Favorite Type of Weapon

Discussion in 'PC' started by Shikari XI, Jan 31, 2013.

?

What is your favorite type of weapon?

1. Consumable Weapons

4.5%
  2. Explosives

4.5%
  3. Flails

9.1%
  4. Spears

4.5%
  5. Bows and Repeaters

9.1%
  6. Boomerangs

9.1%
  7. Guns

22.7%
  8. Magic Weapons

27.3%
  9. Melee Weapons

9.1%
  1. Shikari XI

Shikari XI Illuminant Slime

Ah, weapons. They have been around since the very beginning, since cavemen threw rocks at mammoths, all the way until now with our advanced weaponry and technology. There are guns, bows, knives, bombs, artillery, and everything in between. Terraria is no exception to this, with it's massive variety of weaponry available at the players fingertips. So, my question to you is, what is your favorite type of weapon in Terraria? Do you prefer sniping your enemies from afar with your favorite bow or repeater, or do you like getting up close and personal with your foes? As we know, all weapons have their advantages along with their disadvantages. The weaponry in Terraria is separated into 9 different groups, located here. So, please vote in the poll, and provide your feedback as to why you chose what you did. Below, I have my favorites to least favorite listed:

1. Guns
    2. Melee Weapons
    3. Flails
    4. Bows and Repeaters
    5. Spears
    6. Magic Weapons
    7. Consumable Weapons
    8. Boomerangs
    9. Explosives
    I choose guns because I find that I get great use out of them. I can take enemies down quick while taking minimal damage, and with different ammunition I can really make the weapon my own. I really love the clockwork assault rifle with crystal bullets, and I can always rely on my trusty shotgun. I put explosives at the bottom of the list because you really have no clue how many times I have killed myself with them.
    So there you have it, when you vote, remember to leave your reasoning for your choice, as I love to learn how people think!

rasputin likes this.
  2. ChaoticGamer

ChaoticGamer Cursed Skull

magic weapons r OP, just use full mage armor and drink some potions boost magic then your good to go as OP.

Note: Never face a mage in pvp in his stage.

3. Nigel

Nigel Doctor Bones

I like magic weapons for their spamability. Spray and pray, I think the saying is. Plus they are as close as you can get to an aoe weapon that actually works. Think cursed flames all over the place :D

4. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

Flails. Prior to getting the EasyButtonShark, Dao makes HM cake.

In NM, Sunfury pretty much beasts everything.

Then again, I'm also VERY partial to the DarkLance.....

5. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

IMO flails fall short in comparison to spears , simply due to the high uptime and hardness of manipulation for maximum damage output if you have low defense.
    Both weapons are projectiles , however you can point a spear at enemies at rapid speed much more easily then you can a flail...

6. Stackerzgame

Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

I've always liked bows. In any game.

7. Space Sphere

Space Sphere Fire Imp

Gungnir is my weapon of choice usually. Combined with MegaShark for ranged. (Damnit, my MegaShark name falls short of Loki's. Now it'll look like I ripped him off. I'd better delete that but leave this here for no real reason.)

8. Zaflis

Zaflis Bone Serpent

Swords that you can hold mousebutton down all time to swing. Knockback keeps everything away from you, some magical bullets get vaporized, and enemies fall brutally fast. I don't know any other weapon that'd be as reliable, although all this considered people might think sword is boring(-ly overpowered).
    - This comment has nothing to do with PvP or boss fights then.

turkish likes this.
  9. turkish

turkish Squirrel

For me, magic weapons are great as they provide different combat options and playstyles especially for bosses. For traversing caverns and similiar, I trust swords. Autoswing ones are a BLISS. I also like hardmode spears as they provide a unique way of combat. I like Dao Of Pow as well.

10. rasputin

rasputin Blazing Wheel

For me its always the spears and polearms in any game, unless viable boomerangs exist.