Marble Hornets

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Filthy, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Filthy Dark Caster

Well, MarbleHornets just posted their newest entry to their 'documentary'-esque collection of videos and I just had the urge to share it.

I kind of had doubts setting up a seperate thread for this Youtube series, but I think it deserves some notice from people. Particularly from people that enjoy horror things.

'Marble Hornets' is basically a 'real' collection of clips taken whilst the filming of an indie movie that was never made. After the creator starte acting really strange, a college friend asked for the recordings he'd made. From there, he started watching through the tapes and began to post up anything out of the ordinary on them.

Nooow, I'm a person that gets scared by movies really easily. Hell, even Signs gave me nightmares (cough) - But this Youtube channel has made me lose sleep in some cases. But for some reason I couldn't stop watching them. Something about them is so intriguing...

I just thought I'd post this up here to get more people into this thing. It goes without saying to watch them from entry 1 onward. Just click on the video and sift through the channel, you'll find it.

I hope you like. c:
  2. Dsc Green Slime

I'm a very easily scared person, but I'm also a curious one, so I'll watch these and hate you for it :p
  3. MysticBlackie Green Slime

This is either an extremely long, drawn out, well-done horror show or something very strange is going on.

I'm not really sure what to make of this. Whatever it is, it freaks me out though.
  4. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

Just another Creepypasta. And a pretty bad one in some spots (Especially ones with other "Characters"). If they removed the entries with other people in it, it'd be more believable.
  5. MysticBlackie Green Slime

I think the entries that had the "real footage" makes it more believable. The bad acting between the guy and the girl on the deck with "Alex" stressing out on them makes the footage of Jessica in the hotel spazzing out a little more real.
  6. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

No, I think it makes it even less believable. The Gazebo scene was the turning point for me. After that I just facepalmed through the rest.
  7. agentknife Green Slime

Aren't these the people that did the creepypasta for slender man?
  8. Kelp Moderator

It seems good - but creepypasta really doesn't work on me at all. Also, goddamn!! Entry #5 is annoying!
  9. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

I wouldn't be surprised. Slender Man was creepy back in the day. This.. this seems like a bunch of kids riding on the popularity of said creepypasta =P.

EDIT: Marble Hornets can be found listed under Slender Man in Know Your Meme. Therefore it is debunked.

Here's an excerpt from the Slender Man Wiki:

That seems very similar to the suited man in the movie and the paranoia of the main character.
  10. Filthy Dark Caster

I read once that it is focused around the 'lore' of The Slender Man. There's a site focused on the theories behind the videos. In this case, the man is known as 'The Operator'.
  11. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

I've read about the mention of the Operator, but what's the point of "Lore"? The entire thing of Slender Man was created by one man on Something Awful. There is no lore =P.
  12. Filthy Dark Caster

... I just like the word 'lore'. Makes me sound smart. c:

That, and I was stupid enough to think this was some mystery from long ago. Derp.
  13. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

Lol, don't think you're stupid. Creepypasta is so believable that it's created it's own little cult following. Creepypasta is old stuff and is as old as 4chan. It's hard to tell the truth from the lies, which makes it so addictingly believable.
  14. agentknife Green Slime

I'll watch this at a friend's house so I won't be the only one scared.
  15. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

It's not scary, though the last one has "Jump" moment at the very end with the audio and the imagery.
  16. agentknife Green Slime

Jump moments are the worst man.
  17. Filthy Dark Caster

YOU LIE.

I class jumpy moments as scary. And I can remember one entry in particular that made me skin go hella cold.

I think it's #18, when he goes into his house a second(?) time.
  18. XOverUsedNameX Green Slime

Reading scares me...
  19. agentknife Green Slime

I just watched all the way to number 25 with a friend.

WHAT

THE

FUCK

So scary. I know its not real n shit but yeah, I'm pretty easily scared so I might lose sleep tonight. Haha.
  20. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

Just don't go into the forest.. The Slender man will get you..