Happy Birthday Terraria!

Discussion in 'PC' started by Kool-Aid, Apr 30, 2012.

?

What will you be doing on terraria, may 16th? (Leave answer in comments if it's not on)

Poll closed May 17, 2012.
Playing on you're favorite server 42 vote(s) 55.3%
Creating art/a building 45 vote(s) 59.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Kool-Aid Slimed Zombie

I'm truly sorry to everyone about not being able to have a server up as my computer was getting maintenance the last few week
    As we all know May 16th, the day terraria debuted on steam is undoubtedly approaching rapidly. I would like to create and dedicate this thread to the developers of terraria, the loyal players since the release(myself being one) and everyone who has supported the game.

I'd like to ask a few questions?
    What are your favorite memories of terraria? (Mine being playing it all summer long with friends)
    What are you hoping for in future update? (Imo a more balanced game with no so many op weapons)
    How long have you been playing/a fan? (I've been a fan since redigits first let's play episode)

(This thread is not very large, and I will be expanding as May 16th approaches)

(EDIT: Sorry about the poll not being more questions, I had accidentally pressed enter on my keyboard before I could input more answers.)
    masterlugia, Relzii, Kelp and 3 others like this.
  2. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

I've not play'd it from the begining, but surely i'll make something nice for its birthday :3 (probably some sort of mod)
    Kool-Aid and EpicXeno like this.
  3. Gregorius Slimed Zombie

Wait, wait, wait... Terraria's birthday is on May 16th? That means Terraria and I share a birthday!

Oh, what fun I'll have—I'll create a custom multi-player server and generate a bunch of blocks and make a pixelated birthday cake that you can see from space and invite all sorts of famous celebrities like Pierce Brosnan, Tori Spelling, Megan Fox, David Boreanaz and zombie Liberace and we'll have all sorts of birthday shenanigans!

...yeah, I wish. I'll just play the same way as I always do: forever alone.
  4. daaseemas Dark Caster

I will attempt all day to beat all the bosses. May be fun :)
    EpicXeno likes this.
  5. SuperChobot Corruptor

My favorite memory of Terraria is probably on my first night where I had to close myself up in a little mountainside shack and open the door every once in a while to kill some zombies. That was so exhilarating. Oh, and a close second is when I logged off not knowing that you appear at spawn when you log back in. Good times...For #2, if Redigit were continuing the game I'd hope for some balancing and more content in general. Better AI, more gamemodes, etc. I've been a fan since I realized Terraria wasn't a Minecraft ripoff (around when I saw Redigits first let's play video, which was a while after the Yogscast first uploaded their video on Terraria, which was when I thought it was a Minecraft ripoff). I got the game in mid/late 1.0.5. I'll probably make a Portal-style cake on May 16th (as I hadn't even realized, nor known the day of Terraria's Steam debut was coming up). I'll also probably put a sign hanging off the cake saying "This cake, thankfully, wasn't a lie :) Happy Birthday Terraria! 5/16/2012". Actually I'm probably gonna start getting materials for that soon.
    Darn it I been ninja'd. Oh well.
    PinkeShy likes this.
  6. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

To celebrate I punched Terraria once for each year it's been alive. One whole punch!
  7. Gregorius Slimed Zombie

If you wanna do it, go right ahead. You'd probably do a better job than I would anyhow...

...I could always try to bone up on my art and draw some sort of Terraria fan-art with all the NPCs and a cake.
  8. Mathgeek Green Slime

DAMMIT.

THREE people thought of the cake idea. D:<

CURSES.
  9. I'll probably just sit, stare at my screen as a mash buttons for hours on end until a masterpiece has been created via Terraria.
    It'll probably be a Cupcake.
    A large one.
    -
    My Favourite memories in Terraria were of all those good days on R.O.T (Rest in Peace, old friend.) server!
    I'm hoping for any update whatsoever!
    I've been playing for at least 600 hours! (excluding mods, etc)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ("release day, idiot". "shut-up!") TERRARIA! (when it is your B-day)
  10. ReznorRage Slimer

So young, yet already gone. It's a shame a game this good couldn't experience a long life. To answer your question, I'll probably just start another new playthrough. Maybe I'll do a ranged only run or something like that.
    Kool-Aid likes this.
  11. Novate Bone Serpent

Interestingly my countries steam states released may17th
    release.jpg

Anyway I'll probably at least be doing the same thing I do every day, checking the forums again.
  12. ReznorRage Slimer

83/100? That's bull.
  13. Gmodlol61 Spore Zombie

I'll be doing a boss run, grabbing a bunch of snacks, and from boss to boss I get to rest a little by celebrating with the forum :D
    Kool-Aid likes this.
  14. Kool-Aid Slimed Zombie

You are probably in a different country, so it probably was released at different time(maybe because of timezone? I'm not sure.)
  15. Novate Bone Serpent

Oh I know I'm in a different country; Here's where time begins.
  16. GameRoom Eskimo Zombie

Maybe we should have some sort of livestreamed tournament. Pvp, speedruns, challenge runs, etc.
    Mr.Person likes this.
  17. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

Let's organize the "Terraria Week" then. Lulz.
  18. Jamesw40k Green Slime

Just realise with Reds promised bugfix and Terraria being released a year ago, could this be a sign we have been waiting for?
  19. TheStereo84 Herpling

I hope that there might be a new update. Maybe something after hardomode too. But this would also mean even OPer weps.:(
  20. Par4d0x Dark Caster

I really don't know. I might be making a special Terraria video on my YT channel, but what to do I don't know.