New Content Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Console' started by 505Games, Jan 23, 2013.

1. 505Games

505Games 505Games Staff Member

Hi everyone,

We've got news! News on new content to be precise!

Check out our latest trailer here and tell us what you're most looking forward to!

:)

Sandro, nateotter, DaftMemo and 13 others like this.
  2. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Well Played , 505 , I shall now start photoshopping the heck out of everything in order to speculate on the new content better.

Omnir, Tycholarfero, Jojiro and 3 others like this.
  3. W1K

W1K Spambot

Pretty nice trailer as always. What really cathches my eyes is the new boss (because bluh everyone I love bosses). By looking at it's shadow, it seems like a sort of giant Corruptor, or a giant Devourer's head. I wonder if the actual mushrooms biome is related to the boss as it is shown along the boss's shadowed sprite in the trailer. About the "new contents", for now I just see recolors. And recolors are boring, bluh. The new "pets" instead are pretty interesting regardless.

Jimi, bamseper and PoroCYon like this.
  4. NSwa

NSwa Slimer

I'm very Jelly of console users

DaftMemo and Cricket like this.
  5. m4sterbr0s

m4sterbr0s Mouse

I'm looking forward to that final boss!

505Games likes this.
  6. ranman

ranman Squirrel

AWESOME!....I don't care what some people say....I got my moneys worth out of terraria on PC....and I will be getting this on day one and probably play it more then the PC version....I have always been more of a console player.

DaftMemo, ahamling27 and 505Games like this.
  7. ChippyGaming

ChippyGaming Wandering Eye

And I'm sold. I want this game! I bought my Elgato GameCapture HD last night for £126 and I'm ready to post HD coverage of the game when it is released! :)

8. Yoraiz0r

Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Speculated content includes......

-3 new armor sets and 3 new weapons , and 2 new ammo kinds (arrows)
    -Set #1 features a stronger green+purple jungle set that is recolored , followed by a recolored excalibur to match.
    -Set #2 features a purple mage's robe , purple recolored plumber pants and a purple mythril hood with red eyes , followed by a newly sprited red recurved bow , with red arrows and blue flame on them (applies cursed green flames for some reason?)
    -Set #3 features a recolored cobalt shirt into baby blue , recolored adamantite mage hat in the same color , and cobalt pants as well , with a purple/pink crossbow with spikes , that shoots out arrows with spore-like dust (and for some reason the player fights the skeletron when holding it , early game set?)

-vampire miner npc
    -Pet Blue Slime (same logic as pet bunny , uses different dust , for rocketing)
    -Some new blue orb item with white reflections of light (probably the item that spawns the slime)
    -A greenish demon npc in hell
    -A red-toned zombie npc , no difference in logic by the looks of it.
    -A black whale npc (some logic as shark)
    -An orange dinosaur Skull npc (found in dungeon , probably same logic as antlion by the looks of it)
    -Man eater npcs on jungle surface
    -Dragon Hornet NPC
    -Pet Baby Hornet (hornet seen not damaging the player via collision and not staring directly at it , just an assumption)
    -An ArchWhyvern (green reskin of whyvern , looks ugly imo)
    -A guinea pig pet? x.x

(btw , to whoever feels like it , it seems as though modding this entire content in wouldnt take much work , most of the stuff are recolors with a bit of new spike garnishes)

Omnir, Cricket and Shockah like this.
  9. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

Haven't watched yet.

Reskins seem accurate via earlier screencaps.

Not ideal, but hey, better than nothing. ;)

How will these enemies be triggered? Harder hard mode?

I'll have my usual list o questions once I watch it. Will post here and on Q&A thread. Speaking of which, I'd advise everyone to use that thread for questions - 505 does check there and answers with some frequency.

Alternatively, just send them to me and I'll insure they are seen.

More later.

EDIT: ok, it's later...first thoughts:

Same question as above on triggers
    How will let's be acquired? How many are there? Do they have any function beyond cosmetic?
    New boss is called a FINAL boss. Until now, there was no such concept. How does this work?
    Any plans for new decorative or building items/blocks?
    Are all enemies reskins? If so, new dynamics or AI?
    Same questions on new gear.
    Will there be any new buffs or debuffs? Potions?
    Enhanced npc functionality? New npcs?

Will post these and any others I get to Q&A shortly - and I still have my existing list 505 folks. :)

Initial reaction: I want to go home and play Terraria. I want to play this with my console friends. The multi seems pretty smooth. The trailer is very nicely produced - and I hope the game delivers.

Then, next time folks mention 505 they won't bring up fashion adventure, they will bring up Terraria.

Oh and red has to be fired up..... ;)

Yoraiz0r likes this.
  10. PowerCosmic

PowerCosmic Werewolf

I wish I could drop Microsoft points right now and pre-purchase it.

Loki ISP likes this.
  11. AaronC

AaronC Spriter

In my opinion the new content would be much better if they weren't all just recolours, but at least the new final boss appears to have a unique/altered sprite.

Sam likes this.
  12. PowerCosmic

PowerCosmic Werewolf

That's making the assumption that we've seen all of the new content.

13. Loki ISP

Loki ISP Moderator Staff Member

It's all new to the target audience of console users.

Even if we have seen it all - new co op partners, new controls, the map, and new stuff to fight and collect is a pretty damned solid start.

Definite buy for me unless the demo controls are just terrible.

14. W1K

W1K Spambot

Let's pretend recolors are not a shame for the eyes regardless of being "all the new contents" or "just a few".

Dark and Light likes this.
  15. dragonlolz

dragonlolz Lava Slime

F*ck the PC version, im buying the Console version

but if Red or a modder adds this to the PC, F*ck the Console

16. PowerCosmic

PowerCosmic Werewolf

I'd have to pretend to really care, first. :cool:

New content is just icing on the cake, and whether or not some or ALL of it is a recolor makes 0% difference to me, because the game will not only have a new feel to it playing it with a controller, but new experiences with friends who otherwise wouldn't have played the game on Steam. That, IMO, is the most important aspect of this port.

ahamling27 and Loki ISP like this.
  17. kucharz508

kucharz508 Green Slime

Hey there 505, nice trailer. Any news on the relase date of the final product, and the demo ? Also, will the demo be coming out before full version, with it, or after ?

18. MrCreeper123125

MrCreeper123125 Hell Bat

OMG! Can't wait when it comes out!!! :eek:

19. W1K

W1K Spambot

I agree.

Except we are talking about new contents and their quality.

Let's pretend I shouldn't really care as I will not buy it at all, but there is a sort of rule in the modding forum, "if it does not have the Terraria feel or it's a copy-paste, it's not a good new content", then a supposedly official patch adds recolors. All my nope. Still, we're obviously just judging by the few contents we saw so far, if it's a totally huge patch with an awesome number of original contents (which can even be recolors with interesting scripts), then it's totally fine that way.

20. Bobrocket

Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

yes yes yes yes yes yes
    and yes
    yes

505Games likes this.