PC Map Feature: Quest for the Diamond

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by confuzzledyma, Jun 13, 2011.

1. confuzzledyma

confuzzledyma Administrator Staff Member

white.GIF
    Today's Map Feature is brought to you by forum member 38dedo. Quest for the Diamond is best described as an RPG style exploration map - you're just a simpleton who wants to discover the rarest treasure in the world, as described by the storyline.

quest1.jpeg

As with many exploration maps, you start with a fresh character and aren't allowed to break any blocks. The map is made for one player, and difficulty is changed by either leaving or bringing the blue candle in the starting house.

quest2.jpeg

You'll travel all over this map - features include sky bridge, jungle, and other built goodies. Exploration is highly encouraged, as chests can be hidden anywhere.

quest3.jpeg

Your score is determined by the gems you find in chests around the maps. Feel free to participate and post your score at the Quest for the Diamond thread, where you'll find downloads and further instructions. Also take some time to leave feedback!

We often feature user-made art, videos, maps and other gems on the front page. If you have something you feel would be a good feature, feel free to PM confuzzledyma. Due to the volume of PMs received, you may not receive a reply unless I have further questions.

wwortel and 38dedo like this.
  2. 38dedo

38dedo Piranha

Woot! Thanks for the feature confuzz!

Cheers :)

3. LabTechMK

LabTechMK Green Slime

What do you want, a cookie?

To be on topic: Map looks interesting, definitely going to check it out.

4. JellyMan

JellyMan Green Slime

Yeah that'd be nice :3

5. Antonhifi

Antonhifi Green Slime

Swedish Flag FTW!!!(im from sweden)

6. Nice!
    Gonna try this one. ;)

7. TerrariaStuff

TerrariaStuff Green Slime

8. Whoa! Nice map! :p

I did more than I expected, my score was 1562! :]
    And I've searched alot! :eek:

By the way, nice map!
    ^^'

Ps.: The first hole in the jungle, there isnt any way to get up again :(

9. Perfectionist

Perfectionist Green Slime

I actually played this map...
    And it was great! Glad it made the front page!

10. huldu

huldu Cave Bat

Antonhifi, Swedish flag? lol? You might want to look up your nation flag one more time. Is there any country that has a grey background... or for that matter the cross in that direction even?! Very nice and fun map i really encourage people to try it out.

11. Jenysis

Jenysis Green Slime

Wicked awesome map :D I had a blast until a ridiculous amount of hornets and man eater's took the wind out of my sails :(
    I'll enjoy watching my brother hack his way through though :p

12. Sharp142

Sharp142 Green Slime

Playing it right now, and i love it!

13. Antonhifi

Antonhifi Green Slime

I think its supossed to be swedish flag

14. 38dedo

38dedo Piranha

Just to clear the subject, I did not intend for it to be a Swedish flag, or any nation flag whatsoever.

It just turned out to really look like one.

15. Sir Isaac

Sir Isaac Green Slime

This one looks pretty good. i'll have to try it out

16. Pedguin

Pedguin Herpling

Really good map!

17. Syeal7

Syeal7 Green Slime

Yes, it is pretty obvious why he tought it looked like the Swdish flag, there are alot of similarities. And who knows, maybe the guy who made this map maybe ain't the biggest artist. So ofcourse he could make a mistake or two, or he didn't find any other brick at the moment with the blue colour. Or it was just a coincidence.
    And besides, the grey bricks does give an illusion of blue with the sky-blue background and the yellow cross.

18. JustOutsidEarth

JustOutsidEarth Green Slime

1887 for me. That was GREAT. GREAT job!!! I enjoyed playing as one of my favorite adventure game characters... :) Thank you very much!

19. Allie

Allie Green Slime

This was the best map I've ever played.
    I got 1882 points, not too bad.

20. Envy297

Envy297 Green Slime

Loved it!

My Score: 1957! :D is that good?