Multiple servers

Discussion in 'PC' started by nachomeep, Jan 30, 2013.

1. nachomeep Zombie

Can you have multiple servers with different threads?
  2. Paringo Green Slime

You mean each server has its own thread?
  3. nachomeep Zombie

4. Paringo Green Slime

As long as the multiple servers run simultaneously I don't think this would be a problem. However, unless you're renting each additional server from a host, each server is going to suffer with exponentially worse quality every time someone joins a different server.
  5. nachomeep Zombie

Not from a host. Not simultaneously, one goes down, other goes up.
  6. Paringo Green Slime

Then I'd say no. Its running from the same IP, so it is considered the same server. However, this is a mod's decision to make.
  7. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

You can run multiple servers simulaneously as long as you give a different port for each. I guess it's not considered the same as long as the port is different.
  8. Paringo Green Slime

That's not what is being asked. He's talking about threads in the forum. And the exponential worsening is referring to this.
  9. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

Oh, those threads. I totally got it wrong then. Oh well.

[IMG]
    Paringo likes this.
  10. Paringo Green Slime

What is the other kind of thread? o_o I must know everything.
  11. W1K The actually real Suika Ibuki

12. Paringo Green Slime

Oh! Thank you!
    W1K likes this.
  13. Loki ISP Moderator

Interesting scenario. If the servers are truly distinct - say, one is RP, another PVP, etc - I can see how having them all on one thread would be maddening (different populations, discussion topics, etc).

So, I'd say its situational - if you can provide details showing these distinctions and then those actually play out in reality, I'd probably say its good to go.

Do you have those details fleshed out? :)
    nachomeep and Paringo like this.
  14. Paringo Green Slime

Always can rely on Loki!
    MineZX likes this.