Pre 1.2 Guide: Getting Multiplayer Working 1.0.3

Discussion in 'Guides' started by T3G Silas, Jun 4, 2011.

1. T3G Silas

T3G Silas Green Slime

(This is essential and also works for 1.0.4)
    I'm sure everyone here has read this thread highlighting a very important step in the Terraria multiplayer experience: ADDING AN EXCEPTION TO WINDOWS FIREWALL.

When you run Host and Play you are still using the terrariaserver.exe
    This is why you MUST do this step!(Image thanks to Trunus)
    [​IMG]

To fix the problem I'm starting off at this step:
    [​IMG]

1. Click Allow another program...

[​IMG]

2. Where it says Path: Click browse.

[​IMG]

3. Navigate to your Terraria installation folder: Program Files\Steam\Steamapps\Common\Terraria

[​IMG]

Click on 'Terrariaserver.exe' press open.
    Then press add.

And enjoy :)

Vininator, Foxx64, ioioi210 and 4 others like this.
  2. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

OMG thank you so much!

3. Shaddie

Shaddie Green Slime

having a problem with this, my terrariaserver.exe wants to show up as Terraria with a different icon on the windows firewall.. the name is terrariaserver, but the description is terraria, is there a way to fix this cause i cant put it in the firewall unless i change the description or something somehow

4. Vininator

Vininator Green Slime

Same problem here...

5. Shaddie

Shaddie Green Slime

sent him a message still waiting on reply...

6. T3G Silas

T3G Silas Green Slime

Do you mind taking a screenshot?

The terrariaserver.exe will indeed show up in your windows exceptions as just 'Terraria'

7. Shaddie

Shaddie Green Slime

it cant show up in the exception list as terraria, cause there is already the terraria game there.... that is what my firewall is telling me,
    am i supposed to remove the other terraria and put only the terrariaserver.exe in there?

8. T3G Silas

T3G Silas Green Slime

Go ahead and try hosting without adding an exception for terraria.exe, remove it and add terrariaserver.exe instead(Technically it shouldn't effect anything, as terrariaserver.exe is hosting, and not terraria.exe.)

9. HuntForWaffles

HuntForWaffles Green Slime

Accidently clicked terraria instead of terraria server....

10. TsurugiKen

TsurugiKen Cursed Man

11. Mr.Person

Mr.Person Moth

Oh my god... Do you actually have a legit version of Terraria? 1.1.2? Or XNA? Try looking into those stuff BEFORE you go ahead and post on a thread that was last active 1 year and a month ago...

Dark Fire Wolf likes this.
  12. Blue Lit

Blue Lit Spore Zombie

it's impossible... it takes a normal amount of Common Sense to do it, which most of them don't have... :l

Mr.Person likes this.
  13. RiseOfTheWolf

RiseOfTheWolf Green Slime

Stackerzgame and Dark Fire Wolf like this.
  14. Mr.Person

Mr.Person Moth

True... True.

15. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

A few things.

One. There is no necro rule.

Two. Report and carry on.

Three. Since I haven't yet pointed it out to a couple of you....failing to report and carry on while choosing instead to make derogatory posts about the person necroing is going to net you an LoC moving forward. I'm not going to give verbals on this much longer.

Understand that your multiple posts decrying the first poster only contribute to the problem.

@Tsurugi: all that said, it is good practice to check the date stamps in a given thread - if for no other reason than to give yourself the best odds of getting an answer. For your issue, I'd suggest you post a thread of your own in the tech support section. Good luck sorting your server issues out.

Cheers!

16. TsurugiKen

TsurugiKen Cursed Man

Oh sorry, that was my essay. Anyways, Really? I rechecked the link and the message is posted quite clearly o-o

17. W1K

W1K Spambot

Does it happens while hosting a server or while running Terraria in general?

Make sure you have Framework 4.0 and XNA Framework 4.0 installed.

18. TsurugiKen

TsurugiKen Cursed Man

It always happens when i host a multiplayer game. :/ My single player games are unaffected by this. Of course, i want to show off my world to my friends but because of this problem i can't. XD Oh, and yes, i have both of those installed.

19. W1K

W1K Spambot

You're using the in-game host & play I guess? I would suggest to use the dedicated server.

20. TsurugiKen

TsurugiKen Cursed Man

Noob Question: Uhm.. What's that and where do i get it?