New ANNOYING ORANGE, BEN 10 and other shows announced by CN!

Discussion in 'Books, Music, Movies, & Television' started by RayTWB, May 6, 2012.

1. RayTWB Yellow Slime

Okay, so Cartoon Network has officially announced a LIVE-ACTION Annoying Orange TV show starring YouTube's greatest comedian, Toby Turner who will be playing the role of the only human on the show (he's a mad scientist who talks to fruit.)

Also, a new Ben 10 series has been announced and it's called BEN 10 OMNIVERSE. It will have Ben in a new character design that pays homage to the original, plus he will still have his whole arsenal of aliens to battle with.

Read more from the source: http://cloudflare.broadwayworld.com...artoon-Networks-ANNOYING-ORANGE-20120418.html
  2. Jeckel Moderator

Wow, that all looks... just horrible. If they are going to keep making these ridiculous live action shows, then they should at least stop calling it the CARTOON Network. Not that they make any good cartoons any more.

Annoying Orange? They didn't need to add the word Orange, Annoying would have been a fitting enough name for yet another youtube hack being put on tv because out-of-touch tv execs think that page views should/can be translated directly into ratings and therefor profits.

Nick Cannon Sketch Comedy Series? If you want to know how bad this will be, just go watch Justin Beaver on the new Punked or that horrible blackass want-to-be show Loiter Squad on what used to be the Adult Swim portion of Cartoon Network's schedule.

Still more Ben 10? Perhaps I would hate this show less if the number of things he could turn into didn't rhyme with his name. I have always gotten the impression that you could just as easily have made the character Sam Seven, Phil Five, or Tom Two and the show wouldn't have been any different.

And the worst for last, Beware the Batman. I really hope I don't have to explain why yet another "re-imagining" of batman isn't necessary. Especially when one of the head designers is the guy responsible for the abortion that is Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated. The guy that thought it was a good idea to add dating drama to Scooby-Doo in the form of Shaggy/Velma and Fred/Daffiny relationships should have rocks hurled at him, not be put in charge of re-ruining batman. I'll just quote a few lines that I think make my point. First, "with backup from ex-secret agent Alfred", because, you know, Alfred isn't already a highly developed character with real, believable motivations, he needs to be a super-cool, badass, ex-secret agent! Second, "deftly redefines what we have come to know as a Batman show", and since we've come to know a batman show as interesting and awesome, you're going to redefine that? I can believe that. I'll check the show out when it is released and save my final judgement for then, but right now I have no hopes for this being any good at all. I suggest batman fans go watch, or re-watch, Batman: The Animated Series from the 90s, after that there is no need for any other batman cartoon.
    Vinyl Luck TTX likes this.
  3. Cjimmy99 Blazing Wheel

Oh dear God... The Annoying Orange? He's gotten his own TV show? That means... Anyone can be on a reasonlessly popular TV channel no matter how bad their videos are! No, that's horrible! TV just got a whole lot worse...
    Battle Kid likes this.
  4. Darkas-Pony Blood Crawler

I feel bad for this generation, honestly.

I'd damned if my son (When I have one) watches that. I will be sure to put some Dexter, Johnny Bravo and all those good 90's cartoons.
    Kelp and Twi like this.
  5. Razor Knight Icy Merman

Ben 10. Good first season. Then it became Pokemon. "GOTTA OMNITRIX'EM ALL!"

And it doesn't help I hate retcons and the second Ben 10 series and above have enough retconning to be able to turn Ben into Tony Stark with just a few more "plot twists ignoring the past" chapters here and there. Hey, they ass-pulled his cousin into an alien (and hooked her with Levin,) didn't they?
  6. Battle Kid Blazing Wheel

Screw watching Cartoons! Read some Manga instead!
  7. Sokina Lady in Red

*Stopped reading at "Annoying Orange in his own TV Show"* Once upon a time I stumbled upon Nick. And it had the Fred Show on it. Needless to say, I didn't think about changing the channel. The first thought in my head was the TV had to go off. Now.

Do kids these days just have to have a bunch of annoying ass sound effects in a show to appeal to them?

Annoying Orange: No.
    Nick Cannon Sketch stuff: Not holding my breath on.
    Dreamwork's Dragons: "Good movie, let's do a series about it."
    Lego...cartoon: "People liked the other Lego Cartoon. Let's do another Lego cartoon."
    Ben 10: I really don't even know what's happening here anymore. There was Ben 10...then...2 movies 3 other series and DVDs and shit.

Just cause it was mentioned up there, Loiter Squad did some shit that I actually laughed at. Problem is, it's either a home run or a strikeout. Good or awful. I can't really find a middle ground. Still better than Tim and Eric and (You guessed it) tons of annoying random, ear piercing sound effects.

I've been barking up the "Cartoon Network = Live Shows?" tree for years now. They have either bad cartoons or crappy live action stuff. Let's just see what is on CN, on the TV Guide Channel. I'm willing to bet 3/3 shitty shows. Oh, we got Johnny Test, Almost Naked (What the hell is this?) and The Looney Tunes show (Which I actually like)

TL;DR: RIP good stuff of our childhood.
    Battle Kid likes this.
  8. Razor Knight Icy Merman

CN is going the MTV way. I give it a year or two more before the cartoon/anime to real actor crap ratio is "one toon for every dozen shows" and then it will get worse.

*Old man's tale.* Believe it or not, when MTV started it was about music videos. Not about horribly acted "reality" shows 24/7.
  9. Kelp Moderator

Annoying orange is a no-go for me, although the fact that Toby will be in it may be a good thing.

Ben 10, why was it called Ben 10 in the first place? I always presume it was because the Omniverse had 10 different transformations. How many are there now? I'd be much more excited if they confirmed re-airs of the older shows like Johnny Bravo, Super duper Sumo's, Jimmy Neutron, Dexters Laboratory and all the like.
  10. Sokina Lady in Red

What the hell is a music video anyway? Is it that song that plays when a new show is starting?
  11. VileShit Green Slime

The past generations said the same shit about your shit, you fucking hypocrits.
    If you go watch kid shows, you're fucked up anyway.
    Infraction has been given for this message by Sokina. Details | May 7, 2012
  12. Razor Knight Icy Merman

I lost count at twenty. But they ended the first season with (not counting the Ben Ten Thousands side-arc in the future) at least fifteen different monsters.

But the thing was, in the first season the monsters were different. The teen Ben's been getting just fusions of old monsters, not counting Alien X (who is a 99.9999% useless Sailor Moon) and last time I bothered watching, I was like "oh wow, a monster who clones itself and eats anything! Hadn't seen something that original since last time he got an alien with either power!"

... Nowadays? Yeah, that pretty much is it, if only because I've seen what nowadays' music videos are like. "Hey guys, I can't sing worth shit, so I'll just show off my T&A for three minutes while lipsync'ing instead!"
  13. RayTWB Yellow Slime

It's a good thing I'm in the Philippines.
    We have no live action sh*t here. Everyday we have 2+ hours of old Tom and Jerry reruns, Johnny Test about 3 times, Courage, Looney Tunes, Gumball (although some of you might think that's bad), Adventure Time, Looney Tunes... Chowder... Looney Tunes...
    One of the very few reasons I like my country: CN is not too screwed up.
    Battle Kid likes this.
  14. Godzillan Green Slime

I don't really watch CN anymore, I mainly just watch Boomerang but I facepalmed so hard I fell out of my chair when I saw Annoying Orange is being turned into an actual TV show.
  15. piinyouri Lava Slime

As long as a few select shows stay on the air they can play a sit-com featuring meme characters for all I could care.