Flare Gun

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Matsu, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Matsu Voodoo Demon

The flare gun is a simple utility but it is infinitely useful. The way the flare gun would work is for the cost 2 Torches and a Glowstick you get a flare would launch from the gun giving off a lot of light. Now I know your probably thinking "Can't I just throw torches?" Well the benefit of the Flaregun is that it is as bright as an orb of light per shot, the flares also stick to walls if they hit one directly. The flare themselves would also emit smoke which could be used to mark certain things, now this wouldn't be very useful in SP but in MP the flares and their smoke would change color to correspond to the team you are on. Also thanks to status effects shown in the 1.0.6 Progress the flares would also have a chance to burn.

Idea by egosok: The flares themselves when not attached to an enemy stay lit for 40 seconds

Idea by Inferndragon: The flares would also stick to enemies and would do 5 Damage per second for 5 seconds, the flares would still emit light too!

Ammo Idea by: Percival and ScaryJello
    Wi§p, Deathgiver247 and egosok like this.
  2. egosok Dark Caster

Does the flare stay infinitely? if so it shouldn't maybe it stays for 40 seconds or something like that?
  3. Emiel[NL] Demon Eye

I like this but you can already mark something with blocks, torches and signs... so I don't think this will be implemented into the game..
  4. Percival Green Slime

Instead of mana, make it launch glow sticks as a sort of ammo. Then you could get them to go a whole lot further than your throw.
  5. ScaryJello Penguin

I dunno, mana doesn't seem fitting for a flare gun. I'd suggest using torches for ammo: You lose a permanent (unless hit by water/lava) light source, and gain a temporary but more versatile and projectile light.

Just my $0.02
  6. Matsu Voodoo Demon

I added a combination of your ideas to the OP
  7. Deathgiver247 Green Slime

nice idea, may i suggest the damage of the burn/ a direct impact?
    maybe 15-20 on impact and then the 5 damage a second for 5 seconds? a total of 40-50 damage a hit
    the gun would crafted of a space gun plus 30 hellstone and say 40 torches?
    uve earn my like :)
  8. Wi§p Cursed Skull

+1 from me, light is always useful!