New Content Trailer Released

Discussion in 'Console' started by 505Games, Jan 23, 2013.

1. AaronC Spriter

If some of us say that we don't favour the recoloured sprites then there's no reason to attack us for having an opinion. We are just suggesting that recoloured sprites don't appeal to much seasoned terraria players.

And of course not everyone buying the console version will be seasoned terraria players however a large majority of the console buyers will be people who have played the PC version before. But even still the console players would notice that only the new content consists of recolours so it would stick out quite a bit.

And I also agree with what W1K and yoraizor have been saying aswell.
  2. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

^ Trolling us on not being a troll.

Anyways , I think that so far I've only given speculation of what I see , in disregard of what I think about the new content.

Auto mining : second best feature there , should totally be ported to the PC as a toggle-able one.
    Map : best feature there , if I ever actually get my ass together I'll totally make it for the PC.
    Splitscreen : no comment.

New Pets : Not fond of the idea , that much , given that the pets seen are just vanity like the bunny.
    Note that I currently speculated 3 new pets , and the bunny was not seen anywhere around so they might be the only three - Blue slime , Guinea pig , baby hornet.

The new enemies we've seen , in case no one noticed , are found in the biomes that are not 'upgrading' into hardmode , as on the PC version as of 1.1.2.
    The Dinosaur skull heads in the dungeon , the Dragon hornets and overland man eaters in the jungle , and whales in oceans , and brightly colored (probably energized) zombies in overworld.

I like how 505 Games try to fill these areas up , although I don't like the idea of dinosaur skulls in the dungeon , unless raptors are inbound as well...

My highest doubts are regarding the arch whyvern out of all enemies , its green and uggllllllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. T_T

The new items we've seen seem utterly disappointing.
    Need I explain again how a RED arrow with a BLUE flame should not make enemies burn GREEN?
    We've not seen any new magic weapon either , which is what I honestly expected to see the most.
    It seems as though 505 Games attempt to make ranged weapons more popular with the 2 new arrow kinds (spore arrow and red arrow) and the new crossbow and bow (red recurved bow , spiky pink crossbow)
    The armors we've seen also split into 3 color themes , with what looks like the hardmode helmets for roles , I assume the green is for melee , the purple is for ranged (hood) and the blue is for magic. (mage hat)

Anyways , my overall impression is rather negative more then positive for this specific trailers , the features are perfectly splendid but the content is lacking quite a bit.

505 Games , please show us more building materials , and as a personal request , I'd like to see a boulder-spawning statue.
    connery0 likes this.
  3. Caldaminis Lava Slime

how very nice........... for console users

although if it does come to pc that would be nice very nice.
  4. MantasX12 Dungeon Guardian

Epic trailer,epic pets,epic new content,epic news,epic game ! ;)
    ahamling27 and 505Games like this.
  5. W1K abused title

You are the pro checkthetrailerout. Everyone hail our checkthetrailerout guy.

Given that, I guess they are adding the new contents in by actually giving hardmode contents to the mostly neglected biomes? If that's true, I guess they are going to also block corruption/hallow to spread over the jungle, or maybe remove the actual spreading feature completely. That would be an interesting way to insert the new contents in, not that much of exciting, but making the player re-explore the neglected biomes instead of always focusing on either hallow or corruption sounds like a good idea. Trying to add interest into those biomes was also one of the plans of my mods irnically enough, as those biomes are seriously the biggest holes in hardmode for the most.
  6. kirabook ModMin

As for the arrows Yoraiz0r, I can't say I'm very picky when it comes to magic effects, but the idea of some flames causing other things to burn different colors isn't really all that strange. I mean, it could all match, but I don't think the different colors is all that bad, as long as there's a reason for it (like the flesh of a zombie will cause it to burn a green sickly color, the purple of a corrupted bunny would cause it to burn purple, so on and so forth. I doubt this is the case, but just saying.)
  7. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

the dungeon and jungle were always safe from spreading anyways , in case you didn't notice.
  8. Drag00n Cursed Man

Hey 303....Hey......Hey.........HEEEEYYYYY

Put it back were it belongs.....ON THE PC
  9. Jojiro Hornet

The new content looks just to spice up the customization options, when they've already filled all the niches that a player might need.

