Not spawning at bed all the time. Plus two crash reports. Please help!

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Aibhin23, Dec 3, 2012.

1. Aibhin23 Green Slime

Anyone know how to fix this spawn bug or is there a way to create a consumable item to teleport the player to specific coordinations at least? I set my spawn with a bed near the dungeon and sometimes I spawn there while most of the time I spawn back at base. Most of the time when I die in the dungeon I have to kill myself like 4 more times before spawning at the bed near the dungeon. Also I have a two crash reports I know nothing about, was wondering if anyone here can help me out with them. I use Omnir's Nostalgia Pack and a mod I made myself. My mod just rewrites all vanila armor and mobs making the game a bit harder.

This one occurs almost once an hour per person on the server. It was reported to happen completely randomly. I noticed it the most when mining but of course I spend most time mining.
    Show Spoiler

11/30/2012 9:44:15 PM
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at Terraria.Main.Draw(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)

[/SPOILER
    This one I have not seen since 11/26/2012 but it does happen every once and a while.
    Show Spoiler

System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
    at Terraria.Lighting.LightTiles(Int32 firstX, Int32 lastX, Int32 firstY, Int32 lastY)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.DrawFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at Terraria.Program.Main(String[] args)
    FreyModder likes this.
  2. Razor Knight Mushi Ladybug

You could check the Portals mod. It lets you create up to six two-ways portals per world.

I use it in my main world to be able to go from my base (in the Underworld) to the corruption, the dungeon, the jungle, the ocean, the floating islands and to the only Demon Altar left standing in that particular world.
    FreyModder, Aibhin23 and Yoraiz0r like this.
  3. Aibhin23 Green Slime

Sweet, thank you for linking that. Just what I needed.
  4. Sorya Green Slime

I'm interested in this topic as well. I have a similar problem with spawn when in MP. I am also planning to try out portal mod, for convenience and it is fine once your in game. When I tried hosting MP it would not spawn at bed, but rather at initial starting point. Which results in breaking the wood and door that I happened to have build there. Prior to finish hosting the game I get an error. Using obsidian, omnir, and w1k mod when error occured.
  5. Tunnel King Moderator

This is listed as a known bug in Surfpup's to-do list. It's in bold at the top of his list, so I assume he working on it.
  6. Sorya Green Slime

Wow, thanks for the reply. I have only been using these mods for 2 or 3 days so I thought I might have did something wrong on my end. >.<