My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic Megathread! (Locked)

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ChJees, May 20, 2011.

?

Do you like ponies?

Yes 117 vote(s) 26.9%
Super Yes 223 vote(s) 51.3%
Haven't seen one before 95 vote(s) 21.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hollow Green Slime

Monstrosity is spot on. Would it kill them to aim for some accuracy?

Not surprising though that for the fan made stuff there are only one of those, considering that there are probably only one or two of them who made it. But damn, those are pretty awesome.
  2. Archina Dark Caster

[IMG]
    I honestly couldn't resist that one. That was the perfect time to use it.

But sill, buying stuff can always be a pain. Why? Because half the time it falls into one of these three categories:

1. There are a limited supply which run out in seconds.
    2. They won't ship to your country (damned custom swiveldrives. I want a Trixie drive so bad but they only ship to US and Canada.)
    3. They are mass produced and poorly made (meaning they don't care about you, they care about your money.)
  3. Skipper Scootaloo Dungeon Guardian

when I first saw that, my first and still valid reaction was JUST FUCKING PAINT IT WHITE! WAY TO SCREW IT UP!
  4. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

The Problem with the MLP franchise is it's like Barbie. It's a recognizable icon. Like Barbie, there's huge collectors the world over who buy these items for their collections. A drastic change in design could shock some people. I think what we're seeing now with the above.. *ahem* "interesting" pieces coming out is a mish-mash of both designs. A sort of "Test the water before diving in" approach.

Imagine drastically changing Barbie. There would be a riot. I think the similar can be said with something like the MLP universe. It's old as dirt. Dirt old. There were Cavemen Bronies for pony sakes.

I'm sure we'll see some of the new pony designs eventually (To target the younger generation the show is aimed at) once the show becomes more mainstream. Right now the show just ended its first season. I'd love to see some of the new pony designs. Especially plushies (Fluttershy Plushie & Rarity Plushies pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee).

Here's hoping Hasbro catches on.
  5. Skipper Scootaloo Dungeon Guardian

Sonic rainboom of ADORABUBUBUBU

I would buy thirty rainbow dash plushys and 25 twilight sparkles and 10 of every other charecter in the franchise, then donate the extras to good will.
  6. LaughingMan Green Slime

The various companies that flood anime cons with knockoff plushies should get right on this. There's money to be made right here. Perhaps the rash of recent awful sort-of-mainstream reporting on "bronies" will kick them into awareness.
  7. Bloodglory Slimer

Or send me some instead of Goodwill?
    Just saying.
  8. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

I want so many Fluttershy / Rarity Plushies that they touch my ceiling!
  9. Skipper Scootaloo Dungeon Guardian

Donate to unfortunate children... make DJ happy....
    CHILDREN ARE CUTER.
  10. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

You're going to get a barrage of cutey pie Fluttershy pics now. Run away while there's still time!
  11. Skipper Scootaloo Dungeon Guardian

oh, crap.

I AM SORRY, THREAD! PREPARE FOR IMPACT! FLUTTERRAGERS INCOMING!
  12. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

[IMG]
  13. Bloodglory Slimer

Donate to me and I will send you a nice letter and a picture of the child you have helped. (Me)
    jojinator likes this.
  14. Archina Dark Caster

Do we also receive weekly updates and pictures on how you are doing and a free* DJ toy? Just like the animal packs?

*free if you donate.
  15. Bloodglory Slimer

You can get the updates if you want it will most likely be -
    Update 1 : Ponies
    Update 2 : Ponies

I'll can include update pictures if you want me to scare you.

And no, no toy.
  16. Skipper Scootaloo Dungeon Guardian

I would also buy 30 lunas and 25 Dj's, cuz they SO CUTE!
  17. Rockrurr Green Slime

It appears that merchandising is the current topic of discussion.
    Yes, accurate pony plushes would be amazing. I know I've seen one floating around somewhere, but it's a unique... ah well, can always make one if it comes to that.
  18. Mistress Rarity Nightmarity

I sow as well as I paint my finger nails. That is to say, very badly =(
  19. Archina Dark Caster

Okay. I just realised that they DO make Plush Ponies. But they look Hideous.
  20. Bloodglory Slimer

KILL IT WITH FIRE!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.