how to install teraria mods?

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by elad5252, Mar 8, 2012.

1. elad5252

elad5252 Green Slime

2. smokesjackson

smokesjackson Snow Flinx

3. Klokinator

Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

4. elad5252

elad5252 Green Slime

ty but its writing me : missing: C:\Program Files\newsteam\steamapps\common\terraria\Terraria\Terraria.exe
    00:37:48 missing: C:\Program Files\newsteam\steamapps\common\terraria\Terraria\TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe
    why?

5. Klokinator

Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

Err, you should reinstall Terraria from Steam, and if you didn't get it from Steam I can't/won't help you, as I don't support Terraria pirates. That being said, after you reinstall it, just follow the step-by-step directions I gave in the pinned topic and you'll be golden.

smokesjackson likes this.
  6. elad5252

elad5252 Green Slime

i will try ty

edit: i reinstalled from steam but i am still having that problem

7. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

Navigate to the file in the error, so go to C:\Program Files\ newsteam\ steamapps\ common\ terraria\ Terraria\ TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe and rename the "terraria.exe" to "terrariaoriginalbackup.exe".

8. hollowx99

hollowx99 Green Slime

i am having a similar problem, I need to GET a terrariaoriginalbackup.exe in te first plac, or at least you could tell me how to download of steam again without wasting 10 dollars...

9. legitXblanco

legitXblanco Green Slime

your signature 0__o

10. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

You don't get the file, you rename the normal terraria.exe to terrariaoriginalbackup.exe.
    What about it?

11. hollowx99

hollowx99 Green Slime

actually I had tried that and it it didn't work, I just had to install the mod/game launcher first =p

12. MontanaDrake

MontanaDrake Green Slime

I don't have "terraria.exe". Please help

13. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

If you have a legit terraria bought through steam then you do. It's located at program files (86)\ steam\ steamapps\ common\ terraria by default. Otherwise you installed it to a non-default directory, in which I can't help you unless you find the folder or un/reinstall steam.

14. MontanaDrake

MontanaDrake Green Slime

i bought terraria legit through steam but when i go though those steps the closest i have to that is just "Terraria" (the application). No folder or anything called terraria.exe. I'll un/reinstall steam right now and try to find it again.

wereo u down;oad the map

where do u download the map !?!?!?

15. MontanaDrake

MontanaDrake Green Slime

still didn't get it :/ I un/reinstalled Steam/Terraria and I still dont have it.. Thanks anyway i guess..

16. legitXblanco

legitXblanco Green Slime

what kind of computer do you have?

17. 7UR7L3

7UR7L3 Undead Viking

Ah, some computers don't have the file extension displayed (if it's a application, it's a .exe). You should just rename terraria to terrariaoriginalbackup. (crosses fingers that that'll work).

18. MontanaDrake

MontanaDrake Green Slime

do i do terrariaoriginalbackup.exe? and i have an Inspiron N5010 running on windows 7

19. MontanaDrake

MontanaDrake Green Slime

i did that but now i get a different message when i try to download it.

20. MashiroSora

MashiroSora Snow Flinx

only terrariaoriginalbackup if the extensions are disabled
    if you know how to activate them and probably did it already then you may add exe

Edit: terribly ninjad -.-
    you may add teh message so we can help you

7UR7L3 likes this.