Mob Spawns

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by lunicuss, Nov 27, 2012.

1. lunicuss

lunicuss Eskimo Zombie

Hey there!
    I've recently decked out my Terraria with quite a few mods, and begun playing with a couple of friends...
    Suprisingly (No offense to Surfpup - We have many, many mods), it has been running smoothly. The reason this post exists is because, well, we're lacking mobs. Barely any are spawning.
    I'm currently running the brilliant TConfig 0.27.2, with the following mods:
    Sap874's Alchemy
    Arkhalis' Dynamic Difficulty
    Eikester's Furniture
    Eikester's Wallpaper
    Deadwindshadow's Jewelcrafting
    Zoodle's Necro Mod Pack
    MiraiMai's Never Enough Devices
    Obsidian's Mod
    Classikly's Pickaxe+
    Yoraiz0r's Races of Terraria/Holoraces
    Surfpup's Portal Mod
    So, I ask, do any of the said mods decrease spawn rates?
    Also, is there a way to increase spawns, or maybe a mod to do so.
    Thanks for reading this far!
    -Lunicuss

2. MiraiMai

MiraiMai Hell Bat

This is actually a multiplayer problem I believe, possibly due to tConfig. I find in multiplayer, enemies spawn much less frequently. I'm not sure if this is a lag issue, or what, but I experience the same thing even if all I do is play single player with "Host and Play". The spawning tends to pick up after the game has been loaded for a few minutes, at least for me, but I don't remember it getting back to the rate from single player. There were quite a few updates to NPCs in the newest version of tConfig, although not all the mods you're using have been updated for it yet.

3. Shockah

Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

That's your problem.

4. lunicuss

lunicuss Eskimo Zombie

Thanks for your help!
    I gather there is no way to fix this, save waiting it out and playing after like 10 minutes?

5. Shockah

Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

Update tConfig. Problem solved.

6. MiraiMai

MiraiMai Hell Bat

Again, if I'm right. 0.27.2 did have some new NPC spawning code that messed with things a little, so you might be stuck with it until mods update, but patience might be your best answer right now, yes ^-^;;

Not all of his mods have been updated to work with the latest tConfig, the main one I see having issues is Never Enough Devices, which I know doesn't work quite right yet, as I'm working on it still :p

7. lunicuss

lunicuss Eskimo Zombie

Yep! I'm probably going to wait for Never Enough Devices to be updated before I update TConfig.