Pixel Art ExplosiveSheep's Creations

Discussion in 'Player Creations & Screenshots' started by ExplosiveSheep, Jul 29, 2012.

1. New Banner.png
    There are no pictures after the original post until THIS POST (click), I am sorry for that.
    To get to the post with first post-1.2 content, click here
    You can find the world download at the bottom of this post.
    Updated as of 29th July 2014
    Hello everybody!

Welcome to my thread of creations that I have decided to build inside Terraria. And maybe random lore and digital art to go with them.

I do accept feedback and constructive criticism! Also feel free to suggest things about any creation you see and think that it could be improved in a certain way.

If you like my builds, remember to leave some feedback and maybe even a like.

Now comes something you came here for, the creations.

Feel free to comment on anything from this, even if it is completed.

Pre-1.2 Builds can be seen here!
    Pre 1.2 (open)

The first creation... CC entry for Stadium theme: The Desert Arena! (Completed)

Pictures + Background information. (open)

First Version (open)

DesertArenaCCESlightning.png
    This arena is mainly for PvP duel fights, but can be used for some boss fights, too. There are options to spice things up a little bit such as obstacles(The inactive stone blocks floating all over the place) or even monsters, both of which are accessible from control room at the top of all this. Additionally, if there would be any spectators, they can have a seat while being protected (from player attacks, at least) by a glass wall.

Alternate version here. (open)

DesertArenaCCESlightning+Bottom.png
    As you can see there is whole new area down there. That was made because of feedback by daleksax and Rhytech so thanks to them! Basically it consists of bedrooms for people involved in fights, mini restaurant without an employee and training hall in the lowest part of the building.

Time for an upgrade: Desert Arena II. (Completed)
    Pictures + Background information (open)

DesertArena2whole.png
    As the magic spread around the world from the depths of the dungeon, it attached itself to the ground, in this case it was sand. Since it is very easy to detach bits of sand from the rest, magic did it. It wanted to continue to anywhere but couldn't. Because of that the very ground got lifted up, forming these strange floating islands.
    Someone nearby found a way how to use them. The islands offered a lot of space and so, the second desert arena was born. It is still a mysery why magic is not moving anymore. Perhaps that is the place where it wants to be? Is there more, unseen magic around? Could be.
    Desert Arena Gunship (open)

DesertArenaGunship.png
    Safety measures...

The first dragon of this world: Evolution of The Corrupt Dragon! (Temporarily discontinued)
    Pictures + Background information (open)

First State (open)

CorruptDragonLight.png
    In the world of Eshearth, long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away there were dragons. Large creatures with scaly skin and leather wings, which would physically not be able to bear their weight while flying, yet they did. They were thought to be long gone from the face of Esearth but due to recent explorations done by chief sheep, the world saw the scales of these mighty beasts once again. It is just past the corrupted lands where this beast resides, deep in slumber, partly covered by dirt which already has trees growing on it. It's scales radiate in the same manner as blossoming deathweed does and it's horns appear to be made out of obsidian, requiring a powerful pick to dent. For how long has it been here, sleeping, is unknown... as is the fact when does this beast awaken.

Second State (open)

DragonAwakened.png
    Due an event happening in the world a long time ago - that being a powerful shockwave out of nowhere, the dragon has awakened! And it was not happy about that.

Third State
    Darkdragonplaced.png CorruptionDragonHeadWIP.png
    Fully awoken and ready to wreak havoc across the world.

My second Creation Compendium entry, Desert Tomb (Completed)
    Video (open)

Link: www.youtube.com/watch?v=tW2ta_ewprE
    EgyptCCPicture.png

(Wiring not shown. It would make you wonder how did I even come up with that)

Due to recent researches done in desert, this tomb has been uncovered. One person went inside and emerged with lots of treasure! There are traps, so always pay attention to your surroundings when inside... Also there are tunnels filled with sand that could lead to even more valuable things. Who knows?

The City of Explosheepus (Currently discontinued, will make reappearance soon *hint hint*)
    City Parts (open)

Castle - Completed (open)

First Version (open)

WhiteCastle.png
    The first sheep that arrived to this land were rather simple. Their future generations then evolved bigger brains and also realized that they need a leader and a base. They have explored plains, hills and valleys until they finally reached what they now call Snow Land. They experimented with snow they found there and found out that it does not allow corrupted, hallowed, normal, jungle or even mushroom seeds to grow in it. This proved to be the best protection against natural enemies. It was here where they built this castle, the home to Chief Sheep and his family.

