Ideas on mods

Discussion in 'PC' started by ShadowSoul, Aug 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ShadowSoul Lava Slime

I am pretty sure MS(modding support) will probably come in the next update and I am ready and full of mod ideas... *these are thing that would never be put in the game, but are an epic idea for the fun of it.*

None so far.
  2. Yuki Green Slime

Portal to an alternative dimension, like in minecraft?
    Scratch that, SEASONS
  3. Relinies-the-Wizard Face Monster

I lol'd
    Modding support likely WILL NOT come in the next update. It's currently a pretty grey area, and the devs haven't mentioned it much. If it does come, it won't be very detailed or useful as opposed to what has been accomplished already. Adding a support for modding doesn't give much room for new things. In minecraft, Notch mentioned this himself once, on the subject of Modding Support. "It probably wouldn't have as much freedom as mods currently do, making mods like Finite Liquid impossible."
    OT: A nice thing to have in a mod... A whole new dimension, based on being THE EXACT OPPOSITE of the real world.
  4. rogoku Doctor Bones

RB spawner. Spawns a mob called Rebbaca B

when near her you hear my songs.
  5. Graceful Assassin No. XI MARLUXIA

I have a really nice mod idea, I just can't find a programmer to help me out >.>
  6. rogoku Doctor Bones

i can program.
  7. Cobaltcakes Illuminant Slime

Somebody should mod in modding support. :3
  8. Graceful Assassin No. XI MARLUXIA

...Do you have enough C# knowledge and experience with Tshock to help me out? Have you made any mods before?
  9. rogoku Doctor Bones

Ya. I have made stuff before 4 my friends.
  10. Graceful Assassin No. XI MARLUXIA

I can't rely on mere words, if your truly interested convo me, this mod is a pretty hefty change.
  11. Relinies-the-Wizard Face Monster

Let me tell you why this can't happen.
    It isn't a mod if it's adding a way to make mods. It technically has to modify the game in SOME way. Only the devs can make a legal modding support program or other thing. I think that will do.
  12. Cobaltcakes Illuminant Slime

I love it when people take my jokes seriously. Unless you're joking also. Which would make this Jokeception, or something.
    robly18 likes this.
  13. Relinies-the-Wizard Face Monster

I knew it was a joke, but i still had to explain it D:
  14. Cobaltcakes Illuminant Slime

Oh, I see.

Well played.
  15. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

Have you looked at my mod, tConfig? It lets you make mods - with emphasis on not requiring programming knowledge.
  16. Graceful Assassin No. XI MARLUXIA

I think people are looking for bigger mods when they say mod support rather than just changing various values. Having said that, your mod was very interesting, I applaud you for being the author of TConfig.

Anyone else wish their was a Modding section in the Forum? >.>

Edit: I had you confused with another mod, sorry, that one is actually very cool. *thumbs up*
  17. Relinies-the-Wizard Face Monster

I do, but they aren't allowed for now. Any mods currently surviving haven't been seen (unlikely) or were given a thumbs up by a dev or several mods.
  18. Graceful Assassin No. XI MARLUXIA

It would be much easier to find a legitimate programmer there, can't wait for there to be one.
  19. Surfpup Raincoat Zombie

Thanks. I should probably have come up with a better name for the mod, but it is what it is. I feel like a lot of people might not be looking in the thread because of the thread title.

If you need any help programming, I might be able to help. It certainly depends on what it is you want to do, and whether or not I find it more interesting than what I'm working on now.
  20. Graceful Assassin No. XI MARLUXIA

Well, I am looking for a programmer, the mod is well, places a huge change to Terraria, I also plan on greatly expanding it in future updates. If your seriously considering it send me a convo.

Edit: I will have to reply tomorrow though, I gotta sleep.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.