Finally!

Discussion in 'PC' started by AllanWidner, Feb 5, 2013.

1. AllanWidner Cursed Man

After exploring extensively hundreds of caves on half a dozen maps, getting three characters from beginning to pre-hardcore top stats and gear, I found a dreaded Explosive Trap. I had a torch in hand, looking, saw the trigger, and just as I changed to dirt blocks to start building a little bridge over, to make darn sure I would miss the trigger on the way down, a bat smacked me and down I went - onto the trigger.

I so hoped it would be a dart trap I hadn't seen yet - but no, it was explosives. Having never experienced the explosive trap before, I was - not prepared. Almost peed my pants. That's an impressive explosion.

Not even going to bother looking for the coins (probably almost 2 gold) I dropped. So glad I play easy mode, so that's all I lost.
  2. Delta 7x Green Slime

There are explosive traps in Terraria?

Aha, I never personally experienced this but I would love to now that I know they exist. Of course I always run over pressure plates not even noticing them so it probably will suck..
  3. The three C can save you from that kind of deaths: Caution, Coordination, Cobalt Shield.
    Star and Moon and NSwa like this.
  4. Gmodlol61 Lihzahrd

Oh son, please
    A worm dropped a whoopie cushion on me.
    nogloxiator likes this.
  5. Zaflis Lava Slime

I happened to die 3 times to explosive trap on 1 play session, just couple days ago. You never see them "coming"...
  6. Dragonized Illuminant Slime

Cool.
    Audax likes this.
  7. Voyager Crimera

Really the final challenge for me was finding explosives and digging them up, sure you can make them, but dug up ones are like trophies.
  8. Loki ISP Moderator

Please remember that one word posts are typically covered under lack of content.....so try and add more depth. If you like something, tell us why.....or vice versa! :)
  9. Dragonized Illuminant Slime

No problem.

10char
    Audax likes this.
  10. Elate Cursed Skull

Ha. I've had mobs set off EVERY explosive trap I've come across, and kill themselves before I even realized it was there. THE TERRARIA GODS SMILE UPON ME.
  11. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

Those explosives are rear,you have to be carefull and have a great pair of eyes :D.
  12. Sn3ky Slimed Zombie

never experienced an explosive trap in terraria myself yet. but now i know they are out there.

Full Paranoia ((on) off)
  13. Zaflis Lava Slime

It's hard to find them. You can't see wires where there is no light, and wire to explosive trap is short... cause the explosive is right under it. So you need to see the small gray stepplate on gray stone, in a dark cave.
  14. N1ckx2 Blazing Wheel

I've only found 2 explosive traps, and both of those times I died. Both of those times a mother/ red slime jumped on the pressure plate. -.-
  15. NyanTarts Illuminant Slime

I rarely die to one of those Explosive traps mainly because I always remove the pressure plates from traps before continuing on. You can tell if it's an explosive trap if you don't see a dart trap somewhere in the cave or a boulder on top of the pad.
  16. Konvick Slimed Zombie

1 wrong step and your body will be blown to bits. It scared the shit out of me when I first step on it. But I think I died more by boulders rather than explosive traps.
  17. jun the moon Squirrel

Fun to watch happen to a friend, I'll say.
  18. Spyder Z Hornet

Heh, I "Want" to see one of these now. I've managed to miss them so far. :confused:!