[Item] Teleporters

Discussion in 'Suggestions Archive' started by TheGreatNinjaMan, May 25, 2011.

1. TheGreatNinjaMan

TheGreatNinjaMan Voodoo Demon

simple idea. Teleporters: teleporters are can be used to get from Point A to Point B very fast. teleporters could be made with Gold and jewels (amthyst, emerald, sapphire, rubies, etc.) there are several types of teleporters, 1 for each type of jewel. you can have only 2 same type teleporters on a map at a time.

after you set down both ends of a teleporter you can right click on the teleporter and it will port you to the other one.

this has many uses like putting a sapphire teleporter in your base then putting another sapphire teleporter in a mining base underground. you can go to your house and to the caves with ease.

EDIT:
    each type of teleporter will have a different range depending on the jewel used to make it. they require 25 of a jewel and 10 gold.

UPDATE:
    new requirements
    requires 30 gems of the same color
    require a room unoccupied by an NPC
    requires 20 meteorite bars
    requires 25 mana and 5 seconds to use teleporter.
    UPDATE: new requirements to balance it a little more.
    Requires
    -35 gems of the same color
    -room with no NPC (table and chair optional)
    -30 meteorite bars
    -50 mana
    -5 seconds to use teleporter (getting damage cancels transportation)
    -NEW: Magic Mirror

Other updates
    Crafting now gives 2 of the teleporter
    cannot use teleporter after being attacked for 3 seconds

UPDATE....again:
    would anyone like to make a sig for this thread?
    i also added a picture to what a teleporter might look like. not really an artist :D
    Teleporter Sprite By Tafs.png Rubie Teleporter Sprite By "Tafs"
    Rubie teleporter.jpg

support teleporters
    [​IMG]
    banner by mikesteam1234
    Code:
    [center][img]http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd516/mikesteam1234/Teleportsig-1.png[/img][/center]
    dont forget to put a link too this page if you do use banner.
    dont forget to like please, more likes = more notice!

IGNORE THESE THEY ARE JUST TAGS TO HELP PEOPLE SPOT THIS IN SEARCH
    portal teleporter transporter

2. SrgStink

SrgStink Green Slime

Love it!

3. dMash

dMash Green Slime

Just suggested something very similar to this in a different post, but would require that you correspond your jewel to your magic mirrors. So diamond mirror goes to diamond portal.

4. Daemonhahn

Daemonhahn Green Slime

SO NEEDED.

My feet bleed from vaulting over chasms in corruption for days on end to reach my previous death point and continue digging....

5. Valorous

Valorous Green Slime

Both this and dMash's idea seem plausible. The teleporters should have a limit as to how far each type of jewel can go down. Else we'd have amethyst teleporters in the hell world. I think you should have to collect a good amount of hellstone brick for the hell portal else it'd be easy to make a portal to the bottom.

6. TheGreatNinjaMan

guess it could have a range so its not too imbalanced. it would defiantly give jewels more use though

7. dMash

dMash Green Slime

Agreed. You should have hellstone to use before you can just teleport there.

8. Valorous

Valorous Green Slime

Personally I say double the rarity of jewels and allow you to socket certain armor or weapons.

Mikesteam1234 likes this.
  9. Nemesis.

Nemesis. Green Slime

How about the rarer the Jewel level of the teleporter the further you can actually teleport with it. Ie: Lowest Jewel... Say Sapphire? can teleport you to the other Sapphire teleporter 300 blocks away, no more, where as Diamond teleporters can teleport you the whole map.

+1 Support.

dMash likes this.
  10. TheGreatNinjaMan

suggestions for new recipes well appreciated

11. Nemesis.

Nemesis. Green Slime

(Insert Gem x5?) + (16?) Iron bars + (20?) Glass = Teleporter.

Sapphire = 300 blocks (Up, Down, Left, Right and Diagonals all count for 1)
    Amethyst = 600
    Ruby = 1200
    Emerald = 3200
    Diamond = Anywhere

12. Spybuster

Spybuster Green Slime

i like the idea of teleporters, but where is dispenser then D:

great idea btw.

13. NormireX

NormireX Green Slime

I really like this idea. I actually had a similar idea the other day. My idea was to just have a device that would allow you to teleport to the different beds you have placed in the world

14. Sparky20

Sparky20 Cursed Man

+Support

15. Esparado87

Esparado87 Demon Eye

I rather have a blink spell (would have targeting like magic missile) that takes alot of mana per use.
    Or else it is just freakin OP.

Mynameisak likes this.
  16. Jormungandr

Jormungandr Green Slime

If we have portals, should we also have cake? Or is that a lie?
    Seriously though, I WANT THIS IN THE GAME.

17. TheGreatNinjaMan

18. Valorous

Valorous Green Slime

No Diamonds aren't that rare to have only 5 of the to make the teleporter. I say as the higher the tier of gem goes up so does the amount. Else newbies could make a go anywhere teleporter with the help of a friend and a few diamonds. There are other issues besides that of course. But I also think going anywhere should be limited to anywhere, EXCEPT, 200 squares above hell world. I stress this because you should have to work your way to the hellworld not just teleport each time. Maybe even have you put in a gem and the teleporter ports you there. IDK.

19. TheGreatNinjaMan

20. Taboo64

Taboo64 Green Slime

this is really a great idea it would make travel to the dungeon and back so easy.