Snowcastle.png
    The very place from which all the orders come. Standing on the peak of a hill above the Snow City of Explosheepus, this grand castle offers shelter for the Chief Sheep. Very few ordinary sheep ever visit the halls of this place and very few then proceed further. It has been created so that only the highest ranks can move around, having no stairs or ladders at all and a form of air travel is a must.

Guard towers (open)

WatchtowerExplosheepus.png
    Towers built for primary defense of the city, with strange unknown... creatures... on top. It is thought they can see far beyond hills and spot an enemy incoming from a long way, making the best sentry this world has to offer. Since these creatures are sesile and mute (apart from strange noises that no other creature makes), not much is known about them. They use some sort of telepathy to tell others of the incoming danger.

Heart of Eshearth (open)

HearthofEshearthBadqualitytexture.png
    While mining deep underground, the miners of Explosheepus found a gem. This gem was impossible to break, no matter what material they used. They have shown the gem to the royal mages and Chief Sheep himself. It was then found that this gem contains powers unimaginable to the minds of the explosive sheep. It has been then transported into the city of Explosheepus and safely sealed under the castle. The name Heart of Eshearth comes from the fact that it was found very deep and contains great powers and that the planet where explosive sheep live is called Eshearth.

Infirmary (open)

ExplosheepusHospital.png
    A place for the ill sheep

The Sheep Temple... Second version also being Heaven/Aether CC entry! (Completed)
    Pictures + Background Information (open)

1st version (open)

SheepTemple.png
    Up above clouds was seen this strange structure. Sheep explored it, built a statue of their leader at the entrance and now they use it for some special ocassions. I played around with different walls in this. Now this was purely coincidental but the pillars on the two sides of main building have kind of sheep faces on them... I guess? That's what they look like to me. I might be going crazy. So far my most favourite creation I made :D.

Sheeptempleupdated.png
    A temple has been found above the city of Explosheepus. It was empty at the time of it's discovery but soon enough the altar to highest deities of this world has been placed here, followed by a stone statue of Chief Sheep at the entrance.

Dryad's Tree. The old house of Dryad. (Completed) (Outdated version)
    Picture + Background Information (open)

TreeofTitans.png
    No one really knows how old this tree is. Seeing how large it is, surely it has seen this world change a lot. Many believe that its presence makes nature more prominent around it, seeing as it is in jungle. A Dryad, being which appeared suddenly when at least one of the most evil and powerful creatures was slain, made this tree her home and also allowed adventurers which come by to enter and explore. One of its roots leads all the way to underground jungle, a place where only more skilled adventurers dare to explore and loot what has been left there by ancient civilizations.

The Wizard's Tower now stands on the ashes and obsidian of what once was Space Dynamite.
    Pictures + Background Information (open)

Story before final version (open)

WizardTowerAloft.png
    The tower before the wizard exploded the clouds which kept him up there.
    Well, once the clouds were no longer, it began to fall.
    However before it could hit the rocks below, the wizard slowed it down to then summon in the rest of the tower!

WizardTowerBaseFullNight.png
    And here is the entire tower, at night.
    WizardTowerBaseFull.png
    And during day.

Once a tree, now a stump. However, The Dragon Spirit now stands on guard here.

SpiritOfTheJungle2.png
    Lore, as depicted by xland44 in his research of Eshearth history, slightly adjusted:
    Years ago, when Redigit created the universe, this world was among many. Unlike those other worlds, it started with two living creatures. A sapling and a dragon. The dragon was good with nature, and as a result, became a friend of the sapling. As the two grew, over millennia they had become good friends and had protected each other in times of need. This continued on for a long while. However, as time flew by, more and more different kinds of creatures, some of which were against the balance that was present, appeared on this world. The tree was attacked by another dragon. It had purple scales, huge wings, and a terrifying scream. Following it were armies of monsters of the corruption.
    The dragon of the tree knew that he was too powerful, so with his last bit of remaining strength, he managed to ward off the corruption dragon in a long sleep, and, knowing that his death is imminent, cast another spell that would allow him to continue protecting the tree, even after his demise. Should any harm come across the tree, his spirit shall emerge from the place of his defeat and take on a semi-corporeal form to defend what there is left of the tree. To this day, the bond of the tree and the dragon stands strong, and the dragon is forever bound to this world.
    For original version click here! (open)

