Give item? with c#

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Johncab, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Johncab Green Slime

not sure if this is the right section, but im trying to give a player an item inside of c# is there any way to do so with a MOD item?
  2. Wigglesniff Slimer

Could you be more specific?
  3. Johncab Green Slime

Im trying to give the player an item when he clicks a button in an interface, like if button pressed; give item to player script here;
  4. Wigglesniff Slimer

5. Johncab Green Slime

Yeah i used that tutorial, it doesnt say how to give new items though, it tells me how to clone an item in a slot, or delete the item in a slot, but not put a new item completely
  6. GallantJR Green Slime

But you can actually delete the copy of the item in the player inventory , and copy it in the other player ^^ You will need some multiplayer code tough
  7. Johncab Green Slime

i just want to give the player an item that he doesn't already have
  8. Empio Blazing Wheel

You could use Item.NewItem, and spawn it at the player's location. You can use Main.player[Main.myPlayer] to get the local player.
  9. GallantJR Green Slime

You are not clear .. Do you want to create a window trading system , or just want to add a selected item to your character ?
  10. Johncab Green Slime

i want to add an item, that he doesn't already have, and isn't referenced beforehand in the script to a player
  11. GallantJR Green Slime

12. GallantJR Green Slime

And if you want to add directly the item in the inventory :

Code:
    public static int GetInventoryFreeSlot(Player p)
    {
        for(int i = 0; i < p.inventory.Length; i++)
        {
            if (p.inventory[i].name == "" || p.inventory[i].name == " " || p.inventory[i].name == null)
                return i;
        }

return -1;
    }

public static void addItemToInventory(Player p, Item item)
    {
        int slotID = GetInventoryFreeSlot(p);
        if (slotID >= 0)
            p.inventory[slotID] = item;
    }