How do you prevent hardmode corruption?

Discussion in 'PC' started by RtMbot, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RtMbot Green Slime

Ever since I got into hardmode, this has been my number one pet peeve with Terraria. I haven't been able to get much work done in my world because so much is corrupt. This is also the reason why I've started playing Terraria less, because I can barely go out exploring anymore, and my main mine is also corrupted, which means that I have a hard time going out looking for the hardmode ores.

Anyways, I made this thread to find out a reliable way of stopping corruption, so your answers would be appreciated.

P.S: The solution that I keep hearing is: "Oh, you just take holy water and spread Hallow everywhere." Yes, I know that Hallow is easier to cope with than corruption, but the problem is that Hallow also spreads. What I want is to figure out how to stop the corruption without giving myself another thing to worry about. I don't want to completely get rid of it, because I know I'll need it. I just want to keep the main part of my world neutral.

Edit: I don't want any 3rd party programs.
  2. Pentarctagon Green Slime

Tedit. Or if you want to do it legit, lots and lots of dynamite.
    PatRox7459 and Stephano like this.
  3. RtMbot Green Slime

The problem with this is not only do I destroy a ton of... everything, and make my world look like a mess, but that the corruption will still come back.
  4. Pentarctagon Green Slime

The corruption can't come back from nothing. Also Tedit doesn't destroy stuff.
  5. Dark_Reaper115 Eskimo Zombie

Not going into hard mode xD

It's the easiest way.
  6. Mr.Person Moth

I don't really know how to get rid of it. But I know how to stop it. It works for both Corruption and Hallow and I use it to seal off my house from that shiiiet... Sunflowers & Wood, aloooot of wood.
  7. RtMbot Green Slime

I've heard that wood can stop it from spreading, but not sunflowers. Sunflowers stop working after hardmode.
  8. Mr.Person Moth

Yea, but I have them behind the wood aswell. So I wasnt sure ;)
  9. Morias Green Slime

I made intersections about 8 or so towers connecting a sky bridge to a 500ft below sea level mega tunnel, out of all those only 2 remain unaffected by either hallow or corruption. The intersection around my home caught both sides so i had to go and clear it out purifying (thankfully a small area) the lot. I was also lucky in that the hallow spread to my jungle and not the corruption.

Problem is there is not much you can do after it all starts, i scrapped my last world and moved to a new one and it took a long time to prepare the whole lot for the "Hardmode" change.

Best bet look at a map viewer (Terrafirma) see where the hallow and corruption is, if your lucky you maybe able to wall the lot off and stop it from spreading (remember to leave at least a 3 block gap though and it has to have a wall tile that doesn't get effected such as wood).
  10. epiclinkfan101 Green Slime

Although Hallow spreads, yes, it does not spread through already corrupted blocks. Meaning that your corruption is safe from your hallow unless you directly apply hallow-spreading items.
  11. Raccoon Sam Dark Caster

TEdit - Morph Tool - Forest - Paint over Corruption.

That's why I have stone Corrupt Chasms now :p.
  12. SasukeGR Yellow Slime

kinda off topic:i wish there was a corrupted core and halloweed core u could destroy to stop it
    on topic:i think silt can stop it and purification powder helps a lot its hard work though it will take a lot of time thats how i did it after 2 weeks of silt walls and purification powder
  13. mattavich Green Slime

The fairy girl tells us how much of the world is corrupted and we have more work to do. Are we supposed to get rid of it all?
  14. Burnscars Fire Bad

I want to say the same thing everyone else is saying by advocating Tedit. Download it, learn it, love it.

If you want to do the tedious, but challenging and rewarding effort of doing all things within the game, then remember to space out areas as others have prescribed (minimum 3 blocks wide) by setting wood or otherwise using blocks that won't change as buffers.

Use purification powder on corruption and vile powder on hallowed ground, and set up buffer walls around areas you want to protect. Make sure your walls extend to underground to fully encapsulate your property because corruption can sneak up from underneath you.

You may want to get holy grenades and vile powder, this way you can turn the corruption into a more manageable biome for vile-powdering later, or you can enjoy the steady supply of fairy dust and crystals. Make more greater healing potions by inviting hallowed ground.

Also, elevating an area can isolate it from biomes that spread.

I hope to have helped.
  15. Vapors Cursed Skull

Use Tedit to move your base to a new world/Make a new world, kill wall of flesh and search for ore on that world without giving a damn if it becomes pure corruption
  16. RtMbot Green Slime

Getting rid of all the corruption in your world is not only incredibly time-consuming, but also a bad idea, since there are many items dropped by corrupt monsters that you will need for crafting. You do want corruption in your world, but you want to at least be in control of it, and you don't want too much of it that it becomes a problem. Same with Hallow.
  17. Burnscars Fire Bad

Just remember, even a corruption free, pre-WoF world will become grossly corrupt once the WoF dies. Otherwise, would it be worthy of being called Hard Mode?
  18. daaseemas Dark Caster

What I did first was make my home a hollow with holy water. But I decided changing my biome the a snow biome is safer basically make your home area snow biome by getting snow blocks and it can't be corrupted and is like a jungle and place hollow around your man made snoe biome. Thisis like a double protections plus I find corruption monsters more dangerous than hollow ones.
  19. KittehninjaDZ Dark Caster

At the moment, the most you can do is use the useless stuff we were given in 1.1 to fight off corruption and hallow: holy/ corrupt water. Or use the other tedious way: build a 3 block wide trench around a part of the world that you want safe/the corruption/ hallow itself. Then fill it in with blocks that cannot be hallowed or corrupted.
  20. Gaijin Green Slime

TEdit and use 3x3 bricks to wall it all in.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.