Years ago, when Redigit created the universe, this world was among many. Unlike those other worlds, it started with two living creatures. A sapling, and a dragon. The dragon was good with nature, and as a result, became a friend of the sapling. As the two grew, over millennia they had become good friends and had protected eachother in times of need. This continued on, until the dragon died protecting the once-was sapling, who had grown into the biggest and oldest tree in the world. The tree was attacked by another dragon. It had purple scales, huge wings, and a terrifying scream. Following it were armies of monsters of the corruption. The dragon knew that he was overpowered, so with his last bit of remaining strength, he managed to ward off the dragon in a long sleep, and, knowing that he would die anyways, cast another spell that would allow him to continue protecting the tree: Should any hard come across the tree, his spirit shall be summoned. To this day, the bond of the tree and the dragon stands strong, and the dragon is forever bound to this world.

And some more recent history:
    After the crash of Space Dynamite, shockwave started to move across the entire land of Eshearth. Various places were protected against such destructive force, such as city of Explosheepus or even the area where Celebrations of Eshearth took place. However, the Dryad's tree was one of the places not protected by any sort of magical force. The shockwave hit the tree and it began to crack in the centre of its trunk. Few days after, the tree split in two halves. The top half started to fall, leaving only a wooden stump behind. Before the top half of the tree could hit the ground it dissolved into thin air, leaving nothing of it behind. That was not the end. Inside the stump, weird... magic appeared and started swirling up into the clouds. The magic took on shape of a reptile and materialized while some of it still appearing higher and higher. It then finally settled in a shape of a dragon's head. The body now also resembled some sort of dragon and so, the Spirit of Jungle came to be to protect Jungle from any harm that could show up in the future.
    Underground Tunnels (open)

UndertheTree.png
    Meanwhile, below the tree, away from all that was happening on the surface, monsters were hiding in the mighty roots of the tree. Adventurers often venture down here, however very few ever return. Monsters live in every corner here and once one of them thinks of you as possible dinner, there is no rescue

The third CC entry of this thread, for Bridges theme, behold: The Bridge of Two Towers. (Completed)

Twotowerbridge.png
    There was once a great lake filling up valley between two hills. It was rather hard to cross as the currents there were very strange and messed up with ships, often leading to tragedies. It took a long time until the ruler of this land, Chief Sheep, decided that a bridge should be built here. And so it happened. Seeing as it was rather important to have this bridge here, he decided that two towers should be built on each end of this bridge as to prevent attackers from destroying it. It also has glass floor in centre through which you can see strange lights down at the bottom of the lake.

A little house with a strange shape, Wizard's Apothecarium(Completed)(Nonexistant, Lore reasons)
    Picture + Background information (open)

Wizard'sHat.png
    Interested in a strange rift nearby, sheep royal wizard set up a little hut. Here he is testing different factors of the surrounding area and studies the rift. He is responsible for various magical things that are happening in this world.

The Tower of Spawning, where newcomers appear all of a sudden! (Completed)(Nonexistant, Lore reasons)
    Pictures+Background Information (open)

TowerCompleteFullshot.png
    People outside this world have found a way of entering it. As they appeared friendly, the Explosive Sheep built a structure on the spot where the outside people spawn the most. This is to serve those those that would previously appear in the middle of nowhere as a momentary shelter.

The Haunted House... bonus for Halloween? (Outdated)
    Picture+Background Information (open)

HauntedHouse.png
    As I was making my way towards the Desert Arena v2 build site I came across a place I never been to before, as if I somehow entered a different dimension or something. In this place there was one giant house and for some reason I felt that I just had to go and explore it. It took me a little longer than I expected because of... you can go and see for yourself.
    World Download: http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/explosivesheeps-creations.90115/page-5#post-1925196

Post-1.2 Builds
    A small house in the woods (Completed)
    2013-10-26_00001.jpg
    This build was simply meant to be something to try out the new wood blocks in 1.2 update.