Cool, but I'd hoped for biome expansions, world generation options, and the innovative stuff I've come to expect from the modding community (though of course that's died down a bit). The new content doesn't add gameplay elements as much as it requires more of Terraria's equivalent of "grinding" - finding more materials to get more customization.
  10. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Regarding the latter Kirabook , I would've said that myself if the game had any other unmatching element , however this is not the case.
    In terraria
    flaming arrows light the enemy on red , matching fire.
    cursed arrows light the enemy on cursed , green , matching fire.
    crystal bullets light the area in matching , blue color to the crystal.
    jester arrows brighten the area up as expected.

Everything that currently is seen in terraria , in terms of projectiles , fits what it looks like , this is not the case with the arrows and I think this is a flaw in the design. (and as a modder , I might say its even due to laziness with the lack of blue flame particles and 505 not wanting to add one , but I'd give them the benefit of doubt.)
  11. W1K abused title

Actually jungle isn't completely. Corruption can spread over mud and jungle grass even if slowly. I had a case where our world's jungle (a large world) almost completely disappeared.
    Ocean isn't actually "fully safe" either, as ocean's sand generally either corrupts/hallows and if I remember well enough, that does override ocean spawns with mummies.
  12. Stackerzgame Fungi Bulb

HOLY SHIT TERRARIA IS RATED T WHAT THE FUCK THAT'S STUPID. Seriously, though that is a little funny.
  13. FreindlyPsychopath Slimed Zombie

I may be mistaken, but it seems like the final boss is Chtulhu.
  14. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Wall of Flesh was the reference to cthulu in the past actually , the eyes of cthulu being a part of it.
    the new boss seems like a mutated giant corruptor , and im sensing some mechanical theme in the air as per all hardmode bosses.
  15. Kane Administrator

Looking good.
    ahamling27 and 505Games like this.
  16. Loki ISP Moderator

I think there are some massive speculations in there. If the PC community is more than 25% of the end user base I'll be shocked. Early on, sure, we are the early adopter market segment (some of us). Past that point, not a chance. Market segmentation. Otherwise there is no reason for 505 to have ever been green lighted on this project. Yes i know that is speculative as well. Then again what would I know of marketing? If we are the vast majority, this port will be a massive commercial failure.

Console users won't know the new content, because it will all be new content to them.

I was joking about W1k being a troll of course.

Look, I'd love to have all kinds of mods and biomes and brand new crazy dimensions/weapons/npcs/etc too. Who wouldn't? Anyone EXPECTING that in what is primarily a market expansion port was always doomed to disappointment. Now....if the port is wildly successful....I'd love for 505 or Red or both to get together with the modders to get some of the best stuff into the vanilla game.

That likely only happens - if at all - with success here. Return on investment begets more investment and vice versa. The bosses at 505 dot give a shit what money Red is making....

I would have been fine with the port having been the same game with decent controls for the reasons Cosmic gave. Add in the map and I'm pleased. Re skinned enemies? Sure why not? Could be better could be worse. Like I said, it's gravy.

Just my take...
  17. Bobrocket WANTS TO PUNCH STUFF

i noticed that the console version decided to have the fading heart thing for health, which is good (quarters never really gave the full amount)
  18. Silverity Snow Flinx

someone mod everything onto PC. or else.
    i'm most looking forward to the pets and bosses.
  19. Konnakol Squirrel

Frankly, I'm probably gonna buy it just so I can play with all of my friends who can't, for whatever reason, play it on PC.
  20. NyanTarts Flying Fish

If the final boss is a worm boss, wouldn't the explosives/boulder trick be much more easier to kill and a bit cheap?