Pre 1.2 [How To] Custom Soundtracks

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Sychosis, Jun 4, 2011.

1. ZathMedia Green Slime

can we use songs made by artist's such as eminem, Pmac, anything you like aslong as we convert it to .wav?

Edit: Sorry if you said yes - no but i was to excited to really read it. its to long and reading gets boaring if you made a short guide or a video i would shurly watch/read it.

-Zath
  2. Sychosis Green Slime

For personal use? Absolutely. So long as it's a .wav it works.
  3. AgentShawn Cursed Skull

Fly Away goes with everything. The same will ring true for Terraria as well.
    [IMG]
  4. CCReed97 Green Slime

I think i know what your gonna put as your boss music lol :3
  5. AgentShawn Cursed Skull

6. Serith Squirrel

Great guide, Sychosis. I was actually wondering how to do this just a few days ago, now I've got a Touhou Wavebank to play to. xD
  7. CCReed97 Green Slime

Ok. Im getting VERY pissed off at my computer right now because i cant seem to find my Terraria folder. Can anyone tell me where I can find it PLEEEAAASE????
    Infraction has been given for this message by Jack Napier. Details | Jun 17, 2011
  8. AgentShawn Cursed Skull

Depends. Is it a pirated copy or Steam?
  9. CCReed97 Green Slime

steam. plz help!
  10. Sychosis Green Slime

It'll be something like:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\content

Or if you have a 32-bit OS I guess it would be:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\terraria\content

If you installed Steam somewhere outside Program Files you'll have to go hunting.
  11. CCReed97 Green Slime

OOOOOH ok thanks alot man :D
  12. CCReed97 Green Slime

oh and one more thing. an i the only one who hears the custom music on multiplayer?
  13. Sychosis Green Slime

Just you.

No one will know your dirty little secret.
  14. CCReed97 Green Slime

O_O ......uh, w-what s-secret? I DONT HAVE DISMEMBERED BODYS IN A REFRIGIRATOR AT A DUMP IN JAPAN!!!
    Oh, uh, did i say that out loud? lol
  15. NightsOwl Cursed Skull

Would it be okay if I uploaded my Yoshi's Island, Donkey Kong Country, and Brave Fencer Musashi Wavebanks? Since those games are dated, I dont know if it'd be illegal.
  16. Sychosis Green Slime

Can't say I know too much about copyright law, but it's probably in your best interest as an upstanding member of the community not to link them here. Copyrights extend for a good long time.

Posting a list of Wave Banks you have and the track lists in each so people can personally replicate or inquire about them isn't against the law as far as I can tell.
  17. NightsOwl Cursed Skull

Hrm. Too lazy to do that. But thanks for the advice. I'm -pretty- sure they only last 10 years. But to be on the safe side, I'll not release them.
  18. 11clock Devourer

I'd like to try this using your pre-made soundtrack, but I want to know what they sound like before I implement them. Can you upload the .wavs or .mp3s?
  19. Sychosis Green Slime

Well the first one, "Miracle," has the track list and link to the album online here.

Probably should have given the second the same treatment though. To make things less confusing for others I went back added them here.
  20. AgentShawn Cursed Skull