key binds suggestion...

Discussion in 'Console' started by Cro_Player, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Cro_Player Zombie

I would love to see using keys on D-pad as quick heal/mana and changing key binds
    What are some your key binds suggestions?
  2. TheUnrealMegashark Flying Fish

I believe they said one of the left trigger buttons would be grappling, but in my opinion, healing should maybe be a right trigger button, as the quick-heal on the PC has saved my life numerous times.
  3. kucharz508 Green Slime

Right trigger is the attack button, so that's out, i think a button on the d-pad would be good enough :p
  4. RushNlowZ Green Slime

Alright I'll admit I'm burned out on Call of Duty games but I have to recognize their control scheme as one of the best out there. And with several million players to these games I think that having a control scheme similar to CoD would definitely bolster the ranks of Terraria when it hits the arcade. After viewing a recent beta testing video of the game I'm concerned though. The idea of precision mining through the use of pushing down on the right joystick sounds clunky and anything but precise. The auto-dig idea is cleaver but the precision digging sounds like it needs a better toggle button. I would either suggest allowing players to customize the key bindings or switching the precision toggle to the left trigger similar to aiming in CoD with the right trigger mining and auto-digging when the left trigger isn't pulled. I want this game to be successful but a bad control scheme could almost certainly be a hindrance to that. I hope the Developers recognize that.