Glitched Ocean Troubles

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cybermanz, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Cybermanz

Cybermanz Green Slime

So from what I have read around, Ocean draining is not a new or fascinating topic, but me and my friends have a server in which when messing around with our ocean we used 4 boxes of explosives and suddenly the ocean disappeared completely causing us to fall, when we went to investigate, it was in hell... All of it... But then just as soon as it flooded all of hell, it was gone and now we are left without an ocean we are slowly filling back up. I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else, if there is a cause, or if there was a faster way to fix it?
    -Thank you for any information provided

2. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Moderator Staff Member

Water evaporates in Hell. That's not a glitch, it's on purpose. Otherwise, it would be easy to get rid of all the lava there by simply flooding Hell and making obsidian.

More correctly: moving water evaporates in Hell. People have been able to release massive amounts of water into hell and some of it will remain. Or, they have used something like TEdit to make pools of water down there for aesthetic purposes. SOME people like living down there. RazorKnight

I'm not sure whether playing on a server had any impact on how easy it was to drain the ocean into Hell, but your result is what I would expect to happen. Have fun refilling your ocean. Using multiple pumps would make it go faster. http://wiki.terrariaonline.com/Guide:Making_Liquid#1.1_infinite_fluids_.28pumps.29