PC My Fellow Terrarians

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Redigit, Feb 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qbicfeet Green Slime

Good luck with your family and future career, Andrew. And Tiy, I'm sure I'm going to love Terraria 2 (aka Starbound) :)
    blumchen likes this.
  2. ethancrook99 Slimed Zombie

I'm honestly really sad... Now what happens with the forum? There goes the whole suggestions page...
    Beta and Rhopalic Coward like this.
  3. Jesterhead Green Slime

I call bulls***.

Someone earned a lot more money than originally planned.

As far as i am concerned this game was bought and i came to love for its open-ending-creative world - which also included periodically updated and increased content (long discussed and promised). Considering that, in order to achieve such updates, you need perhaps 5 working days per month it is absolutely disgusting - your offer of one final bugfix as a thank you for thousands of supporting (read: paying) customers.

Leave the game in the hands of community, release the complete coding, make the payments go to charity.

You ungrateful f***.
    Infraction has been given for this message by Tiy. Details | Feb 21, 2012
  4. Ozzy00 Green Slime

It is sad to see the game end like this, it had a lot of potential, maybe in the future you could come back to this game and develop it further (unlikely), anyways I look forward to the release of Starbound which will probably be a huge success :)
  5. GoldenPhoenix 97 Bone Serpent

To all the people saying "ZOMG TERRARIA IS DEAD NOOOOOOOO" your wrong. Terraria wont die until the fan-base it's self dies. When no one cares to make another mod map or texture pack, or even bother getting that last piece of Hallowed armor. As for Red i hope your next project goes as good as Terraria did and i hope you have fun raising your your next child.
  6. Aeynia Pixie

Actually, I see you as the ungrateful one here. Red and Tiy put a lot of time and effort into making the game what it is now, sold it for a really low price, and are now moving on. It's the life of an indie game.
  7. Mister Piranha

I agree completely, the guy needs calm down and think of other people.
  8. Lelouch Green Slime

Fuck you dude, as simple as that, fuck you.
  9. Shock Horror Fire Imp

Now I could write some monster wall of text about how I hope the best for Red, the future of the forums and everyone in them, but I won't.
    Instead, i'll leave you with a quote.
    "Why can't we get all the people together in the world that we really like and then just stay together? I guess that wouldn't work. Someone would leave. Someone always leaves. Then we would have to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. I know what I need. I need more hellos." ~Charles M. Schulz
  10. xfer9 Green Slime

Im so sad.. that this is the actual end of terraria, what happend to upcomming freatures? Alien planet, Alternate dimension, Evil worlds,enemy factions that will move into your world, and build their own city,Volcanoes,Earthquake. They would be awesome in terraria... good luck with starbound, and terraria is a great game, i wont stop playing it, but im still sad, this game could have been better, with all the awesome ideas.. i really would love to see those ideas in the game..but it ended.. atleast add the posibility of texturepacks, or make mod support.. or more stuff! im really sad about this...
  11. Surfpup Wandering Eye

Myself and the community would appreciate it if you released the source code to Terraria. Modding would make this game stay alive for quite a while, and keep the community interested in Terraria - resulting in more sales as well. The work I do with tConfig, and essentially the work involved for any Terraria mod, would be much easier with non-obfuscated code.
    Altre, Garneac, Corrupt_Humor and 7 others like this.
  12. CinnaJohn Yellow Slime

I don't really have anything to say but.... what an amazing feat you guys have achieved by just making this game and how amazing it is
  13. Rich Voodoo Demon

I really don't like that they are stopping work on Terraria before releasing proper modding tools or steam integration.

One of the main points by Re-Logic about not giving proper modding support at the start was because they believed they would be able to pump out enough content with updates so that modding would not be required. Now, you announce that you are done with the project and will only be releasing a bug fix.

This game will/would last much longer if you worked to provide one last update to provide modding tools and possible steam server integration.
  14. Aeynia Pixie

I support the release of the source code.
    A game can live many years after it's supposed death with a proper modding community.
    And with the community willing to carry the torch a ways further, it couldn't hurt, right?
  15. herotv Piranha

Well it is up to the modding community now! Good luck Tiy on your new game. Good luck Red on your kid and your new projects.
  16. Spam Green Slime

No suprise, the thing must've become a sinkhole for your income.
    Source code pls? I'd like to fuck around with it, you know, make a turn-based strategy game out of it.
    piinyouri, Corrupt_Humor and Lelouch like this.
  17. Jerks The Groom

I call sock puppet. What, are you too scared to come out and post this kind of bile under your regular account? If you're going to be an asshole, you could at least own up to it.

I must have missed the part where "free content updates" meant "free content updates until the end of time."
    Mister, blumchen and mellsbells like this.
  18. vitorsly Green Slime

Well this was unexpected...
    2 days ago atmosphir dies, now Terraria has it's days counted.
    Oh well Good luck for your projects in life and if you could please support mods before you go.
    If you do I will be a very happy person.
    If you don't I will be a less happy person but still I can't blame you guys for starting something good and not continuing it.
  19. Icepick Green Slime

Wow...

We had a good run. :) I will be playing this game forever probably, haha. Still need so much end game content.

Good luck with your new boy! Cannot wait to play your next endeavors (you AND Tiy, both)! :D
  20. AyeAye12 Paladin

Well, now only mods can really help enhance my experience of Terraria...I have to say though, the Suggestions part of the forum is kinda useless now, unless modders want to implement ideas from there to their work. However, I have never seen a mod that has a new biome though...

I really hope this forum doesn't die though...this is a great place from my fanfiction and this community is pretty much brilliant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.