hey guys would love to have some feed back on this idea so please :)

Discussion in 'Server Archive' started by Hex server, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Hex server Slimed Zombie

Hey, I've been running a server for about two years now, and I want to make the server something...special. My plan is to set the theme to PvP Gladiator type map/world, but still keep some of the basic building qualities of Terraria. Spaces for houses, hangouts, etc. There will be team. I will pick trusted member to make clans. Other players will join those clans, and fight against other clans. As clans progress to the top of the charts, they will gain better armor; better wepons; more morale. Everyone that joins the server will begin in "Gule" rank. The Gule wont be treated as >actual< slaves. If the Gule do not want to fight, then they will be put to work in mines. They will collect for the gladiators and Clan Leaders. They will rank up if they show their worth in the mines. If a Gule refuses to do either, he/she will be sent to jail and disabled. The server will be role-playing server. This is only a test. I'd love some intellectual feedback. Please comment. I don't want any nooby ass answers. Thank you.

<Edit i have changed the name (Slave) to (Gule) as i dont want to up set any one i hope this is better and that you are happy with the change>
  2. Shock Horror Dark Caster

Too long; no grammar; didn't read.
    XoGenius likes this.
  3. Hex server Slimed Zombie

Hi I have tried my best to make it have more sense let me know if this ok.
  4. razer9able Green Slime

Um hex i think the owner ship of someone is basacally like the slavary of afracan-americans (besides the no rudeness and set free at high enough rank part). probally gonna end in cival war but i like the fighting for ranks part. :)
  5. aragonek Demon Eye

seem's like a good idea just let me know when i get my personal slave's.
  6. razer9able Green Slime

dude SLAVERY IS WRONG
  7. Anna<3 Angel Statue

Wasn't sure it was a good idea either, but at the same time it sounds good. The whole...slave thing....its kinda overrated. It would be fun all the way up until "Civil War: Terraria Style".
  8. Hex server Slimed Zombie

lol if you guys want the tv series Spartacus its based on that
  9. Sgt. Bob Hell Bat

It sounds like a really interesting idea. The only problem would be getting everyone to listen to the rules unless it is played by a group of friends, but you would need a lot of friends that play Terraria...

To everyone saying "Ahh slavery is wrong!!!" It's a game, does it really matter? Also, no this wouldn't end in a Civil war and if it did it would only last a day or 2 (Terrarian Time).
    Hex server likes this.
  10. aragonek Demon Eye

Hahaha trying to teach me about good and bad, it's like trying to teach a mute to speak. It ain't gonna happen.
  11. Hex server Slimed Zombie

yep that the hard part but i could give them the option to play as normel
  12. Wolfey Cursed Man

I like it. Are you planning to start a server like this or....?
  13. KLouD KoNNeCteD Floaty Gross

You don't have much of an attention span do you. On topic I think this would be a great idea if you can get it to work. I've been getting back into Terraria recently and would love to be apart of this if you get it up and running.
  14. Hex server Slimed Zombie

yep im building the coliseum wright now but i got to do a lot with t shock and the groups and stuff but i really want is cool rank names and ideas :)

Aww cool what are you good at i lack a with grammar and spelling as im dyslexic but i do try im building the coliseum at the moment but yes if it works then brill :)
  15. Shock Horror Dark Caster

So is your mum.
    I was simply illustrating a point. I don't mean to cause deterrence but I simply could not comprehend the wall of text displayed on my screen.
    Ronnyses :3 likes this.
  16. Sounds pretty good :)
    Also I have to say something on the whole "slave" rank. I guess people applying for the server (if there will be application) would care most of the time so if a server is about fighting then that is what they are applying for. If someone was just derping(non-rp acting on rp server) around on the server then a simple warning, kick and ban should solve it, then again it should be said what classifies as derping on such roleplaying server and having chars unable to rp on rp server is too bad idea - jail, etc., would have to have all sorts of ways how to dodge it. I could say more on that subject but I hope you understand.

And if you want, I can possibly help with building sometimes.
  17. Hex server Slimed Zombie

Brill this is what I want some helpful advise lol well I totally understand where you are coming from I have-not as such sorted the ranks I had to ban all 603 items lol so this will work but on my last server I had the basic land then a copy of the land in the sky and players loved to build three more than on the mainland I have some really good trusted admin and web site Devs that are amazing at what they do plus building but I'm always happy to see what players can do I have never done some thing like this be for so it mite be a bit buggy at first

Hey dude I understand its fine no offense taken but please try to keep this nice and not abusive ok guys :)
  18. KLouD KoNNeCteD Floaty Gross

lol the attention span jab wasn't aimed at you, sorry for the confusion! PM me the server and I'll help with what I can. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while now.
  19. I am sorry but I am not quite sure what do you mean - about the ranks and builds.
  20. Loki ISP Moderator

Watch the double posting, hex.

Others try to keep it clean and on topic.

As for the "slave" thing, what you might consider is an alternative that gets at your idea without the unnecessary drama of the term "slave"...like call them serfs or something. Essentially, you work for/live on the land of another with the chance to work your way up. You are not the property on anyone...but you enter an agreement to do as told for living/a portion of the proceeds/etc. Various socio-economic castes flow from there.

Research feudal systems.

It seems like this is what you are trying to set up.

Is this intended to be a specific server? If so, I need to move this to that section.

Cheers!