How many blocks in a Terraria world?

Discussion in 'Console' started by Leinfors, Apr 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leinfors

Leinfors Black Recluse

I'm curious if anyone ever looked at this information, but is there any sort of vague range of how many blocks (not including water, lava, air) are in a Terraria world, especially a small one? I ask only because I am working a Hallowed world, and I'm curious to know how much of a difference my carving out of un-Hallowable blocks counts for. For instance, when I carve out 50,000 blocks of mud, is that 00.5% of a world? 00.1%?

I'm pretty committed to finishing this achievement (at least this one, can't say the same for Corruptible as well) by myself, but I'd like to be able to estimate how many more blocks I'd need to remove to finish. For every 10% of blocks I carve out, it increases my Hallow% by about 10 percent of itself comparitively (30% Hallow would become 33%ish), so I know I need a bit more than 25% of an entire world's worth to get my Hallow from 39% to 51%. And thats a heck of a lot of blocks, that much I know.

2. TehDarkNoob

TehDarkNoob Flying Fish

I would assume around 500000000 squared.

3. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Moderator Staff Member

4. BurlCato

BurlCato Mouse

The TO wiki has indeed kept me from asking many a dumb question. But I figured trying to figure out exactly how many blocks make up each world size was a little beyond even the wiki's general crafting/walkthroughs & guides scope of knoledge. I stand corrected. I guess it really can answer anything about the game. Except for what the purpose of the bathtub is if you can't even wash yourself.

5. Tunnel King

Of course, that's dimensions of the map(s), the actual number of solid blocks would be less.

If you're making a map for the PC game, there are far easier ways to do this than by hand, in-game.

6. BurlCato

BurlCato Mouse

Ahhh, I thought we were talking about actual workable, moveable, digable, blocks. Makes more sense now. See? This is why I don't answer people's questions;)

7. Leinfors

Leinfors Black Recluse

Yeah, the wiki can only give me a vague estimate, since air blocks aren't counting. I could make a guess on total "sky" area, but that doesn't account for caves and the vast air pocket in the Underworld.

8. Douwe-lol

Douwe-lol Cursed Man

image.jpg

I think it is just this size!??

And ive u got air area, you just do that high level + air level

that means that a small world is 6594000 blocks...

9. NightFire

NightFire Cave Bat

has anyone checked the leaderboard for the ios most blocks mined? i call that HAX each and every single person has over 9 million blocks mined and they all have the same number :/ just saying XD

10. Douwe-lol

Douwe-lol Cursed Man

Thats probarly a cheat because ive you look at the most enemies killed you se the same amount as blocks mined ;)

11. Tunnel King

Requesting thread lock, since this was unnecessarily necro'd and it's getting off-topic.

Is it really surprising to people that the leaderboards are hacked? Every game I play on my iPod is that way.

blumchen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.