PC Map Feature: The Legend of Zelda - A Link to Terraria

Discussion in 'News & Features' started by ahamling27, May 21, 2012.

1. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

[IMG]
    [IMG]

Today I'll be featuring a map that was made by myself, ahamling27. That's right, this round of adventuring is on me! Among my creations is Adventure! - An adventure map inspired by Zelda, and this feature will be covering what you might consider to be the spritual successor to that map, titled: The Legend of Zelda: A Link to Terraria.

It all started out as just an update to my old Adventure! map, but it quickly evolved into something much more. Since Adventure! came out back in July of 2011, Terraria has had some major content additions, mostly the mechanical aspects that were added into patch 1.1. I haven't had any previous expreience building a map with mechanics in mind so A Link to Terraria took a little longer than I thought it would.

[IMG]

I've done what I can to the story. You play as Link and are tasked with saving the Princess Zelda by defeating Gannondorf thereby bringing peace back to the land of Hyrule. You'll journey through seven dungeons and temples collecting Souls of Might. There are nine dungeons total, with 4 bosses and one mini boss.

[IMG]

There are tons of secrets, I think I quadrupled the amount of goodies and heart crystals you can find. You'll find secret caves, fight through pitch black jungle, and out-run an exploding and collapsing tunnel, and this time with real explosions! (In Adventure! there were no such items and you literally had to pretend that you were out-running a collapsing tunnel.)

[IMG]

This adventure map is best played with a Legend of Zelda texture pack. Currently there are two versions to choose from and they both provide an excellent conversion from the look of Terraria to the look of the Legend of Zelda. The texture pack featured in the video is called The New Zelda Texture Pack by Imperishable and you can find it here with the instructions on how to install TCCL(the program to load custom texture packs) and the texture pack itself. If you know what a 1x1 pixel texture pack is, and prefer the 2x2 pixel look of regular Terraria, then Mike's The Legend of Zelda texture pack is the one for you. You'll have to follow the instructions on how to install TCCL from the other texture pack link though.

[IMG]

This adventure map has been in the works since February and I'm very happy with the outcome. I really hope you enjoy it! Good luck, and have fun!

Click here for more information and to download the map.
    XoGenius, Burnscars, Garneac and 4 others like this.
  2. Blu Moderator

I am so pumped about this one.

TO Staff Let's play needs to happen!
    Tim Hjersted and ahamling27 like this.
  3. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Congrats on the feature... and congrats on the featuring....
    Snirk Immington and Tim Hjersted like this.
  4. Sage of Thyme Dark Caster

I love bringing peach back to the land XD

In all seriousness, I really want to play this.
  5. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Then play it
    Snirk Immington likes this.
  6. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

Yes, this! I'll host and record it, but I'm sure others will want to record it as well. :D
    blumchen and Tim Hjersted like this.
  7. Classikly Flying Snake

Heh, every map that you make will automatically get featured, right? :D
    Also, I don't know what texture pack to use. I get really frustrated when I see 1x1 sprites in Terraria, but if everything else is 1x1 then I don't really mind. Oh, what to choose, what to choose..:mad:
  8. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

Not quite! Before I was the resident Map Expert, I made a sequel to Maze World, aptly named Maze World 2, and despite the PM's to confuzzledyma, it was never featured. ;)
  9. Stackerzgame Dungeon Spirit

Well it's the effort that counts...... kind of
    ahamling27 likes this.
  10. ibowser123 Paladin

So you just have to be SOOOO arrogant ahamling, ugh, you just feature yourself cause you're "special"....you make me sick.

:p

(obviously this is a joke, just saying that for any of those infraction-happy mods out there... :/ )

PS: it says "Gannondorg"
    xD
    Mathgeek likes this.
  11. Mathgeek Green Slime

I think I may do an LP as well, with the Zelda texture pack. D:<

BTW, if this IS just a joke, do a smiley, or a wink or something. It seems arrogant without...
  12. ibowser123 Paladin

I don't think ahamling deserves a smiley...
    >.>
    <.<

I put one there anyway...
  13. kingicarus Floaty Gross

Wait a minute...you featured yourself?! You deserve this, my moderating friend!

Seriously though, good work. Miyamoto would be proud.
    ahamling27 likes this.
  14. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

Of course your joking! And I fixed that by the way. :p
  15. Tim Hjersted Arapaima

Awesome map's gotta be featured when it gots to be featured. Nothin ya can much do bout that when it needs to be done, I reckon... :)
    ahamling27 likes this.
  16. 11clock Devourer

I might play this when I'm done with the Forgotten Ice Temple, but it will be a while. Six hours into that map and I'm only 50% done! :eek:
    Tim Hjersted likes this.
  17. MrCreeper123125 Hell Bat

Looks cool i'll try it. :p
    Bublee, clock and Tim Hjersted like this.
  18. MasterLuigi452 Piranha

[IMG]
    This I HAVE to try out!
    Tim Hjersted likes this.
  19. Gabriel91SatanGod Cursed Skull

[IMG]

I've done what I can to the story. You play as Link and are tasked with saving the Princess Zelda by defeating Gannondorf thereby bringing peach back to the land of Hyrule.
    [/quote]
    Peace is spelt wrong!
  20. ahamling27 Map Expert/Admin

Fixed! But the definition of spelt doesn't work there, Peace is spelled wrong. Spelt is actually a type of wheat. :confused:

The more you know!

Edit: Seems that outside the US, spelt and spelled are used interchangably...The more I know!
    masterlugia and Tim Hjersted like this.