TConfig In Need of Help with an error

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by kinsem, Jan 1, 2013.

1. kinsem

kinsem Cursed Man

Ok So I am in the process of learning how to make a mod with TConfig and I am trying to make my first custom item (A type of lamp/torch that can be placed underwater) as a test before working on a larger project and when I try to compile everything I have I get the fallowing error:

[​IMG]

I have changed the everything from Glowrod to Glowlight and I am still getting the same error message.

For the Item I am using the fallowing code:

Code:
    [Stats]
    width=10
    height=20
    type=-1
    holdStyle=1
    useStyle=1
    useAnimation=15
    useTime=10
    maxStack=99
    createTile=Glowlight
    consumable=True
    autoReuse=True
    useTurn=True
    scale=1
    toolTip=Provides light even under water
    value=100
    noWet=False
    [Recipe]
    Amount=1
    needWater=False
    Items=1 Gel,1 Glowstick,1 Glass

and for the Tile I am using the fallowing code:
    Code:
    [Stats]
    id=-1
    width=1
    height=1
    pick=0
    axe=0
    hammer=1
    DropName=Glowlight
    Lighted=True
    MergeDirt=False
    Cut=False
    Alch=False
    Shine=0
    Shine2=False
    Stone=False
    WaterDeath=False
    LavaDeath=False
    Table=False
    BlockLight=False
    NoSunLight=False
    Dungeon=False
    SolidTop=False
    Solid=False
    NoAttach=False
    NoFail=True
    FrameImportant=True
    I have no idea what I have done wrong and I have fallowed the tutorials that are located on the TConfig wiki, but after working on this for almost 8 hours I am at my whits end and I am now asking the modding community for help as I have no idea what I am doing wrong.

The files for this little test mod I am working on can be downloaded from here.

2. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

I'm quite certain there's no item called 'grass' , however you stated the existence of one in your recipe...

3. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

He has glass, not grass.

You have an item named Glowrod, but your tile is also called that.

You want your dropName to be the item, and your createTile to be the tile.

Yoraiz0r likes this.
  4. kinsem

kinsem Cursed Man

I Have looked over several other mods and I have found that Objects and Tiles that are apart of a matched set are normally named the same thing, thus I have named both the tile and the item Glowlight. I tried renaming the tile files and the to Glowlight1 and made the needed change to the item's ini file with no luck so I am thinking that it may be something else, unless of course I am completely wrong in this matter.

If someone would be kind enough to review the rar file I linked to in my first post and tell me what I did wrong and step by step instructions on how to fix it as I cant seem to wrap my brain around the coding part of modding.

5. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

The issue is the createTile line in the item ini. It expects a type number, instead of a name.

kinsem likes this.
  6. kinsem

kinsem Cursed Man

A great many thanks for the help. The problem has been solved and I would have never figured out what was wrong without your help. Again THANKS!

7. kinsem

kinsem Cursed Man

Ok so I was able to compile the little test mod, and the item shows up in game and is shown when held and also can be placed on the ground, but I can not figure out for the life of me how to get it to be place-able on the walls nor get it to produce any light while being held like a torch.

I would be very grateful to anyone who might be able to help me with this.
    For the most part the code is the same as what is shown in my first post with the only differance having the line "createTile=Glowlight" in the item ini code being changed to "createTileName=Glowlight"