Messiah's ''Cleaned Up Terraria'' [TCCL][MUSIC]

Discussion in 'Released Texture Packs' started by Messiah, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Messiah Green Slime

[IMG]

Hey there :)

My first post here, but I thought I would let the community know I'm working on a (not so spectacular) new texture pack. My overall goal is to clean up the basic terraria textures and give them a bit more smoothness without destroying the feel of pixel art and it's Terraria-nish.

The texture pack will be done soon, but here's a few examples so I don't leave you guys thinking about what I mean. I hope you like it, though.

Also, my bigggest hobby of all is producing music. So I will try to remake the standard terraria music and change it up a bit. My plan is to also add alot of NPC variations in small shapes and different colors.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

SCREENSHOTS
    (zoom in on the images to see the difference, check out the ores & tiles)
    Show Spoiler

BEFORE:
    [IMG]

AFTER:
    [IMG]

BEFORE:
    [IMG]

AFTER:
    [IMG]

DOWNLOAD
    [download link coming soon]

INSTALLATION

[IMG]

1. Get TCCL here!
    2. Download the texture pack
    3. Extract and put the folder in the custom content folder located in your Terraria folder.
    4. Run Terraria by using the TCCL launcher!
    5. Enjoy!

Anyways, let me know what you think about it :)
    And go easy on the new guy would you :p
    Suindere, Mab0r0shi, Blue Lit and 5 others like this.
  2. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

I approve this and was waiting for something like that a long while ago !...You deserve a medal my friend I realy like smooth things and now I see smoother terraria texture pack raising in a future ! AWSOME !:)Oh...and when your'e done creating this please show me some screenshots ingame with that texture pack:p.
    Messiah likes this.
  3. Messiah Green Slime

So glad you like it Mantas! Screenshots coming up in a few hours I think, once I'm done with most of the tiles and stuff. As of now all the NPC characters have been done, including the mobs, excluding gore lol.

Thanks alot :D
  4. Voyager Face Monster

NPC variations would be great!
    I love the music in Terraria though and I think it would be real hard for anyone to top it.
    Messiah likes this.
  5. daleksax Bone Lee

I like what I see! Mild changes, but yet noticeable enough where it doesn't loose the terraria feel which is something a lot of texture packs have trouble executing. I will be looking forward to the release and can't wait to see more!
    Messiah likes this.
  6. Classikly Frankenstein

Everything looks very.. glossy. Not bad!
    Messiah likes this.
  7. Space Sphere Fire Imp

I'd like it if you made the NPC eyes a little taller, they look like they're squinting
    Messiah likes this.
  8. Messiah Green Slime

Yes, I'm actually working on that right now, I was thinking about doing that anyways haha :)
  9. daleksax Bone Lee

Do you think you could give use some in game pics soon so we can see how the textures look in game?
  10. Messiah Green Slime

Sure thing, was about to post that :D hold on, coming right up friend
    daleksax likes this.
  11. Magician Xy Hornet

Not to rain on anyone's parade... is this pack much different than hq2x pack or ShadowDX's pack? I mean, all of these packs look good, I just have a hard time seeing differences between the three.
  12. Messiah Green Slime

Actually, no :confused:
    I never took the time to check out most of the other texture packs. Highly similar to that hq2x one, damn.
  13. Space Sphere Fire Imp

Wow, nice progress on the presentation!

Also, I intended to add some praise as well but forgot to get around to it so...

[Insert Praise I Was Meant To Give You Here]
  14. DarkCore1967 Yellow Slime

this is simple just go through adding a median filter
  15. KUNGFU8BIT Green Slime

Can't wait!! XD
  16. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

When I saw screenshots a couple seconds ago I was like:
    -Wow that's blury,but it's very faboulus :D !
  17. Matt64091 Demon Eye

I'm so excited for this to come out. *mind blown*
  18. DarthNihilus Slimed Zombie

will this be useful for low-end PC? and i mean low :)
  19. Shadow2hel Green Slime

Hello Messiah.
    I would like to ask if I could add your texture pack to my list of texture packs.
    If I will add it to the list it will include a description (if you wrote one) name of the creators, a few screenshots and an original link for the thread.

Thank you for reading. -Shadow2hel
  20. SamothUpaw Face Monster

I don't like it. The filter you used makes everything look really herpaderped.