The Butterfly shrine high up in the sky (Completed, part of below)
    ButterflyTempleWhole.jpg
    A temple high up in the sky which sports a gigantic colourful glass butterfly on top of it. Nobody is quite sure where this thing came from, or has it been here the entire time? Do the clouds around it hide more from our sights? Hint: Yes.

Cloud Sanctuary, the rest of the buildings of the cloud family. (Completed)
    105600_2014-07-29_00031.png

An evolved Yurassis Dragon, after the events of Devourer. (Completed)
    105600_2014-07-29_00030.png

Current projects:
    A break

World Shot (pre-1.2)
    Currently missing a suitable world, need to place in the old builds first.

That's it for now!

There are no pictures after the original post until THIS POST (click), I am sorry for that.
    To get to the post with first post-1.2 content, click here
    You can find the world download at the bottom of this post.

Attached Files:

Dire Sigma, Mickmane, Sable and 19 others like this.
  2. Sercease Herpling

Greetings, it's a pretty friendly community around here, haven't seen a troll or flame bait in ages. Just be respectful and courteous and you will make lots of friends here in no time. Welcome to the party!

Look forward to seeing what you can make, have fun, play nice, and enjoy! :D Lots of great artists around here to get inspiration or tips from, most (if not all) will answer any questions you have.

P.S. The mods don't like no pic threads here (creations area), might want to dig up a creation to edit into your main post till you get more done. Try to avoid double posts too, they are not a fan of those either. ;)
    ExplosiveSheep likes this.
  3. Thank you!

I kind of forgot that the thing wasn't finished when I wanted to go ahead and post it here :D oops. Well, it is now!:
    Novate, Stratzenblitz75 and Sercease like this.
  4. daleksax Fungo Fish

interesting wall design you are pulling off at the center, may I suggest to expand on it you could make a living corders below the arena, many of the roman coliseums had small, almost town like areas under them where the gladiators were forced to live and wait for their almost undeniable bloody deaths.

You would just want to put some caved in bedrooms, maybe a training area and a shop or place for the combatants to eat.
  5. Thanks for feedback. Well, about the bedrooms and stuff. I might make a version with them. At first I wanted some place where people just go and fight for the sake of... fun? I guess? Meh, I will see what I can do.
  6. Rhytech Bunny

If you are doing a PVP arena-type build, beds would be a good idea so that you have a spawning area for each side. Doesn't necessarily have to be a bedroom but would be nice to keep the battle going without having to run across a map.
  7. Eeeeeh, done?!
    Show Spoiler

[IMG]
    Well, I have added bedrooms, place for eating, training place(which might be a little bit dark, but it consists of a mannequin, heart, star and bird statues and an archery target at the center) Also there is now a music box under the arena floor for some more epic time.

Now I have a lot of sand.
    Stratzenblitz75 and Sercease like this.
  8. Sercease Herpling

Well if you turn it into glass bottles and bring a case over to my server I'll fill them with beer for you for free! Just this one time though, lol. (building a beer factory, among other things.) ;)

Build looks good, nice touch with the red and blue banners and beds. In fact good all around use of everything, lots of different blocks and walling and no bland spots. I'm with Daleksax on the walling middle piece, looks pretty neat.

I'm terrible with mechanics but I'm guessing it keeps dropping/spawning mobs and they plinko down? For some reason all my being wants to go bust open the floor under the Guide and drop him into the chaos. :rolleyes:
  9. What a great offer! I might aswell just do that with some of this sand. The rest shall be put into use in my future builds.

It does keep on dropping the monsters into arena, statues spawn them when they are given power. And as for the guide... I believe you meant this?

What a mess... will that guide end up being.
  10. Sercease Herpling

Hahahaha, another Guide falls victim to the idle hands of builders. Bad enough I make mine live in a shack but he gets killed far to often from dynamite and other random "I'm bored, lets kill the guide" type deals.
  11. I present you: The Corrupt Dragon!
    Show Spoiler
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    In this world of exploding sheep, long time ago, in a galaxy, far, far away there were dragons. Large creatures with scaly skin and leather wings, which would physically not be able to bear their weight while flying, yet they did. They were thought to be long gone from the face of earth but due to recent explorations done by chief sheep, the world saw the scales of these mighty beasts once again. It is just past the corrupted lands where this beast resides, deep in slumber, partly covered by dirt which already has trees growing on it. It's scales radiate in the same manner as blossoming deathweed does and it's horns appear to be made out of obsidian, requiring a powerful nightmare pick or better to dent. For how long has it been here, sleeping, is unknown... as is the fact when does this beast awaken.

