nidoran's terraria HD project/art thread

Discussion in 'Art' started by nidoran, Jan 2, 2012.

1. nidoran Cursed Man

REQUESTS ARE CLOSED FOR NOW
    i will reopen once i clear this thread up a bit.

yes, i am back.

helloooos, people of terraria online and welcome to my art thread. you don'tknow me,since i'm new here:D but here's something i've been working on for a while now:

[IMG]

several npcs, armors and weapons of terraria redone in hd! :)middle row is male/female player when starting the game, cobalt armor, adamantite armor, mythril armor and molten armor. bottom row is molten greatsword, night's edge and starfury. top row.. well,i'm sure you recognize them :D

thoughts and c&c are greatly appreciated. thanks! :)
    NeonJ, fgf111, SugarRush and 18 others like this.
  2. Shadowcrazy Penguin

please tell me you do requests for this awesome pixel art :p if so my sig has a link to a nice request I'd love to make.

if not then either way awesome sprites and goodluck with the project
  3. Suika Ibuki They traveled far

That's pretty hot.
  4. Alanbato Cursed Skull

Too bad it would be too much of a hassle to fit those in the game :/
  5. Mordale Green Slime

simply fantastic hey if ya ever do requests tell me mine will be pretty simple :D
  6. Anti-Positive The Reversed One

Have you considered making a Texture Pack? Because you should, would be amazing :O
  7. Fishbertus Devourer

Yes. Yes yes yes. You definately should nirodan. :)
    Skipper Scootaloo likes this.
  8. Maplestrip Corruptor

texture pack! Texture pack!
    Anyway, looking great there! :D Don't forget to do the shadow armor ;)
    If you would do it, I'll combine it with the molten armor and use it in my sig ;)
  9. Fishbertus Devourer

can you teach me how to make a texture pack? :p I want to make one XD
  10. Maplestrip Corruptor

I can make texture packs, and it isn't all that hard. You'll need a few programs, including a program that can use transperancy (gimp, Paint.net, etc.) I'll post a link to an important thread about that here right away :)
  11. Fishbertus Devourer

I know how to do minecraft, its just that the terraria ones seem a bit.. hard :p
  12. Maplestrip Corruptor

http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-texturepacks.39026/
    This will tell you all you need to know.
    I've once seen something on Minecraft sprites, but I don't know much about it.
    Anyway, If I may, I'll post an example:
    Zombie sprites: (open)

NPC_3.png NPC_3.png Zombies.png
    (I am using this in my own texture pack ;))
    The size of the textures of mobs doesn't matter phisicaly, but it looks odd if his head sticks out the roof. Weapon sprites can be made bigger, though small is usually more pretty. Try to keep it in the original size, as with weapons the hit-range would change.
  13. Fishbertus Devourer

Wait so if I texture zombies to be like 30 blocks high will they actually? And if the player texture is only 2x1 blocks will the hit detection still be 2x3 or will it change to 2x1?
  14. Maplestrip Corruptor

I took this into a conversation, carry on, guys :)
    Also,
    Don't worry, happens only to weaponary. ;)
  15. lambo Unicorn

You do requests? If you do tell me. PLEASE!
  16. nidoran Cursed Man

sorry for not going on for such a long time .__. time to post some more xD i only have one post lol

actually, i do :D feel free to request! i also do digital painting:
    [IMG]
    ^sucky example of my art. though i take my time when doing these xD i'm serious. it takes me ages to finish these things xD
    yeah, i'm working on something :D stay tuned! if only i could tear myself away from skyrim long enough to actually work on something xD

and for the rest of people sharing their thoughts - thank you. you're the reason i keep doing what i do :D
    Shadowcrazy and Maplestrip like this.
  17. Maplestrip Corruptor

Wow, the elf looks great! :D if that's a sucky axample of your art, I would love to see your better works!
    Anyway, I'll just post my full request here, so if you want to draw it or sprite it or something like that, be free to do so :)
    My Char.png I fight with the Fierry Greatsword and sometimes with the harpoon. My hair is white.
    Either way I'd love to see more art from you!
  18. lambo Unicorn

Okay could I have a digital painting? Or a pixel art which ever you prefer.

Okay here's my request: My character wears the robot hat with ninja top and pants. Also a bunny sitting on the hat please!
  19. deathbringer539 Blazing Wheel

Holy.. Wow those are amazing sprites... and part of a digital art.
  20. Shadowcrazy Penguin

yay please check my signature for USUAL REQUEST and there's my art request.

if you wouldn't mind....could it be possible to have both a sprite/pixel version and digital art? I ask because I love your digital art style but I've also never had a sprite/pixel version of my character so yeah....happy if I get an answer :)

but yeah there's my request if you would be so kind to do it I'd be forever greatful :)