How many of you have gotten Hallowed gear legitimately?

Discussion in 'PC' started by HallowKnight, Dec 17, 2012.

?

Have you gotten Hallowed gear legitimately yet?

Yes 14 vote(s) 82.4%
No 3 vote(s) 17.6%
  1. HallowKnight Green Slime

If you have gotten Hallowed gear, how long did it take you and why did you set out to get it?

I apologize for the shortness of this thread, but there isn't much else I can do to make it longer.
  2. Vizendel Dark Caster

I've gotten it legitimately on three playthroughs.

The rest haven't been legitimately.

Took me around I guess a week for the first, five days for the second and about a day and a half of continuous play for the third.
  3. HallowKnight Green Slime

Oh, I see.
    I've gotten it legitimately once myself. A shame, I know.
    It took me around 3 or so days, I think.
    Though I'm sure I would have gotten it more if I played Terraria daily.
  4. Klapp Tortoise

I got it. Didn't really bother to play through again and do it though.
  5. lord_vinvis Doctor Bones

I got it legitimately on my only end-game playthrough ever. I took my time on my 'main' 1.1 world, spending lots and lots of time building and grinding. I spent almost 350 of the 400 hours on that world. my largest challenge was the twins. I had to go ranged, while being mage.
  6. AaronC Spriter

i voted no because i haven't actually gotten it legitimately in a single player run, i just used invedit cos i was too lazy to fight the hardmode bosses lol, i wonder how many people are like me and done the same :p
  7. Klapp Tortoise

Nothing wrong with that. By the time you get to Hallowed gear, it sort of feels like they dropped the ball anyway. The rest of the game is something of a natural progression that flows well, while Hallowed stuff is just falling back on a grind. I didn't really feel accomplished for getting it in this game. It's not really any big deal or show of skill.

But then I guess the whole game is remarkably simple. You can waste your time killing any boss in the game with some ridiculous weapon if it makes you feel good, but in the end it's your game and you're free to relax in it or sink a lot of time for whatever you'd like. It isn't a game that demands high skill, no matter how many videos or boasts you make. And that's just fine.
  8. Sinxar Bunny

I'm a fairly new to the party and got it in my first hardmode world in which I still play. So about 2 weeks from start to Hallowed Armor/Weapons. Then about another week to get the best modifiers on all my weapons/items.

As for why, I don't see any reason not to. If you just want to spawn items in the game and build thats all good. I play for the progression and adventure. I find that Hardmode isn't grindy at all, well except soul collecting. The mineral requirements for all three sets of armor are extremely low in comparison to the normal armors.

Got enough materials for around 20 more sets of Hallowed Armor/weapons lol. Perhaps I've been exploring too much!
  9. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

I'm not it hardmode yet, but once I get to hardmode I'm going to try to get it the correct way but fighting the bosses with my brother and sister who both play the game.
  10. EpicXeno Green Slime

Took me many, many weeks and hundreds of hours of play to get Hallowed armor. I got it, and the first thing I did was enjoyed the Mage bonus it gave me. I blasted everything to pieces. Everything. Nothing survived. nothing...
    Crystal Storm mate. It's strong enough to take out The Twins.
  11. Loki ISP Moderator

Got it once.

Got it twice and then realized the second time it was just a race to the easybutton.....I mean the Megashark.....spent my remaining time on Terraria building things with friends, as the gear/game difficulty is nothing to brag about completing.
  12. Lord Carver Werewolf

Me and a bunch of friends worked together to get all the new endgame gear, but it's all on my desktop (it's dead, jim.) and didn't carry over to my laptop wintop through steam. So I just used a storage world to get it all back.

Will I do it all again? No. Hard mode is stupid and more of an arbitrary chore after I beat it the first time.
    lord_vinvis likes this.
  13. Zaffre2 Mouse

Just got the set for the first time. I must have died at least ten times trying to get through all those bosses.