Now, before you go:
    I have something to say! This whole thing was only meant to work as some sort of test, in which I have tested: My ability to make pixelated dragons, finding out more about simillary-coloured blocks and drawing dragons with TEdit Other than that, this was just a quick build I wanted to make because every builder's world needs a dragon sooner or later... right? Riiiight? No? Uhh, really? Oh, well, uhm, nevermind then... My world does need a dragon!

EDIT: Some grammar fixes. + On a second look, the horns look really weird.

EDIT2: Added colour lightning version + background information
    m31k and Sercease like this.
  12. Sercease Herpling

Not a bad dragon at all, don't beat yourself up so much :). Like you said, practice makes perfect. Pretty sure everyone of us sucked horribly when we first started. You learn as you go, what blocks there are, what color schemes work well together, how to work curves and illusions, etc.

We all hit the "I don't want to mine it anymore wall". It's fine at the beginning and doing small things but if you take to building, at some point the towel gets thrown. It's just to much time commitment to farm all the blocks required for bigger projects or if your building daily. I would rather invest my time in building and creating than farming blocks or duping liquids, I did that for long time, paid my dues, time to just build.

I concur, every world needs a dragon. ;) Been meaning to make one on mine for a while now.
  13. The 3rd thank you on this page incomes... Take cover! Quickly!

Thank you once again for support :).
    Blocks I know already, I think :). Colours I am testing on one thing, you will know more when the time comes. Curves will be implemented in that too! I sort of know how to make circles out of squares :p, so just making a quarter of it is not that much of a problem.
    Well, still some parts which I have to learn.

:D I will still try to farm some for smaller builds, I have another world for that just to not ruin this one's terrain(Which I have to ruin anyway at some points... Why would I just have to get 3 corruptions strategically placed in west, center and east?)
    Creation over destruction! Yaaay!

Goood... Will have to see how that goes(maybe even help? All depends on you, just offering my newb services)

Oh! Oh! Before I forget, edited my previous post to include colour-lightning version of dragon + information about dragon.
  14. Enzym Umbrella Slime

Indeed every world should have atleast one Dragon Guardian...
    And yeah if you wanna learn bout dragons Crater vs Valley have 2 of them....
  15. Lipton_dude Green Slime

im interested in this one... i will follow your world ... btw i love dragons so i need atleast 2 lol... so yeah practice makes perfect...
    and the Crater vs Valley has awsome things to look at.. just amazing...
  16. Sercease Herpling

Voxel Circles... best... tool... ever... (Link if you click on)

I'm pretty knee deep in the factory and guide renovation, won't be doing a dragon anytime soon. But see what happens in the future.
  17. Oh, yaay! Some more people posted here. That is amazing. To quoting I go! *inhales*

I have already seen that thread. I quite like them but I feel I would like to create my own stuff without referencing to other people's work :) thanks for help attemp anyway!

Welcome aboard(I guess?)! I have plans for at least two dragons, you just don't worry :), as for Crater vs Valley, I have seen it.

Nice stuff those circles, good to know I was doing them almost right :D. And yup, it doesn't have to be now or anything, future is good.

Ahh, now that I have that out of the way, it is time for some pictures! Yes! Multiple!
    1st picture (open)

Updated horns for the dragon, what do you think of these, which ones you like better?

2nd picture (open)

The desert I have is rather big. You wouldn't want to run out of water there.

Pheeeeew...

Oh yeah, not adding dragon into OP until he is finished 100%
  18. Lipton_dude Green Slime

dont like the horns sorry... :( i liked the prehorns beter...
    as for the sneak peek ... i dont know... a giant shower?? or a nice new house
  19. Sercease Herpling

I disagree, I like the new ones better. Did a good job on the curve for them and will probably mirror the curve of body in a full view shot which should make it more fluid. The old ones seemed... stiff.:rolleyes:
  20. There will be something done about that in the future.

Thank you! The body of dragon is basically unchanged since last time.