In-game inv edit mod?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Burntscale76, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Burntscale76 Devourer

Im going to make a map and was wondering if there was an in game inv edit to help me so i don't have to keep going back and forth between my game and inv edit.
  2. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

BingoWasHisNamo likes this.
  3. Burntscale76 Devourer

the download link is broken :(
  4. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

5. TheRogueLion The Groom

You could just use TEdit and then add in any fine details in-game.
  6. Pentarctagon Green Slime

This is one of those times where you could have simply put "terraria inventory editor" into google and found what you were looking for.
  7. TheRogueLion The Groom

He already has an inventory editor, as stated in the OP. He just wants one in-game so he doesn't have to keep exiting Terraria. TEdit is a quick and easily solution to build structures, which is why I suggested it.
  8. Rich Green Slime

Not really, most inventory editors just edit the files and require you to reload the map to get the items.

As ahamling suggested, buildaria is a great in-game map editor. You could also try setting up a Tshock, Tedit, or TDSM server for yourself and using the commands to spawn items. Since you're the only one working on it you would not even have to forward your ports.
    ahamling27 likes this.
  9. Novate Bone Serpent

If you are using buildaria, it lets you get place anywhere so be sure you don't screw up with overlapping background walls of different types as it can look silly ;p
  10. Williamm53 Green Slime

There isn't one, but it would be nice having one.
  11. Elder Merch Blazing Wheel

Twisted mod could count.
  12. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

This. If you like using a specific character, just use a server mod that will allow you to add items in. And usually there are server commands that give you commands like Buildaria, but with your existing characters. Buildaria will overwrite your characters inventories, at least it did it when I used it last.

TEdit won't really work if you like working in-game. It's all out-of-the-game map making, so you'd still have to load up the world to test and see what it looks like.
  13. qbicfeet Green Slime

Your question seems to have been answered, so I'm locking this thread now. Hopefully some of the above suggestions will do :]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.