Kane's Sprites: Free to a good home

Discussion in 'Art' started by Taylor kane, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Taylor kane

Taylor kane Green Slime

Hello, I'm just here to share my sprites/art and hope that someone somewhere might use them one day. I'm super new and very casual about this, so I probably won't take on requests and only update this thread periodically, but hey... free sprites! Anyhow, if you use them, please just credit me as the artist and maybe send me a message or something so I can see how you implement it :)

I'd also love to hear suggestions in terms of how to improve my style. Thanks guys!

Minigun (inspired by the Heavy from TF2)​
    [​IMG]

The Power (from Regular Show)​
    [​IMG]

Sword 1​
    [​IMG]
    Sword 2​
    [​IMG]
    Sword 3​
    [​IMG]
    Sword 4​
    [​IMG]

P.S. I'm also new to posting in this forum, so if I mess up or break a rule please let me know so that I can fix my mistake.​

Attached Files:

2. daleksax

daleksax Bone Lee

Nice work you have so far, I don't know but something about the two sprites you have so far, there is just something about them that doesn't look right.

OT: Have you though of trying to make some armor sprites, people are always looking for new armor sprites for mods.

3. Jegalo

Jegalo Doctor Bones

I saw this too. The thing about them that doesn't look right is that they are sprited in 1x1 pixels. Terraria is sprited in 2x2 pixels. After playing Terraria for a while, 1x1 pixel art can seem a bit strange.

deend likes this.
  4. MrCreeper123125

MrCreeper123125 Hell Bat

The Power? What he do?​

5. Taylor kane

Taylor kane Green Slime

i'll try future stuff in 2x2 then! thanks

6. Taylor kane

Taylor kane Green Slime

it does anything of course! though if you know how to code it to send baby ducks to the moon then that's probably the best thing it can do

7. MrCreeper123125

MrCreeper123125 Hell Bat

No I don't know how to code. :D

8. Taylor kane

Taylor kane Green Slime

Added two swords. Both are meh, but not totally awful either. Thoughts on Sword 2 and using 2x2 sprites and 1x1?

9. RiseOfTheWolf

RiseOfTheWolf Green Slime

I have never seen a sword with the blade as big as the handle. Also the oval on the handle of the other sword looks out of place.

10. MrCreeper123125

MrCreeper123125 Hell Bat

Old sword it's probably made of stone? :D

11. Taylor kane

Taylor kane Green Slime

added two new ones. they're.... okay. i want to redo #4 sometime. doesn't come to enough of a point i think at the end of the blade. thoughts on #4? (cause #3 is just pretty bland besides being a little longer)

12. RiseOfTheWolf

RiseOfTheWolf Green Slime

I think the 3rd one is your best one yet, it looks most like an actual sword.

13. I have a GREAT use for these. I am mixing them with The Zelda Pack. The Minigun I use as Item_533 and the Power as Item_494. (Minigun=Megashark, The Power=Magical Harp.) It would be appreciated if you made more.
    EDIT: Request here :p. Could you make a mordecai/Rigby character sprite that can wear armours? It would be like the regular show, in Terraria!

14. Taylor kane

Taylor kane Green Slime

ha, my thread is super dead. i haven't been doing any sprite work since i had my entire PC destroyed. however, you are free to use these ones as much as you want lol. If I feel really ambitious i might make some new stuff while i'm on break from teaching