Guide died and won't respawn + other NPCs wont spawn

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by Nukesforbreakfast, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Nukesforbreakfast Green Slime

I tried searching around on the forums here and the official wiki and I believe I've done everything those said to do. What happened is our guide fell into a hole and got killed in the night by zombies. We were still building our castle house so it took a few day/night cycles before we had livable rooms for him to be re-spawned. It has been at least 10 or more day/night cycles now and the guide has not respawned which I believe is why no other NPCs are moving in. Below is a picture of the rooms/houses. I've tried to follow all the guide lines the wiki laid out for houses/rooms and I was able to build rooms like this before and have NPCs come live in them. Terraria is updated to the latest version and I am running windows 7 professional 64 bit.
    Terraria 2011-07-31 16-44-42-79.jpg

Thank's in advance for the help!
  2. ThatAmazingPerson Bone Serpent

The only problem I see is your doors, there has to be a block on both sides of it for NPCs to move in. (I think.)
    If that doesn't work, try changing the stone to stone brick.

Hoped I helped ^_^
  3. Nukesforbreakfast Green Slime

Well the guide finally respawned a few minutes after I posted but no other NPC's moved in. I just added bricks in front of the doors to see if they move in that way.
  4. Rydian Blood Crawler

NPCs don't move in at any time of day, it seems the check/trigger is done some time in the morning.