
  17. pionoplayer Giant Worm

wait, not wall of demons, make it a technological version, like with the other hardmode bosses. The death wall, it's like a massive metallic version of the WoF with chunks of the flesh showing, he gets lasers, cannons, bombs, and even a machine gun! you can use it if you like, I don't mind, I come up with random ideas all the time and usually it never happens. the exceptions are when someone else uses 'em
  18. SilverBird Blood Crawler

thats the wall of steel lol
  19. pionoplayer Giant Worm

no. I came up with the death wall back when I was doing Terraria Ideas Weekly. The death wall is, hmm. Take the WoF, then give it a metal coating, sheer off a few pieces here and there, and mount grenade launchers, lasers, and a few machine guns and you have the DW
  20. SilverBird Blood Crawler

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/sprite-boss-the-fan-arts-bosses-and-ideas.79384/ the first thing on there is the wall of steel and your idea seems a bit like it