Guide won't respawn.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports Archive' started by RamenForSale, Dec 6, 2011.

1. RamenForSale Green Slime

Accidentally fell into a pit while fighting the Wall Of Flesh and now the Guide won't respawn. I can't summon the WOF anymore, has anybody else this happen?
  2. Narbs Demon Eye

Yes to me, been playing for about 6-7 hours in real life time and no respawn of Guide, merchant or nurse. PLEASE release a hotfix Blue.
  3. HUlk Aji Piranha

there are a few things i can tell you to do:

first-
    try verfying your game cache via steam

second-
    if the above dont work, try changin to multiplayer, host your own world and join it

third-
    try searching for the goblin army, there is a known bug where the goblin army message wont show up, and this will block guide and/or wof respawn, u might need to search and destroy the little pricks

post here again if none of this works
    Novate and RamenForSale like this.
  4. RamenForSale Green Slime

Searched for the Goblin Army, found them and defeated them. The Guide finally respawned :D Thanks for the help!
  5. HUlk Aji Piranha

oh nice!

enjoy ur gaming
  6. xMrGreen Green Slime

does activating a king statue help spawn the guide?
  7. thelordkhon Green Slime

is there a house aviable for the guide?
  8. Jaxiu Cursed Man

I had a problem with spawning NPCs when corruption moved too close to my base. Removing the corruption helped.
  9. Narbs Demon Eye

No, it doesn't I tried that when I had the problem and fixed it with Goblin Army.
  10. Rennac Green Slime

Try making sure the door to the house the guide lives in is closed. Apparently, having doors open makes housing unsuitable.