Is terraria dying?

Discussion in 'PC' started by Viperlee, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Viperlee Squirrel

I used to play terraria for the first 4 months it came it and it was lively. I recently came back after quitting for a few and it seems dead. Has anyone else noticed this?
  2. SilverBird Blood Crawler

Its was for a bit until Regidit came back and started updating again.
    Mr.Person likes this.
  3. Viperlee Squirrel

I guess so, but what about the servers? They seem completely dead.
  4. Sn3ky Slimed Zombie

With the post of Redigit stating that he will most likely update Terraria again is bringing alot of old players back. although im still interested to see how this will all turn out
  5. Viperlee Squirrel

I just really wanted to play a N Terraria server with some people, but can't find any servers that are up.
  6. Sn3ky Slimed Zombie

The N Terraria mod is old. I really don't know if the makers are still hosting their servers or not. read through the thread for the original mod and research for yourself.
  7. Viperlee Squirrel

The mod is being continued by another person. There -were- 2 servers up. But they both went down and haven't came back online.
  8. Sn3ky Slimed Zombie

Then just give it time. There are many people still hosting servers. but those are mainly private servers for between friends. Things may come back if this possible PC update comes to us.
  9. EATERofSOULS Bunny

i think it may be dying a bit as well
  10. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

A year ago you could say Terraria was dying, because the original fan base slowly was declining. But for the last many months Terraria has been exactly the same. It is a long story, but all you need to know is Red is updating the game and 505 is porting to xbox and ps3
    Mr.Person likes this.
  11. EATERofSOULS Bunny

did he say he was going to update it for sure?
  12. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

It's pretty certain, if you want to know for sure, go ask him on his profile.
  13. Klokinator Raincoat Zombie

How stupid are people to keep posting these topics when there is a very popular and clear cut topic about PC updates in the Dev Blog section? How about just looking at the developer's profile page? FFS try reading for more than 5 minutes people, jeez.
    Jonahan, Mr.Person, Jeckel and 3 others like this.
  14. Space Sphere Dark Caster

He is almost 99% certainly updating it.
  15. EATERofSOULS Bunny

ok ill do that now
  16. Loki ISP Moderator

There is definitely going to be a console version = new players

There is definitely going to be an update unless Red dies or is captured by aliens.

Both respective devs have been crystal clear on this.

Threads like this one made in the face of those facts seem foolish, IMHO.

Personal example: just the promise of the above have caused myself and at least a few others that I know to already pick the game up again
    Oscurita, Mr.Person and Bit 8gent like this.
  17. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

Yes, he's stated several times in profile posts that he's been working on it and making good progress.
    Bit 8gent likes this.
  18. Lord Carver Possessed Armor

No I did not notice this. But thank you for bringing it to my attention.
    Stackerzgame likes this.
  19. Bit 8gent Squirrel

No Terraria is not dying, not at all. This new update Red is working on is generating a lot of hype (the suggestion thread is up to 2512 posts as of now). This will certainly give Terraria players a reason to play the game again. I know I'll probably put another 200 hours in the game after the update :)
  20. FierceRogue Floaty Gross

Red is defiantly updating and in his profile he said he is happy with the update so far. There is a whole thread called " Something about a new PC update" for recomendations:rolleyes: