TConfig Obsidian Mod V1.0 (130+ items, 45 NPCs, bosses, pets and more !)

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by Obsidian54, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Obsidian54 Blazing Wheel

So here we are : V1.0 is now out !

==========================================

Obsidian mod is a mod that intends to greatly enhance your Terraria Experiment. It adds alot of new cool, original and USEFULL items, as i'm always trying to add things that fills vanilla Terraria gameplay holes.

The mod is released in two different ways : the whole modpack (which is quite huge ^^) and seperate modpacks. I choosed to release it this way because it'll allow you to choose which features you want to add independantly. Moreover, this'll help me to maintain the mod and release bugfixes much more easily.

Obsidian Mod has been downloaded 56.000 times, and is still downloaded nearly 150 times a day.
    It features 130+ new items, 45 NPCs, 3 customs bosses, world events (meteor falls and rain), a parallel universe, 4 pets, and even more things.

Important note : Even if each package is available to download separately, i highly recommand to download the whole thing. Why ? Simply because it is MEANT to be played alltogether.

==========================================================
    Changelog (open)
    V1.2 Update (02/01/12) :
    • Parallel World :
    - The Archeologist now spawns properly,
    - Fossil Boomerang durability added,
    - Fossil Spear code fixed (now durability should works fine),
    - Fossil armor durability bug fixed,
    - Fossil Pickaxe durability fixed,
    - Durability now appears in the tooltips (but is subject to change, what do you think ?)
    - Minor code clean-up.
    - Time Portal sprite fixed
    • Custom Bosses :
    - Cave Harpy now drops Cave Harpy Feathers as they should

Older Version (open)
    V1.1a Update (27/12/12) :
    • Parallel world :
    - Fossil Pickaxe now autoswings.
    - Dinosaur Suit now properly works when worn on vanity slots.
    • Boomerangs :
    - Golden Boomerang damage increased from 15 to 17.
    - Shadow/Meteor Boomerangs damage increased from 18 o 19.
    • Rain :
    - Optimised code now implemented using X'o'Lore one.
    • Ice :
    - The game no longer crash when you kill a Yeti.
    • General :
    - For those who wanted to play with old Obsidian Mod Worlds and had the "Omnir NPC" bug that crashed their games, HEREis a fix. Just install it like a normal mod.
    - Fatal error when using a custom weapon should be fixed.
    - Fixed the insanely high rain chance (forgotten debugging feature...)

All-in-on Package
    Includes every package. Description below.

[IMG]

Parallel World Pack -SP ONLY-

V1.1 Covering video (by James Benett)

This is the biggest pack in terms of contents and coding time. This pack adds a parallel universe that you can access via the Time Portal item, normally dropped by the Dark Wyvern but in the package crafted with 25 Adamantite Bars.

The parallel world is a wide jungle covered with a jungle where meteors constantly fall from the sky. Each Parallel world instance is unique, this means that you shouldn't place any Chest or storage stuff out there, 'cause you won't be able to retrieve them if you leave the Parallel world.

The world is ruled by a dozen of new NPCs, with unique loot and items. You'll be able to craft fossil items that are basically a bit more powerful than Hallowed stuff, but have some sort of durability :
    each fossil item will deteriorate everytime you use it (Pickaxe will when you're mining, Sword when you hit a monster, and armors when you're hit by a NPC). You'll have to go to the Archeologist (a new NPC that randomly appears on the Parallel world if there's a free room) to repair your stuff. Note that the Archeologist should come to your normal world too.

You'll also be able to mine a new ore : Eternium. With Eternium Bars, you'll be able to craft very powerful end-game weaponry and armors.

Note that the balance is in beta stage and is subject to ALOT of changes depending on your feedbacks.

• New NPCs :
    - Bullfrog,
    - Caveman w/ woodstick,
    - Caveman w/ Club,
    - Caveman w/Throwing Spear,
    - Chameleon,
    - Microraptor,
    - Plesiosaur,
    - Pterosaur,
    - Raptor,
    - Rat,
    - Shield Rat,
    - Undead Raptor,

• Fossil set :
    - Fossil Sword : [IMG]
    - Fossil Spear : [IMG]
    - Fossil Boomerang : [IMG]
    - Fossil Javelin : [IMG]
    - Fossil Pick : [IMG]

- Fossil Crown : [IMG]
    - Fossil Plate Armor : [IMG]
    - Fossil Plate Greaves : [IMG]
    (Set bonus : Fire/Lava immunity)

• Eternium Set : ( [IMG] [IMG] )
    - Eternium Sword : [IMG]

- Eternium Spear : [IMG]
    (Note : Eternium spears can be thrown like javelins by using right-click. You'll always be able to retrieve your thrown spears. You can stack up to 10 spears).
    - Eternium Necklace (control Gravity, defensive buff) : [IMG]
    - Eternium Ring (life regen, philosopher's stone buff) : [IMG]
    - Eternium Cloak (no fall damages, night vision buff and some cool visual FX) : [IMG]
    - Eternium Crystal (archery buff + increase of critical ranged damages) : [IMG]

- Eternium Great Helm (increase melee damages) : [IMG]
    - Eternium Plate Mail (increase overhaul defense) :[IMG]

- Eternium Greaves (increase moveSpeed) : [IMG]
    (Set bonus : 20% increased critical strikes)

• Others :
    - Crafting items : [IMG] [IMG][IMG][IMG] [IMG]
    - Time Portal : [IMG]
    - Raptor Vanity set (grants a cool ability on right-click) :
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Boomerangs Pack
    This Package simply adds a variety of boomerangs to be crafted. They all have their own specs and effects. Old bugs (boomerangs not returning when hitting a monster) have been fixed.

- Iron Boomerang : [IMG]
    - Copper Boomerang : [IMG]
    - Silver Boomerang : [IMG]
    - Golden Boomerang : [IMG]
    - Shadow Boomerang : [IMG]
    - Meteor Boomerang : [IMG]

[IMG]

Javelins Pack

This package adds a new type of weapon : Javelins. They're basically throwing spears that can be retrieved (30% chance) when they hit the ground. They also have debuff chances when hitting a NPC, depending on their type. (e.g. Molten Javelins can cause "On Fire" debuff).

Wooden / Iron / Copper / Silver / Golden / Shadow / Jungle / Meteor / Necro / Molten Javelins.
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]

Tool diversity Pack

This package tries to add some variety in the tool diversity in Terraria. You'll find a whole new tier of Necro Tools, Meteor Tools, rebalanced Hamaxes and Hardmode Hamaxes.

Hamaxes are slower but swings, provinding better combat specs than Drills.
    Necro toolset slowly drains life when used, but are as effective as Shadow toolset.
    Same goes with Meteor toolset, but it uses Mana instead of life.

- Necro Toolset (drains life) : [IMG][IMG][IMG]

- Meteor Toolset (uses Mana) : [IMG][IMG][IMG]

- HardMode Hamaxes : [IMG] [IMG][IMG]

[IMG]

Rainy Mod
    This is probably the most criticized mod of my collection. This one adds random Rain drop on your world, possibly flooding your house if you're not carefull enough.
    The problem is this mod requires a good comp' to run smoothly, otherwise it'll lag as hell. It runs perfectly well on both of my two computers, and adds really great feelings to the game, but... use it with caution ^^.
    [IMG]

Custom Bosses Pack

This one is a bit bigger. It includes two of my three custom bosses : the Dark Wyvern and the Ultra Slime. Both are totally hand-coded and have special abilities. Dark Wyvern is supposed to be the Hardmode end boss, and Ultra slime has two forms : pre-Hardmode and Hardmode. Try them both !
    Ultra slime is spawned by using the Dark Gel item.
    Once in Hardmode, Cave Harpies will spawn in the jungle biome.
    Jungle harpies feathers allow you to craft the Mechanical feather, to spawn the Dark Wyvern.

Dark Gel : [IMG]
    Cave Harpy feather : [IMG]
    Mechanical Feather : [IMG]

[IMG]

Pets Pack
    This package adds three custom pets to help you in your adventure. To be honnest, those friendly NPCs that follow you anywhere aren't THAT usefull, even if they do damage enemies, but, hey, who never dreamt of a worm pet following you anywhere ?

To summon one of the pets (Bunny, Slime & Worm), you'll need to catch one. Simply bring an enemy NPC with less than 5 HP on a cage to obtain a summoning pet item.

[IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

[IMG]

Ice Biome Enhancement Package

This is probably one of the most advanced modpacks out there. This package adds a wide variety of NPCs, weapons, armors and tiles to the snow biome. You'll be able to make a whole house made out of Ice.
    Stats-wise, Ice items are nearly as powerful as copper ones, and are a great alternative to copper ore.
    The pack also includes a Town NPC that sells Ice & Snow blocks.
    Finally, it adds a custom boss with full hand-coded AI : the Ice Queen.

• Weapons :
    - Ice Sword : [IMG]
    - Ice Spear : [IMG]
    - Ice Bow : [IMG]
    - Ice Javelin : [IMG]
    - Ice Frozen Flail : [IMG]
    - Ice armor set :
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    - Icy Winds : [IMG]
    - Snowballs : [IMG]

• Tiles :
    - Cold Bed : [IMG]
    - Ice Clock : [IMG]
    - Ice Throne : [IMG]
    - Ice Table : [IMG]
    - Ice Chair : [IMG]
    - Icy Chandelier : [IMG]
    - Ice Furnace : [IMG]

• Other :
    - Frosty Helmet : [IMG]
    - Active Snow Brick : [IMG]
    - Active Ice Tile : [IMG]
    - Ice Wall : [IMG]

[IMG]
    Randomized Mobs Pack
    This package is one of the oldest of my collection. It adds alot of variety in your Terraria experience by randomizing the NPCs you encounter. For example, you could fight King Green Slimes, Acid Blue Slimes, etc...
    Each of these NPCs variations have their own stats and specifications, some are stronger but slower, others are more armored but with less HP... Possibilities are endless !

[IMG]

Advanced Weaponry Pack

This pack adds ALOT of new weapons and items. I wanted these items to have a real utility ingame, so there's no uber-sword or overpowered spellbook, no. Each items are dedicated to a precise role in Terraria's gameplay and try to fill some holes let by the developpers.

Some of those weapons/items are purely fun weapons, but i tried to make them as balanced as possible.

• War Hammers : War hammers are combat versions of tool hammers, and are right between swords and hammers in terms of stats. They can't break tiles, but have a fairly high knockback value, so they may be useful against specific mobs
    - Copper / Iron / Silver / Gold WarHammers.
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]

• Advanced Swords : These swords are combinations of Tiered swords with different elements. Each of these swords have special abilities and inflict associated debuff. Intrepid Sword inflicts 80 dmg minus your current defense stat.
    - Frozen Saber (Ice & Copper Shortsword) : [IMG]
    - Melting Blade (Gel & Iron Broadsword) : [IMG]
    - Corrupted Tooth (Rotten chunks & Silver Broadsword) : [IMG]
    - Starsword (Fallen Star & Gold Broadsword, shoots stars on right-click) : [IMG]
    - Intrepid Sword (Silver + Gold + Cobalt + Mythril swords) : [IMG]

• Advanced Archery :
    - Teleporting Arrow (Teleports you where the arrow hits) : [IMG]
    - Slowing Arrow (Slows your target) : [IMG]
    - Poisened Arrow (Poisons your target) : [IMG]
    - Torch Arrow / Torch Launcher (Launches torches that sticks to walls) : [IMG] [IMG]

• Bunny Gears :
    - Bunny Leather (dropped by Bunnies) :[IMG]

- Bunny Shoes (speeds you up by 3%) :[IMG]

- Bunny Suit : [IMG]

- Bunny Armor Set (Bunny Suit, Shoes and Hood = RightClick makes your jump).

- Bunny Launcher (launches Bunnies towards your enemy. Have a very little chance to transform the target into a bunny -doesn't work on bosses -) : [IMG]

- Mechanical Bunny (B. Launcher ammo) : [IMG]

• Misc items :
    - Day'n'Night (Switch between day and night) : [IMG]
    - Dying Soul (Powerful dark spell) : [IMG]
    - Feather Cannon (uses Feather as ammo) : [IMG]
    - Magic Bow (Makes arrow rain upon your target) : [IMG]
    - Reinforced Magic Bow (upgraded version of the M.B.) : [IMG]
    - Titan Grapple (acts both as a weapon and as a grapple) : [IMG]

[IMG]

Credits
    Thanks to the following for their awesome work. Most of the sprites are not mine, and have been done by those absolutely awesome spriters :
    - TankNut,
    - MCMo,
    - Nsogge <3,
    - MiraiMai (See the fuckin' awesome parallel world armors ? It's her!)
    - WaffleGamingCentral,
    - Cuckoos (parallel universe NPCs <3)

Special thanks to those, who helped me alot and are still helping me sometimes. Holly sh*t, i know you all for nearly a year now... Wow :

- SP,
    - Yorai <3,
    - Omnir (awesome spriter),
    - W1k (held my thread for... 3 months ?),
    - Zoodle,

Aaaannnnnd ... You all, Terraria's community !

