How to install a downloaded map in Terraria

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Maldor, May 30, 2011.

1. Maldor Green Slime

This is just a basic post to explain How to install a map or custom map, in Terraria. This is NOT a guide on how to create a world.

Video Guide

This guide is not made by me but by HBVvids.

EZ VERSION

1. Open up "My Computer".
    • Windows XP: Look for a program called "My Computer" and Open it up.
    • Vista/Windows 7: Go to your start menu, and click on "Computer", to the right of your start menu.
    2. Open up your "Documents" folder.
    • Windows XP: Click on the "Directory Bar" (near the top of the screen) and double click on "My Documents"
    • Vista/Windows 7: Under the "Libraries" bar, click on Documents.
    3. Navigate to the "My Games" folder in your documents.
    • All Windows Operating Systems: Scroll down until you see a folder dubbed "My Games", click on it.
    4. Find the "Terraria" folder and open up your "Worlds" folder.
    • All Windows Operating Systems: Scroll down until you find a folder dubbed "Terraria", click on it. Do the same for the "Worlds" folder.
    5. Navigate to the world's file.
    • Windows XP: Open up a new window of "My Computer" and find the directory where the world that you downloaded is place
    • Vista/Windows 7: Right click on the "Windows Explorer" box in your task bar, then click on "Windows Explorer" inside the right click "menu". Navigate to the directory, where your downloaded world is placed.
    6. COPY AND PASTE!
    • All Windows Operating Systems: Right click on the world file. Click on copy. Go to the window where your Terraria world folder is and right click on an empty space and click paste (Haha rhyme).
    7. OPEN UP TERRARIA AND GO HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!

KWIK BUT MORE DIFFICULT

1. Open up "My Computer".
    • Copy this and fill in the stuff in <> with your own info. Then paste it to your directory bar. "<Your disk drive letter where you keep my documents>:\<username on windows>\Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds"
    2. OPEN UP TERRARIA AND GO HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!!!!!

Please post a reply to tell me what I did wrong/well and if it helped please like. Thanks!
  2. Larthrux Green Slime

This is very nice, will clean up the forums a bit. Should be stickied IMO.
    Infraction has been given for this message by NeKoChan. Details | Jun 19, 2011
    Alpr likes this.
  3. Maldor Green Slime

Thank you Larthux!
  4. Werven Green Slime

Thanks for the great guide!
  5. Maldor Green Slime

Thank you! I really appreciate it!
  6. Altson2411 Green Slime

7. Wolfboy5 Demon Eye

thanks, now i can play :3
  8. Maldor Green Slime

You're welcome! I appreciate everybody who says thank you.
  9. Firedog118 Squirrel

Nice guide, thanks. =D

Any my browser (Google Chrome) seems to think this page has possible malware contained in it, something about from the werven(dot)uni(dot)cc

Note I have taken out the 'dots' so that is does not become a link, and an unsuspecting forumer clicks on it.
    So do realise, I do not want you to click this link, I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this? It does seem to be only this thread :/
  10. Wolfboy5 Demon Eye

Yah, my G.C. does not like it ether. I don't know why
  11. thefox119 Green Slime

sorry but right click on windows explorer then click on windows explorer how does that work
  12. Maldor Green Slime

Are you on XP (or lower) or Windows 7/Vista?
  13. Maldor Green Slime

You're welcome!

And about that, it may be the dragon eggs on Larthux's signature, or an ad. It's most likely his signature because those aren't allowed anymore and you won't find them around very much.
  14. Rich Green Slime

This could do with some screenshots..
  15. Zephelin Green Slime

I can't be in the same gene pool with people that consider method 2 difficult
  16. Novate Bone Serpent

it probably could use some screenshots but the original poster hasnt been on here for a few weeks
    edit:
    maybe someone could make some then get a moderator to edit them in for him?
  17. Rito Yuki Green Slime

Thanks for the guide; helped me alot!
  18. bradly The Groom

thank u soo much
  19. isuckatallgames Yellow Slime

Whenever I open up my terraria folder it says "Windows Explorer has stopped working" and then shuts down.
    Any help?
  20. DeepDolphin Green Slime

I actually didn't know where my terraria worlds were (for posting custom made worlds) before i read this! :p