Frost Key

Discussion in 'PC' started by milocricket, Oct 9, 2013.

1. milocricket Mouse

I had left my guy AFK for the entire night inside of a meteor farm in an artificial frost biome. I was also holding a water candle. I woke up only to see I had gotten 1 platinum and a KO cannon. Did I not get the frost key because it was an artificial biome?

Here's a pic

[IMG]
  2. W1K abused title

As long as you are sure there are at least 300 snow biome tiles around your meteor farm (which means trigering the snow biome spawns/music, then you should be alright with the spawn requirements. It's still 1/4000 tho, which statistically means 1 mob over 4000 will drop it, you can never know when you'll actually drop it or not.
  3. milocricket Mouse

I thought maybe the snow meant snow biome, but I guess not. there's no way I have 390 blocks there.
  4. Joe Dolca Blazing Wheel

Maybe it has to be underground?
  5. Quickbeam Bunny

Try doing this in underground ice cave, rock down some space with rocket launcher!
  6. claudekennilol Yellow Slime

Some amount of fall can fall if there are even just a couple snow bricks on the screen, so this is definitely not a good indicator if you're in a snow biome or not.
  7. W1K abused title

It's apparently not a snow biome. Rain is replaced by actual snow if you're in it and there's apparent rain in the screenshot.
  8. TankHunter678 Eskimo Zombie

Being above snow bricks causes snowfall to happen regardless of the biome, it only takes one snow block to do it.

Until you got enough that it changes the background and music it wont drop the key.