Feel free to donate if you like my work !

[IMG]

( Why is there a donate button, and why are my links monetized ?
    For two main reasons : first, adf.ly gives me solid statistics about downloads and helps me keeping records of my work. Secondly, three seconds are ABSOLUTELY nothing compared to the time i spent making those mods, and even if that's not my goal, i like to have some (very little) monetization of my work. To be honnest, i earnt about 100$ from the beginning... This means less than 10$/month, so stop complaining about monetization, i'm not making tons of money with modding. )

INSTALLATION NOTES

INSTALLATION VIDEO TUTORIAL :

You will need Winrar (or other .rar extractors) in order to do this. Just google it and download a trial version.
    1. Back-up your saves before doing any of this.
    2. Download and install "Game Launcher". http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/terraria-game-launcher-gui.64759/
    3. Download and install "tConfig". http://www.terrariaonline.com/threads/released-wip-tconfig-a-mod-to-make-mods.52207/
    4. Download the "Obsidian Mod" from the first post in this thread
    5. Extract the files (or just open the .rar file with winrar)
    6. Place the "Obsidian Mod" folder and the "Obsidian Mod.obj", that you got from the .rar file, into the "ModPacks" folder. If it ain't there create a folder called "ModPacks" into Documents>My Games>Terraria
    7. Launch Terraria through steam to open Game Launcher.
    8. Launch tConfig from the Game Launcher window.
    9. Go to "tConfig Settings" and turn on "Obsidian Mod".
    10. Click "Reload Mods"
    11. PLAY THE GAME AND ENJOY !
    If you want to bring over an existing character, just copy the files from Documents>My Games> Terraria>Playersand copy over the character files to the tconfig folder that's in that folder.
    The same could be done with worlds. Just instead of the "Players" folder, it'll be the "Worlds" folder.

How Can you help ?

If you're interested in working with me on this project, there's still ALOT to do. I need people to make a complete wiki about the mod, i always need spriters, i need banners, i need suggestions, i need feedbacks... feel free to send me a PM if you wanna help in any way =).

2. Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

*her :p
    tl;dr, but does it work in multiplayer? If not... beh. :p
  3. Obsidian54 Blazing Wheel

Uh, never noticed she was a girl :oops:.
    Anyway, nope everything is not MP-compatible, some things are still bugging, but i'm trying to fix'em'all ^^
  4. Shockah Grandson of the Wizard

You'll have a hard time making the Parallel World work in multiplayer, I guess... Other than that, you should start making a mod by making sure everything will work in mp :p.
  5. Obsidian54 Blazing Wheel

Not necessarily ; I mean, my mods are not designed to be MP-compatible. Ofcourse that'd be a plus, but MP compatibility is often not an easy thing when dealing with complicated codes.
    Anyway, everything should work find in SP ;D
  6. Modder35342 Bunny

Is there a point in trying the Parallel World Pack in multiplayer, or it is something that won't even load for anyone but the host?

Also, you forgot to include a link for the Rainy Mod. Some earlier version of it used to cause severe FPS drops on my fairly high-end PC, so I'd prefer to test it separately.

Congratulations on the release.
  7. Reactorcore Cursed Skull

I wonder... I'm currently in the middle of a long game, but I'd like to add the boss pack and the parallel world pack to the playthrough.

My question is, do the parallel world and boss packs do anything with the normal world terrain generation? I'm thinking if I could add those two in without needing to start over again.
  8. Modder35342 Bunny

I don't think you have to restart. The bosses and the parallel world seem all to be triggered by custom NPCs' drops and craftable items. No terrain-related changes, at least from what I can see.
  9. MiraiMai Fire Imp

Ya would appreciate you fixing that to her :p And I agree parallel probably won't ever work multiplayer, but maybe get others working so people have the option :p (I'm sure most the tools/weapons/etc don't need any changes)

Also, curious, assuming the big pack contains the rain, have you thought of adding overrides? I know they're new to you, but not very complicated. It lets you put multiple versions of a mod in a single pack, so you could have an option to disable the rain in the tConfig Settings menu. You might want to make it 4 options, "SP", "SP w/ Rain", "MP", "MP w/ Rain", seeing as how the rain is probably going to be wanted gone by some people(not sure for me yet, my computer is crap so might cause lag ^-^;; ) and the MP option can give people a guarantee that everything in it will work for multiplayer.

