Glass walls

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by Cliff Hazard, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Cliff Hazard Squirrel

This is a simple idea, not sure why it wasn't implimented to begin with! Glass walls or perhaps windows. They keep monsters from spawning inside your house, AND you can see the time of day in the background. Current 'windows' look ugly, and are just holes in the wall! Which is fine for some structures, but not all.

Example, I'm building a potion growing/mushroom farm greenhouse and I don't want to fill it in with wall, glass wall would be perfect for this occasion. Looks nice, keeps the monsters out.
  2. Dominius2003 Green Slime

I think this has been suggested before, but I support it anyway. =)
  3. Darian Wulfbane Green Slime

I've always wanted glass walls, though I've always wondered if it was a bit of a troublesome idea. With a powerful hammer (since hammers are used to break glass) you could be trying to take out your glass and end up taking out walls as well on accident. It's not a huge deal, considering how easy sand is to get, but it's one of those little things that's bound to be complained about. Still, I support glass walls.
  4. Noras The Groom

5. Lazaro Lava Slime

Totally support, I wanted to make a post about it but anyway... I support it!
  6. Scarydragon Blazing Wheel

Total support from me. I found my way around the 'windows' (read: hole in the wall) to make them less ugly, but mobs still seem to climb through them anyways! :p
  7. Cliff Hazard Squirrel

I realised a bit late that there are multiple threads about this, so sorry about that. I didn't see any on the front page though.
    Lazaro likes this.
  8. Vapors Cursed Skull

Thats why you use the search function and support existing threads instead, but as always, I support, but they need to include Hellstone-, Ebonstone- and Obsidian Walls as well.
    Lazaro likes this.
  9. Lazaro Lava Slime

There is nothing wrong, I think...
  10. dageek Green Slime

We need this!
  11. Lazaro Lava Slime

I agree too!
  12. Scarydragon Blazing Wheel

And all of the ore walls while they're at it. Might as well go all out, I want a completely gold ore room, make it look like a gold cave!
  13. Cliff Hazard Squirrel

It would be interesting to see tinted windows also, and I"m going to do a mockup in this later today or tomorrow. Perhaps in GIMP.
  14. Khaotil Squirrel

Yes, yes, and yes again, I want Glass Walls!
    And tinted ones too, that would be neat :D
    Lazaro likes this.