Member Appreciation - Edition #1

Discussion in 'PC' started by kirabook, Jan 28, 2013.

1. kirabook ModMin

Untitled.png

Hello everyone! Today, we have a special feature for members of this forum that have contributed not just content, but excellent support for the forum community itself and tools for forum members like you to use. (P.S: Holiday Contest Features coming soon! We're waiting for a response or two.) Prepare for cheesy praise!

[IMG]

Tunnel King has been a member since May of last year, but has contributed more than most members of the forum. You’ll often see him helping lost souls posting in the Technical Support and In-Game Support forums. That’s not all though, you’ll occasionally see him helping out in the Mod section and the Forum Help and Feedback section. Sometimes he helps members faster than the moderators can. ;)

Next, we have Chokladkakan, a member since August 2011. Who other than Chokladkakan can say they have created plugins just to fix the many technical issues and lacking features this forum has? This local forum scientist has created a few plugins for Terraria Online that will surely cure all ails if you’re using a Chrome browser *and sometimes Firefox*. No moderator has enough skills to do what he has done, not even Dr. G33k, self-proclaimed Ph. D in geekdom.

In appreciation of their helpfulness around the forum, we have decided to feature their threads and their work around the forum. They will also be rewarded a Custom Title if they desire it. Thanks for all you do Tunnel King and Chokladkakan! If there are any members that you see being as awesome as Tunnel King or Chokladkakan and contributing users with useful tools or useful information, bring them to our attention. Every great members deserves some recognition.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Tunnel King

Check out Tunnel King's Blood Moon/Goblin Invasion Grinder. The guide is in depth and a picture of the finished product is included. A few others have posted various improvements or add ons to Tunnel King's original idea. Check it out!

grinder.png

Tunnel King also has his own mod thread HERE. Tired of meteors falling to your world and wrecking your creations? This mod will stop them in their tracks. There appears to be 2 different options, the first preventing meteors falling on the world at all and the other preventing meteors from falling on marked land.

Need more proof that Tunnel King deserves a feature? Again, just browse the help sections and you'll see how great his contributions really are to new players and people with general trouble.

[IMG]

[IMG]
    Chokladkakan

Before Chokladkakan was a plugin genius, he was known for being a wiring genius. He has created various wiring contraptions such as a Blood Moon Detector, a Reset Tower, a Crab Engine, a Binary Bunny Calculator, and a Countdown Calculator. We suggest checking all these contraptions and trying them out in your own game!

What got Chokladkakan this special feature are the amazing plugins he has created for this forum. Most recently, he has created an Augmented Terraria Online extension for Chrome and Firefox. It provides all types of improvements to the forums that the moderators can't fix for members, including fixing that pesky annoyance where all tabs read "Forums".

[IMG]

He's also created another plugin called Likes for Conversations (which is also no longer updated), allowing a group of members to like each other within a PM while not affecting the actual like count for members. And while it is no longer updated, he created a Blacklist Plugin that allowed users to ignore each other, but it is no longer needed thanks to a forum update which included the ignore feature.

Lastly, I'd like to point everyone to the amazing Forum FAQ he complied along with many other members with the intentions of reducing redundant threads and providing a general guide for all forum members alike.
  2. Kane Administrator

Congratulations :) Thanks for making this community amazing!
    Serensetti and Loki ISP like this.
  3. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

Nice work, you two!

On a second thought, we need something like Aperture Laboratories again, I thought of doing something like that (It was going to be called t-Search Facilities) but it's impossible for me to host non-LAN Terraria games because I can't access the router's settings page. The possibility of new updates, possibly with more wire stuff, is enough reason to set up something like that again.

Revive Aperture Laboratories I say!
  4. Redigit Developer

-Insert generic cheesy praise here.-
    Really though, you guys are a huge part of the community and for that I thank you.
  5. thelastflame50 Umbrella Slime

Wait..
    Member appreciation? TIME TO DO A BUNCH OF HELPFUL STUFF SO I CAN GET MENTIONED
    Nah just kidding. I'll keep doing what I do; roleplaying and writing.
  6. kirabook ModMin

First of all, this is NOT the thread for this stupid mess. I don't understand of posting such here. I'm tempted to delete it because it's so out of place and inappropriate, but that is not in my power.

Second of all, you must not visit the forums very often to have learned Red is continuing development.
    Ominethious likes this.
  7. Ominethious Bunny

good points,and terms.....i was only making a statment....and if you wish i delete it,i shall do so

sorry for my breif "unexpected Truth." that i highly doubt it will be made since they literally sold the rights for Terraria to 505.......but you may never know then.....
  8. kirabook ModMin

Klokinator likes this.
  9. W1K Suika Ibuki's CYAN Knight

10/10 Kloki deserved his feature and why teh ehll it hasn't happened earlier. Srsly Kloki ur awsum.

EDIT: I meant chok cuz I'm so dump and a pro at confusing names <3
    Garneac and Darkercloud like this.
  10. Haylo Hornet

i see you getting appreciated in Edition #2!
    W1K likes this.
  11. MerchantDrake The cannibal Heir to the throne

Can't we get some moderators, even kane mentioned? You guys are the best at keeping this place clean.
  12. Sir8BitHero Yellow Slime

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/christmas-now-moved-the-28-1.95425/#post-1982592

OT: Good job guys, hopefully this will motivate more members to contribute to the forum!
    Redigit likes this.
  13. Loki ISP Moderator

Featuring ourselves would be completely self-serving. The purpose here is to highlight that we notice and appreciate the massive contributions made by each and every member of TO....be in add-ons in the case of Chok or just being a helping hand in the case of Tunnel King.

Now....what do YOU add to TO......maybe you will be next!
  14. [IMG] I'm really curious where this will end up. Like it so far! :)
    Loki ISP likes this.
  15. Loki ISP Moderator

Glad to see you back on TO.....and agreed. Good ideas are good ideas.....we shall see whom is next
  16. [IMG] Never left! I have always checked the forum every day, just didn't post much. LURK MOAR!

Anyway hopping to see some of the artist like Suika, Fetal, and Seiga get promoted here.
  17. Loki ISP Moderator

You never know.....

Luuuuuuuurrrrrkkkkk....

Hope you are well. :)
  18. [IMG] Nah, I ain't nothing special here. Only thing I did was win a contest ages ago and plenty remember the controversy behind it. XP
  19. Loki ISP Moderator

Pfffft. Jealousy is an ugly monster.

[IMG]

Still, this thread was long overdue - thanks Kira! :cool:
  20. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

Damn, those are two really good picks. Congrats to them.
    Garneac likes this.