Goblin Army won't stop spawning?

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by Paulo JS, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Paulo JS

Paulo JS Green Slime

Hi!
    I'm playing in a Medium size map, with a full base already built. After a Goblin invasion, I defeated all of them and got the message saying it was defeated.
    However even after restarting Terraria, some goblins don't stop spawning on a particular part of the map. I've already tried defeating them but they keep spawning.
    Any clues about what's going on? I really wouldn't like to create a new world and rebuild my whole base.
    Thanks!!

2. Voyager

Voyager Face Monster

There will always be goblins spawning near the edges of the map.
    I am trying to lobby the developers to have a bossfight of something to stop them from invading and sending scouts.
    I cut through those things with my new light disks like a hot knife through butter, it's ridiculous.

3. Paulo JS

Paulo JS Green Slime

It's not happening near the edges of the map. It's close to the starting point, that's why it's very very strange.
    Thanks Voyager!

4. RainWanderer

RainWanderer Unicorn

1. Is the battle music still on? If not, it shouldn't be a matter.
    2. What are the goblins you found? If they are goblin scouts, you should be fine. Maybe you are just very lucky (unlucky?) to find a lot of goblin scouts at once.
    3. Try to summon another goblin invasion and defeat them again, then see if the problem still persist.

5. Paulo JS

Paulo JS Green Slime

1. Yes, it's on.
    2. All types, Warriors, Sorceres and Peons.
    3. I'll try that one.
    Thanks Rain!!

Edit: Dunno how it was solved but I tried to summon them, nothing happened. I killed the remaining goblins and they are all gone.
    Thanks alot for all the help.

6. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

In my observation, the message appears when the last required goblin SPAWNS, not necessarily when it is killed. I'd say 75% of the time, I get the message when I can actually still see active goblins running around. So....what you likely had was "mop up duty" to complete. ;)

7. Shaun

Shaun Dark Caster

Paulo, you happen to be playing on multiplayer? Because there is an endless invasion feature on Tshock, that might be left in the on position.

8. Paulo JS

Paulo JS Green Slime

No Shaun, never tried it.
    Almost 100% sure that what happened has been described by Loki and while the invasion was happening I left the game. So i'm sure that some goblins stayed alive and I forgot about them.

9. Shaun

Shaun Dark Caster

Logging out should kill any remaining mobs left on the map.
    Have you been able to try summoning a new goblin army via the battle standard?

10. iNfiniTe Se7eNz

iNfiniTe Se7eNz Official Terraria Online Post Whore

I have noticed this happening consistently. This is most likely what happened.

11. Loki ISP

Just checked wiki for confirmation.....what I described is denoted there as well....the message comes with the last spawn, not the last kill.

I can only imagine quitting mid-invasion is different than normal mobs....I've never tried it....

12. iNfiniTe Se7eNz

I have done this many times. It often leads to glitchyness in the spawning system...

13. Loki ISP

I know it can also monkey with WoF....since that is supposed to be a fight to the finish....quitting screws up the logic.

14. iNfiniTe Se7eNz

Huh, never tried that before... don't bosses despawn upon quitting?

15. Loki ISP

WoF is different....to a point....in that doing this can trigger a bug where he will not spawn again (even if guide is alive, etc.)...you have to completely quit out of the game to clear it. I've never done this.....but was complained about to me in a different forum....wiki has a bug entry on it.