PC My Fellow Terrarians

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Redigit, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Redigit

Redigit Developer Staff Member

The future of Terraria has been highly debated as of late, not just with the community, but for us as well. The last year has been a crazy ride! When I started on this game, I just had a few ideas of what I thought would make a fun game. I had no idea that it would receive so much attention. I want to thank all of you for supporting us and making this game's success possible.

After a lot of internal debate, we have decided that it is time to move on. My wife and I are due to have another boy soon, and I want to spend some time getting to know him. I also want to spend the time recharging and bettering myself as both a programmer and game designer. I have learned a lot from working on Terraria and plan on using what I've learned, building upon it, and moving forward with another, even better project. However, we are still planning at least one more bug fix for Terraria.

For those that haven't already heard, Finn "Tiy" Brice has moved on to form Chucklefish and is heavily at work on an exciting new game called “Starbound”. It's looking to be a lot of fun, so make sure to check it out if you haven't already!

Thanks again for all your support, and I am very much looking forward to providing you with something much better than Terraria in the future!

2. Jderz

Jderz Green Slime

Whoa. That was unexpected. Either way good luck with all future ventures. If you really want to leave this project behind why not leave it in the hands of your fanbase? This game could live on for a long time if you decided to implement modding.

3. Tiy

Tiy Spriter

It's been an absolute amazing ride working with Redigit. And I want to be the first to wish him all the best with the new little guy and all kinds of good luck in the future.

It's been amazing

<3

jacklk, bamseper, Jacory and 54 others like this.
  4. Gmodlol61

Gmodlol61 Necromancer

WHAT? Like this? There isn't even a proper modding API D:
    Well, now what. What will be with this forum?

5. Hex server

Hex server Demon Eye

omg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that sucks

DerpyBurps likes this.
  6. Jamesw40k

Jamesw40k Green Slime

7. pipiplup

pipiplup Green Slime

noooooooooooooooooooooooooo keep making terraria please i love this game i'm so sad

jacklk, Noah410, Mr. Cool and 2 others like this.
  8. Deathwave

Deathwave Green Slime

OMG you are working with Tiy again with an epic game, again!
    Good luck guys! :p

Cyleal and TerraThunder like this.
  9. Bobrocket

Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

Oh wow! I wish you guys luck in future times! Please, red, name your son "Red Jr." you know it has to happen.
    I too hope to be a game designer/programmer, so I'm treading in the same places. I really hope you make more games! This has been a fantastic run.

TerraThunder, enunisfly and Mr.Person like this.
  10. Jaylar

Jaylar Giant Worm

Goodluck to you Red, it's a shame to see you move on to other games because Terraria has become so fond in our hearts, but good things don't last forever. I'm looking foward to what you make next. :)

dr.wadsworth and darkstarzx2 like this.
  11. Panan

Panan Green Slime

Welp. Fuck. And I just finished that Hallowed Armor set.

12. Freta

Freta Green Slime

im so sad terraria is dead, i don`t believe it`s alread dead

13. Jamesw40k

Jamesw40k Green Slime

No, name him Skeletron instead! :D

14. Hippo

Hippo Clinger

:O TERRARIA IS ALREADY DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Sinister Stairs

Sinister Stairs Squirrel

I totally understand. Just looking forward to the final version of Terraria to fix as many bugs out there, and please decouple it from Steam. :)

sirspikey and nave01 like this.
  16. Bobrocket

Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

No, because when he's 95+ he'll be cursed. (until after hours >:3)

17. Dynafos

Dynafos Cursed Man

Wow... and I just started making videos about this game.... well no more updates... darn it.
    Well best-wishes with you and the child.

jumbotaters and nave01 like this.
  18. Legendsuper

Legendsuper Green Slime

TerraThunder likes this.
  19. luksaman

luksaman Cave Bat

This is not that end i wanted.

20. Rokas :3

Rokas :3 Clown

Omg terraria... it.....s dead....well... thank you redigit for making an amazing game and good luck in the future!

If anyone dosent know what starbound is have a look here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.