Help, Cant start terraria... :/

Discussion in 'In-Game Support Archive' started by Heimo, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Heimo

Heimo Green Slime

when i try to start terraria it come upi Prepearing to launh terraria (as usually) But then it start to extract som files

- Performing first time setup installing microsoft .NET framework (step 1 of 2)

And after that it just closes down and when i try to start it, it do the same thing over and over again... :(

i have tried like 8 times now and its always the same, i would appriciete (spelling?) some help! :)

2. Evilledz

Evilledz Green Slime

I have exactly the same problem. I've tried reinstalling everything but it still doesn't work =/

3. tdbnasc3

tdbnasc3 Green Slime

Try opening it from the source (steamapps)

4. Evilledz

Evilledz Green Slime

Sorry, how do you do that?

5. Heimo

Heimo Green Slime

for me it says "to run this application, you first must install one of the following versions of the .NET framwork: v4.0.30319

6. Evilledz

Evilledz Green Slime

For me it says (when I click play): 'Do you want this program to make changes to this computer?'
    When I click 'yes' It says: Installing Microsoft.NET Framework (step 1 of 2)
    It gets about a tenth of the way through the installation and says: 'Preparing to install' and then disappears. Then when I click on play again it does the whole thing again.

7. tdbnasc3

tdbnasc3 Green Slime

Try updating your .NET framework

8. tdbnasc3

tdbnasc3 Green Slime

Do you have a windows vista/7? Sometimes if you don't run files as an administrator these sort of problems can happen.

9. Evilledz

Evilledz Green Slime

I run Windows 7. Not sure if I'm an administrator =/

10. tdbnasc3

tdbnasc3 Green Slime

Right click the terraria.exe inside your steam folder and choose the option "Run as administrator"

11. Evilledz

Evilledz Green Slime

Okay, I've tried that and it says I have to get a specific type of .NET Framework

12. tdbnasc3

tdbnasc3 Green Slime

Then you might want to try updating you're .NET framework as well.

Tarzan likes this.
  13. tdbnasc3

tdbnasc3 Green Slime

14. Evilledz

Evilledz Green Slime

Ok, I tried that and it says that 'Installation did not succeed.' It did the exact same thing as when I tried to play Terraria through steam.