TConfig [MP Supported] Holoraces - Races on Terraria!

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Yoraiz0r, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

The mod has been re-released in a brand new update, GO SEE IT!
    OLD (open)

This has been last built for [tConfig 34.1] , Do not use an earlier version!

This works with multiplayer too!
    Introduction
    Hello Everyone.......
    Yorai here!
    Remember that time yesterday where I showed a teaser about races...yeah..........I'm releasing it.....
    Holoraces , Complete with a Holoscroll! :p

Credits go to Omnir , Kjulo and Phlebas for their TON of help around the sprites of this mod , I seriously wouldn't ever've gotten to release it without their help , thanks guys!
    (also thank you MiraiMai for constantly harassing me on my grammar)

Description
    Not much to say here <------lies.
    This mod adds Races into terraria , and I'm not talking about races where you run , I'm talking about the races that make up our culture (no , not the Olympics) , these biological things that make up the body as it is and lets us differentiate between Humans and non-humans........and boy how many of these I have here.....

The mod adds 4 new playable races into the game , and enhances the original one , Humans to fit.
    Note , the mod makes the game easier in many ways for every race , and there is no penalty for any of them! <-- unbalanced , you decide if you want to use it , this is not my problem.

What Does This Mod Do
    This mod adds exactly 1 item into the game , the Racial Holoscroll.

Racial Holoscroll
    [IMG]

The Item is generated into any newly created character , and otherwise can be obtained by using the cheat menu I have in my signature.
    If you want to get one on an already made char , you can always just make a new character , throw the item out somewhere , and pick it up with your current character.
    Also , if you have the Holotailor mod installed and enabled , a free holotailor will be given to you with the holoscroll! :)

The Racial holoscroll , when used , opens up a menu for you to select races with.
    It will initially display a list of race names , telling you to click on any of them to watch their description and data.
    When you press on any of the race names , you will be brought to to another interface which prints out some nice flavor text about the race , with an option to translate it into 'what does this race actually give me' , and asks if you if you want to be this race.

Each race has a vast amount of features , some feel like more then other , and some are better for endgame then the rest , but here's what I did to them in a nutshell

Human : Overhauled with a permanent fairy , a very high rate of health and mana regeneration , shortened potion cooldowns , improved invincibility time after hit , and the power to respawn on max mana and health after death.

Neko : Cat-like race , complete with ears and tail , colored based on your eye color (which you can change with holotailor), They get reduced mana costs , increased magic damage and magic crit chance , they never take fall damage and have permanent thorns potion and nightvision on them , they have no horizontal speed limit and have doubled basic speed as well. (stares at W1k)

Bangaa : Lizard-like race , with unique eyes and a tail as well , They have the ability to swim in water , moderately increased melee attack speed , damage and critical strike chance , they jump higher then other races and their jump height scales with the movement speed multipliers , They also get bonus melee critical strike chance and melee damage bonuses when they attack while moving.
    (the bonus scales with how fast you currently move , its really fun to put the mouse over an item and walk , you see the bonus added realtime xP)

(god , excuse me for the lack of lore in this)
    Irken : Insect-like race , with unique eyes and antennas on the top of their head , They are an explorer race that benefits from things such as the ability to stay under water 4 times as much as the other races , permanent +5 defense , immunity to poison debuff that is usually given from dart traps , and several special effects when underground and over 75% HP , such as nightvision , the ability to see enemies even in full darkness (hunter potion) and when at rocklayer , passive gravitation control.

Goblin : The race from the game itself , They benefit from several bonuses such as increased block placement range , immunity to bleeding or broken armor debuffs , a passive 20% chance to not use ammo , ranged damage and critical bonuses , permanent obsidian skull effects , and they can always craft as though they have a Tinkerer's Workshop beside them.

Despite the text here , I actually gave a pretty nice lore flavor text to each race inside the game , you should totally read it once(or if) you try it out.

Also fun fact : When you change your race , there's an explosion of particles to indicate that you changed a race , the explosion is different for every race , and my current favorites are the Irken's and the Neko's. :p

Some Media About It (feel free to contribute)
    [IMG]
    Neko race , notice how the tail and ears are matching the eyes.

[IMG]
    Irken race , despite having a black skin in this image , the antennas are always black , cute eys though! XP

[IMG]
    Goblin race , despite coloring myself green here you can actually get the roleplay color and act like a true goblin chieftain :p

[IMG]
    Cowah from teh Bangaa! this race is so awesome with its smooth animated tail xP

[IMG]
    Example of flavor text , featuring the Irken.

