Get off his junk, please.

Discussion in 'PC' started by Dettbizzle, Feb 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dettbizzle Slush King

I will be the first to admit, I have defended Redigit in the past from the community. He's only a human being. A successful human being, but a human being nonetheless.

Today, while I was browsing the forums, I noticed that Redigit was currently on the forums. Having never seen him on, I said to myself, "Oh, that's neat."

I proceed to click on his username, and head to his profile to see what he's been saying about the update, only to find that about... everyone, and their mother's, is spamming his page on a regular basis with "ideas for the game."

Let's get one thing straight. Most of you have this ridiculous notion that your far-fetched idea is going to be considered for a future update...

*SPOILER ALERT*

It will not become an update for the game.

*END SPOILER*

Hell, most of the time, Redigit isn't going to give you the time of day on these ideas. You may be asking yourself, "Why, MyNameIsAdam, are you being so honest about this?"

It's simple. When I go to his profile, and find this...

*EXAMPLE*
    Klokinator
    New wandering friendly animal npc: Pig. Has a .0001% chance to drop rare item called Bacon. Bacon, when consumed, heals 400 HP, enables triple life regen, grants miner's helm glow to body (It's holy food after all in some countries), and can only be consumed once per character.
    30 minutes ago Report
    Like Comment
    1. Dark Wall Of Flesh likes this.
    2. [IMG]
      Klokinator
      Of course the triple life regend would only last a minute or two but you get the idea.
      30 minutes ago
    3. [IMG]
      Dark Wall Of Flesh
      Are you serious? Triple life Regeneration? Miner's Helm? Are you crazy? The bacon can't to that. It trasforms you into a God with infinite life and mana. Forever.
      4 minutes ago
    *END OF EXAMPLE*

There is a problem. First, Klokinator's idea is absolutely god awful, and poorly thought out. Second, the fact that ANYONE in the community thought to co-sign on this, (talking about you Dark Wall Of Flesh), just reinforces in my mind that this forum has no standards.

Guys, I know, you want YOUR ideas in the game, but let's face it, it's not going to happen. If you want it, just create a mod for it, and add it yourself, because Redigit isn't going to, just based off the sheer ridiculousness or stupidity of some of this crap.

TL;DR: Get of Redigit's package, and stop pitching dumbass ideas.
    Lord Carver likes this.
  2. I suppose all the name-calling is justified, after all, those guys put a gun to your head and forced you to read all that! Oh, the humanity, what a world and all that.... In short, get a new hobby, one that doesn't involve flaming other forumites for harmless (albeit naive and pointless) behavior. Here, take two chill pills and call me in the morning.
    Suika Ibuki and NSwa like this.
  3. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

I hope it's not true about redigit :oops:.
  4. Kelp Moderator

If at all possible, I think it would be best to avoid topics like these. Locking this. :(

It's true that you shouldn't expect your idea to be implemented... but you have complete freedom in your suggestions so go wild. I can't really speak for him (Redigit) either but I doubt that he finds suggestions like that bothersome - it could be the exact opposite, the community is excited and jolly rather than antagonistic.

Redigit is capable of looking after himself, no need for us to defend him if he hasn't complained :D.
    MantasX12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.