is this game/forums Slightly Dead?

Discussion in 'PC' started by DarkCore1967, Feb 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkCore1967 Slimed Zombie

it just seems there is barely anything here i know the game is getting updated but for how long. Is it just one update or several. and these forums feel dead too there doesn't seem much activity on them
    than they used to
  2. nogloxiator Fire Imp

You should capitalize. And, no we aren't dead.
  3. W1K Dong of Cthulhu

It is dead. As of, there is a huge inactivity. It was deadier some time ago and is slowly undeading.
    xGama and Redigit like this.
  4. DarkCore1967 Slimed Zombie

i don't know i think its pretty much dead. starbound will come out i think this game mite bite the dust tbh
  5. Tunnel King Moderator

Even without updates for a year, Terraria is still played a lot.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Consistently in the top 20 or so over all of Steam. As far as the forums go, some parts are busy (mods/tools, the update suggestion thread). "Dead" is a relative term, I guess. It probably will never get back to the level of the early days.
  6. DarkCore1967 Slimed Zombie

i suppose the game feels bland tho not a lot to do and building sucks barely any good blocks and decor is nothing
  7. Tunnel King Moderator

Mods, my friend. Not all of them are recolored swords and armor. Check out Eikester's mods or Lycos_Hayes' mods, plus others. Or check out what PuLSe and friends are building in the CraTeR. Lots of creative stuff going on.
  8. DarkCore1967 Slimed Zombie

i shouldn't need mods the game should have had these things to begin with, besides ive got obsidian mod... doesn't do a whole lot :/
  9. Kane Administrator

Besides the big spike we had at the start of December and the drop off the forums activity has actually gone up. I don't really have detailed stats on the game its self but I'm pretty sure its been actually going up recently and the hype with Andrew being on the forums daily and updates coming as well as the console releases coming very soon.

Overall I think things have been going pretty good. I would love to post more news, but when the developers are hard at work they rather at times be working on updates then posting updates if you get my drift :)
  10. DarkCore1967 Slimed Zombie

good to know kane
  11. PowerCosmic Werewolf

12. Lord Carver Werewolf

Yes. Because taking 5 minutes to report on current progress is like taking 5 hours to report on current progress.

:):D:eek:
  13. W1K Dong of Cthulhu

Do u even Story of Red Cloud.
  14. Loki ISP Moderator

As Kane noted, the stats are pretty telling. It's stark. If Kane ever lets me ( :p ) I'd love to show some stats - not to shout down the critics, rather to be proud of where we are during this Terrarenaissance. :D

As PC noted....how many of these do we need?

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/is-terraria-dying.95655/
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terrarias-slow-death.94720/
    http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/what-happened-to-these-forums.92039/

And there are more.

Not pushing back on the sentiment or the responses....but should we perhaps centralize to one place? :)
  15. nogloxiator Fire Imp

"We are dead megathread" UU are silly!!!
    W1K likes this.
  16. Loki ISP Moderator

Well, I didn't want to be rude and either just lock it...or question why people are still making these threads post console and Reds return. ;)

I mean, 6 months ago, maybe...but now?

Anyway...I should probably lock some of these...
    Jeckel and Kelp like this.
  17. DarkCore1967 Slimed Zombie

feel free to
  18. Loki ISP Moderator

Done...and thanks for your understanding. I promise it's nothing personal - and I understand where you are coming from.

Let me know if you have any questions or if I can ever assist with anything.

Cheers
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.