TConfig Kain

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Empio, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

Kain's finally done!
    His old code is has been completely rewritten (since it was particularly shocking... his new code is a bit too).
    3100 lines of player destroying, world destroying custom AI.

Kain's summoning item, the Blood Chalice can be created using:
    5 Souls of Night
    3 Vile Powder
    3 Shadow Scale
    1 Unholy Water

I've kept the ingredients fairly cheap, as Kain is meant to be a very difficult boss. Point is, you will most likely die.

Two versions are available, one with music and the other without (in case you have a slow connection or a ridiculously restricted download cap).

Here is a mirror for the music version.

If you have already downloaded the music version, you can just download the 'No Music' version and extract it over the version with music.

Kain will drop a special item if you are able to beat him.

Extract to your ModPacks folder, and build with the mod builder. Requires tConfig.

Press Ctrl + your set 'up' key (default W) to use Kain's item.

No more information! You have to fight him yourself.

Note: Kain will rock your world in more ways than one. I highly suggest you fight him on a new world, unless you like craters.

Not compatible in multiplayer... yet.

Attached Files:

2. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

So I just tried out your mod.

Once again , AMAZINGLY WELL DONE.
    I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For anyone that reads this...

If you think Kain is just another flying boss beware.
    He even talks.
    He has is own spawned arena.
    Empio did not kid , Kain DOES make craters all over earth.
    Kain is a 3 staged boss of pure awesomenesssssssssssss
    I even choked in toxic because of him X.x

Boss quality rating : a million out of ten.
    Cannot express love further.

P.S mounts are fun , but Empio , you should mention how to get on top of them , I had to look in the code to ride it.
    (left ctrl + up key)

Spoiler screenshots :D (open)

[​IMG]
    ^ I am screwed.

[​IMG]
    ONWARDS , TO VICTORY!

Bullseye55 and Modder35342 like this.
  3. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

Glad you liked it. ;)
    Oops, forgot to mention that. It's in the op now.

Yoraiz0r likes this.
  4. Modder35342

Modder35342 Bunny

"Not compatible" as in "not tested", or we actually can't play this mod in co-op because of gamebreaking bugs? After Yoraiz0r's compelling endorsement, we really can't wait to get our hands on this one.

5. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

Not tested, though I know nothing will be synced properly, if at all. No packets are being sent or received in my code.
    Kain won't go into different phases on clients' computers, since his current phase isn't being broadcasted.

6. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

actually if spawned at the same time and going through the same action line at the same time allocations , it will probably be quasi-synced because position , velocity and life are synced as far as I remember....
    But.......I'm more worried about what you get from fighting him :p (player inputs *cough cough*)

7. Modder35342

Modder35342 Bunny

Thanks for the replies. Hope that MP compatibility will be added in the future.

8. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

Kain's special item has been updated with the new code. A few comments have also been added to the code.

9. Roamingdream

Roamingdream Cursed Man

Can someone upload this to Mediafire or something. nothing ever wants to download for me if they're attatchments -_-

- Edit: Apparently there was already a mirror.... I did not see that, Sorry!

10. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

Kain is now immune to lava. This could have caused issues if one of his body parts died to lava.

11. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Empio , I've been getting a bit of complaints from friends about Kain's.......'excessive' use of projectiles , some people play terraria on computers not strong enough to handle the latter.

I know its easy to change the shot numbers given your lovely constants , but I think it would be wise to include a 'light' version of Kain which includes a bit less projectiles , removed light from spammed projectiles (kain mortar *cough cough* and etc)

Again , just a suggestion , feel free to ignore me as I explain to my friends how to do that manually.

Empio likes this.
  12. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

Is it just the mortar that's causing issues. How well do the meteors and pyroclasms (purple rocks and fireballs - both phases in Kain's second form) run on their machines?

13. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

no idea really , they hadn't talked too much , but that's the only spam i'd think about.
    Also - they got an error regarding the predraw in kain's mod , object not set to instance of an object.
    Also - one of them has music set to 0% yet music loads , I'd ASSUME its probably related to your code?

14. Roamingdream

Roamingdream Cursed Man

Its mainly the mortars and lighting changes from projectile that cause the most lag.

15. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

I've updated Kain to fire fewer mortars and pyroclasms, they also no longer generate light.

Mortars have been made larger to compensate for the fewer created.

Heart fireballs no longer generate light either.

The music issue has been fixed, music won't play if the music volume is at 0 - it won't even load either - no point if you can't hear it.

Additional changes are, Kain's cages in his third form produce hearts every 8 seconds instead of every 5 seconds. Important to note is that you can attack them to make them drop more hearts.

Let me know if anything is still causing lag.

Modder35342 and Yoraiz0r like this.
  16. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

lovely change regarding the heart drops , they made the fight way too easy xD

Empio likes this.
  17. Tunnel King

Tunnel King Moderator Staff Member

This looks very interesting, I'll have to put it on my list to try.

Just FYI, one of RussLeeIV's mods is a customizable in-game settings menu that might be useable in this context to adjust the projectile rate etc. on a sliding scale related to performance. He has a code template that demonstrates how to add it to your mod. That way, you wouldn't have to compromise on what you wanted the mod to be just so that more people would/could play it. (The Mod Settings pack doesn't seem to work in MP, though).

Empio likes this.
  18. Empio

Empio Blazing Wheel

How is the fight so far? Are the damage values at a good level, or do they get too low if the player has hallowed gear?

Interesting, the in-game settings wouldn't be too hard to make multiplayer compatible. Make it so only the host can change settings, and when they're done, broadcast the changes.

I might take a look setting up Kain to be able to work with it.

19. Roamingdream

Roamingdream Cursed Man

I would say increase the damage abit, I was able to kill Kain pretty easily and only used like 3 potions. the hearts in the 3rd phase really made it easy so maybe make it so they spawn... I don't know every 10-15 seconds?

And REALLY great work on this boss, Kudos for your amazing work on this.

Empio and Yoraiz0r like this.
  20. Modder35342

Modder35342 Bunny

I agree with the idea of increasing the damage, especially if you ever manage to make it functional in multiplayer. A formidable enemy like this should stay difficult even with endgame equipment.