[IMG]
    Example of data text , featuring the Irken again.

So Where Can I Get It???
    Download is attached to the post, built for tConfig 34.1

Attached Files:

2. lambo Illuminant Slime

Looks good, I'll try it when I next can.
  3. W1K T3rr4r1a W1k1

This is motahflipping gold.
    Yoraiz0r likes this.
  4. Arkhalis Eskimo Zombie

Holy crap Yorai....
    Not much to say here <------truth.
    Speechless...
    NeonJ and Yoraiz0r like this.
  5. Cpreo Yellow Slime

irkens a bi overpowered
  6. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Also , the gravitation control bonus to which I assume you're referring applies ONLY in rock layer (that is , not hell , not dungeon , not brown layer)
    There aren't any often areas with high ceiling where this thing proves to be too much, and I think it gives the feel of bugs crawing on the ceiling :p
    Axe Garian and Mr.Bear like this.
  7. Arkhalis Eskimo Zombie

Shameless plug! Sorry Yorai!
    If this mod makes the game too easy, try using my Dynamic Difficulty mod to make it harder! (If you want me to delete this I will, testing compatibility right now)
    Axe Garian and NeonJ like this.
  8. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

feel free to keep posting it on all of my threads =P I don't deny the OP factor all of my mods offer!
    I AM OP AMONGST LANDMINES! @~@
    Axe Garian, Mr.Bear and Arkhalis like this.
  9. Sapharan Eskimo Zombie

An offtopic question: Is this a Lets-release-awesome-mod Day, or what the heck is happening?
    lambo and NeonJ like this.
  10. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

huh? elaborate on your issue please?
  11. Sapharan Eskimo Zombie

Well, not an issue really, but i just happen to take a peek on the forum from time to time today, and every time i take a peek, i see cool update, or cool new mod, while normaly i see update or new mod after a week or month ;p
  12. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

If you read the 1st paragraph of the holotailor I explained the reason for that =o
    I'm leaving teh modding career in 3 days ^^;
    Axe Garian likes this.
  13. Arkhalis Eskimo Zombie

What Yorai REALLY meant is "I am taking a hiatus from teh modding career in 3 days"
    While I completely support your life choice! The Army is both a great choice and a great career if you make that of it. However, once a modder always a modder. You'll be back to your old shenanigans eventually!
    Axe Garian likes this.
  14. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

*uhm , dat's sorta mandatory in mah countreh , i dun rilly wunt it , safe meh T_T*
    Seriously though , This thread is sooooooo de-railed , xD Let's get it back on track.
    ugh.........did anyone actually -try- these races out yet , rather then just staring and saying 'n1'?
  15. dookie4455 Yellow Slime

Y0rai i love your work so much! ugh if only you worked on PASE or Re-skilled more! x.x (or some other totally kick-ass mod that adds all these shiny neat custom scripts)

also, is there a way to turn that human fairy on/off?
  16. Arkhalis Eskimo Zombie

I actually have 3 people on my server right now using these races - We haven't encountered any bugs yet. I'm playing Human and the other two are playing Irken and Neko. My lady loves the Neko, mostly cause she loves to say HaHa! I'm faster than you!...

I'll let you know if I see anything. Currently have Holowires, Holotailor, Holoraces (Races of Terraria), DW TAO2, Dynamic Difficulty, and a few kludged items from a few different mods on (Mostly W1K's items and whatnot)
  17. NeonJ Dark Caster

Haha, this is awesome. I'll try it out, see what I think.

Though I'll probably edit them all to make them more balanced (I hate things that are imbalanced >.<), and of course add elves.

As a great Kodaichi mod once said.. "WTF is a Neko?"
  18. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

*uhm* you seem to like bringing offensive criticism and not read red text in threads.

And the mod IS balanced but NOT for terraria's usual balance , balance means that everything stands at equal level , and this equal level is a level of ease! >_<
    Axe Garian likes this.
  19. NeonJ Dark Caster

Well, I specified that I was gonna edit em for Terraria-balance. I didn't say I was gonna force anyone to edit them, and I know from the start that they're not balanced to the rest of the game. I was just gonna edit em myself for my own use. (I do that with quite a few mods.)

Stop assuming things that are wrong. I did read the text, which is the first thing that informed me that I should edit them for my own use, actually.
  20. Arkhalis Eskimo Zombie

Bug Find - GET!

Yorai, I know this has something to do with maximum movement speeds... Play a Neko and equip your Gravity Disruptor

The bug should be relatively obvious lol
    Axe Garian likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.