Now that Terraria is on the verge of patch 1.2, almost 2 years after the launch

Discussion in 'PC' started by HUlk Aji, Apr 17, 2013.

1. HUlk Aji Piranha

Do you still remember the circumstances you met this game, or, in other words your first Terraria experience?

I recall joining the community 1-2 months after the removal of old cobalt armor, i couldnt see the old school sprites for the merchant and necro armor for example~

I have to say, what really got me into buying this game was the official game trailer~

every single teaser trailer Redigit managed to release since then, made me anticipate the next patch ... biting my fingernails in anxiety waiting for the update

below, my favourite teaser(and favourit terraria ost)

Bunny and TheUnrealMegashark like this.
  2. Mr.Person Moth

Ahh yes.
    I saw it on Steam, checked it out, saw the trailer and that music! One of the main reasons I bought it back then was actually because of the music. I also got the urge to explore so Terraria came at the right moment.

I'll never forget when I started it up and created my player and world for the first time.
    Wounderful feeling.
  3. W1K Another pointlessly long title with no purpose

I saw the trailer on steam when 1.0.4 and a bit before 1.0.5 was released I guess. I was all like "is this shit fucking minecraft platformer jegus christ do want" and so there I downloaded it and play'd it with some friends. Right before 1.1 I actually brought it.
    All the going around with no idea what we were doing was glorious.
    TheUnrealMegashark likes this.
  4. DrAwZuMsAuCe Green Slime

I played it first when 1.0.6 just came out and my friend was like 'Yo, bra yo gotta try dis game!'(Not literally) and I bought it, and I played it, and I loved it.
  5. Z0MG Pixelz Cursed Skull

I think I saw the first ever trailer for it before it came out and thought it looked cool. Pbat's playthrough of it got me even more excited for it, so I bought it the day it came out.
  6. darkninjx Piranha

Oh I remember waiting for 1.0.5 I was so excited :) rightfully so, it was an awesome update ;)
  7. Brodan Mouse

I remember following Seananners videos on Minecraft, and then one day as I was watching his new videos I saw one on Terraria. This game was very appealing to me and the low price of $10 has provided me with hours upon hours of fun.
  8. Xmayne Demon Eye

The first I heard of this game was on a Minecraft forum post. It was a thread about Minecraft knock-off games like FortressCraft and stuff, and then someone brought up Terraria, but said it wasn't like all of the other knock-offs. I checked out the trailer and thought it looked alright, but kind of forgot about it for a month. Then a day after the game was released, I looked at a Let's Play video on YouTube, was hooked within a few minutes, and I bought it that day.

So yeah, I've been playing since 1.0.1, I believe.
  9. Star and Moon Blood Crawler

SO... it's actually an interesting story of how I met Terraria. Anyway last summer, my older brother was going to go over to his friends house while the rest of the family were going to drive up to Gettysburg. I had a choice to go either or. I decided to go with my brother because I didn't want to be in the car for a while. While at the friends house, my brother said they were going to play Terraria, and it sounded like a fun game, and it was! I was introduced to the game, we played it for a while, and I fell in love with it. A little while later I got it on steam and hit 42 hours in about a week or so.
  10. TheUnrealMegashark Flying Fish

My cousins bugged the crap out of me, telling me how awesome it was and that I should play it. At first glance, I got the normal response, "Uh, it's just Minecraft in 2D. They don't even have the 3rd dimension, so it must make the game easier!" How wrong I was. So I began playing and I'm glad to say I was helplessly addicted.
  11. Deadpool Bone Serpent

I hate to say this but I first saw Terraria on BlueXephos' channel. :S
  12. Watchful Walrus Dungeon Spirit

Around 1.0.1 I was watching Pbat's play through and thought "O WOW LEWK AT ALL THE EXPLORIN" and everything just pointed to a really good game, which it was and still is.
    TheUnrealMegashark likes this.
  13. rubeszilla Flying Snake

I bought it in the first week of its release, not knowing anything about it at all. I think I just saw a screenshot and wanted it.

Needless to say I launched the game, entered the world and thought it was a traditional side-scrolling platformer so I headed off. Killed a few slimes, easy enough. Kept going right, thinking stuff was going to gradually level up, as they do on side-scrollers. But soon night fell and I ran into a zombie. I was like WTF? that zombie is so OP for this stage of the game! Got my arse handed to me. Exited game, went on Youtube, "Oh, fuck me, you can build a house?"

700 hours later... the rest is history...
  14. RagesTuts Demon Eye

PaperbatVG.... That is all :~~~)

But seriously I watched his terraria videos over and over. The game was just so fresh looking and it came around the time that I was getting insanely bored of Minecraft. I just enjoyed every single thing I saw... Also ended up watching the devs lp of it and I found it kinda funny watching them fail all the time :D:D

Terraria 1.1 trailer was definitely my favorite of all the trailers, there was just so much to see. That trailer just blew me away.

1.2 looks absolutely amazing and I hope they release an official trailer for it soon because i'm sure it will be the best one yet.
    MantasX12 likes this.
  15. Ianman Piranha

Oh wow....let me think. I was really into Minecraft at the time and I think I happened upon a video of Terraria on youtube. I was hooked the moment I saw it. Exactly my type of game. Exploration, resource gathering and getting cool gear. I bought it on day 1.
  16. lambo Illuminant Slime

I was into Redigits previous game which had sadly been discontinued quite a while before terrarias release. I just happened to join the old IRC chat for that game on the day the first video came out expecting to find it empty and quiet but instead a lot of people were there all discussing this new video on his channel.
    So I went and checked it out and didn't know what to think of it. So on release day I brought the game on principal having never played anything like it before and it really got me into the whole sandbox, exploring genre. So unlike most people minecraft didn't bring me to Terraria but rather Terraria brought me to minecraft.
  17. Mooninaut Cursed Man

My sister got addicted to it sometime around 1.0.4 I believe, and wanted to play multiplayer. I resisted getting it because it seemed like an addicting infinite time sink. Then, for my birthday, I agreed that if she bought me both Terraria and Darksiders, I'd play Terraria with her. This was right around 1.0.5. I didn't get around to playing Darksiders for months...

I ended up convincing at least four of my friends to play, hosted a server for all of us, and sunk hundreds of hours in to the game. Good times.
  18. Naughty Fins Devourer

Ah, old times.
    1.0.3 was the time when I first played Terraria.
    I still remember my first house, which is made of dirt :p
  19. KittehninjaDZ Dark Caster

My friend showed me it when we were still addicted to Minecraft. Well we still are but not as much, but that was like a phase in our lives during 8th grade so yeah. Since it was 10 dollars and there was the 4 pack deal, so me and 3 other guys cashed in on it. We proceeded to load it onto our Steam accounts and we just multiplayer'd that night. Aw man we were such noobs. I think this was also around the time of update.... 1.0.2? I forgot, I just remembered there was the weekly update trend, which was awesome.

I find it hard to believe this was 2 years ago. Only felt like yesterday when I created the character and world that would last me a whole summer of fun.
  20. Blackjack1000k Blood Crawler

I also got addicted hard to get away am I right

But BlueXephos only make's Minecraft vids.