@Reactorcore:
    I don't think so, the only thing the parallel world mod would add for your world would be the portal, and you have to build that.
  10. Yoraiz0r The Wizard

Congratulations on achieving the rewrite Obsidian!
    I read through the entire thread , the content seems solid and remains in great touch with the original mod's build :D

One thing though - I suggest making a condensed pack with multiple activation choices , should save some people time on downloading xP
    PoroCYon likes this.
  11. Obsidian54 Blazing Wheel

I never tried Parallel world in MP, i guess it'll crash the server, but you could try ^^
    Link thing fixed.

You're right, anything forces you to restart ;)

That sounds like a good idea, i'll look into that when i'll have some time ! Thanks for the advice ;)
  12. W1K ded

Im pro thread holder. Dunno if I really deserve the credits, but whatever.

The awesomeness is back. Hell yea!
    Obsidian54 likes this.
  13. Obsidian54 Blazing Wheel

Dude, regardless of your help on my thread when i was inactive, you helped me alot with various things, don't you remember ?
  14. Astiahl Cursed Man

A bit of odd behavior with this mod in for me. When I load into a world with this it spits out an error at me and freezes, if I minimize Terraria it locks and I have to end the process manually. But if I open Task manager without minimizing I can click the "OK" button about a dozen times Terraria will continue as if nothing happened. Albiet slightly broken though, as I tried crafting a Wooden boomerang/Javelins and all I do with them is sort of flail my fist at the air.

Error log...it seems to repeat for many thousands of lines after this as well o.o
    Code:
    12/20/2012 8:28:10 AM
    Code (Obsidian_Global ModWorld UpdateWorld()) Error:
    System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 Terraria.Projectile.NewProjectile(Single, Single, Single, Single, Int32, Int32, Single, Int32)'.
      at Terraria.ModWorld.UpdateWorld()
      --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
      at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
      at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
      at Terraria.Codable.RunSpecifiedMethod(String details, Object code, String methodName, Object[] parameters)

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Int32 Terraria.Projectile.NewProjectile(Single, Single, Single, Single, Int32, Int32, Single, Int32)'.
      at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
      at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(IRuntimeMethodInfo method, Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeType typeOwner)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
      at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
      at Terraria.Codable.RunSpecifiedMethod(String details, Object code, String methodName, Object[] parameters)

12/20/2012 8:28:11 AM

15. Obsidian54 Blazing Wheel

What modpack have you installed ? Global one ?
  16. Modder35342 Bunny

! The Time Portal (the Parallel World item) doesn't work in multiplayer and can potentially destroy the original world, so test with caution and have a backup. Tested from All-in-on Package on a new world, with no other mods running. Sucks big time, but I hope the rest of the components will do better. If anyone checks any other components for MP compatibility, please share the results with the rest of us.
  17. Astiahl Cursed Man

Yes, Global Modpack. Just woke up and it didn't even occur to me to try each pack seperately to help with feedback...I'll get on that. >.>

EDIT: Though now that I look at it the end-world pack seems to be linkless.
  18. Obsidian54 Blazing Wheel

I just tried to play and craft Wooden Boomerang/javelins from a brand new char in a brand new world and nothing bad happened. The error log says it crashed in UpdateWorld() which is odd because the only thing that happened in this piece of code is weather events. My guess is a compatibility error with other mods, what other mods are running ?

I'm gonna try to fix that. Thanks for report.
  19. Astiahl Cursed Man

At first I had RussLeeIV's Item Pack and Bag Slots mods and MiraiMai's Never Enough Mods Series (excluding devices) in addition to the Global Pack. First thing I did was Reload with everything else off, unfortunately it made no difference. HOWEVER! I manually Dl'd and installed all the smaller packs and things seem to be running smoothly (at least to the extent I can test them), spawned next to a snow biome and within 5 seconds was being attacked by a frost demon, and basic throwing weapons now seem to work.

EXCEPT the Parallel World pack at least...it doesn't seem to have a download link.

EDIT: Played around for a few minutes and after a bit got this error.

Code:
    12/20/2012 9:33:57 AM
    Code (Buff Rain Effects(Terraria.Player,0,41,10799,)) Error:
      at Terraria.Rain_Buff.Effects(Player player)

I'm presuming it's from the rain mod?
  20. nsogge Demon Eye

yo obsidian, on your all in one download, it says "includes every packeges", it should be includes all packeges, or includes every packege. :p